Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Diane

Thanks for showing the green and yellow afghan -- I like it, but probably because it has green in it .Anything green is good to me . Maybe in person it's even brighter, but it's pretty !

Cheeria- glad you got the little guy to take a nap --sounds like he might have needed one .

Tab- yep, a round ripple would work -- any round project with lots of colors, so if you like them, you may just be in the right place !

Saddle up and join in if you'd like to .We'll be here.

Your new car sounds nice-- what color is it ?

*Will check in after bit - time to put on some grub for supper .

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw posts from Mary & Cindy--

Hey guys ..

Mary- it sounds like you slid right into that Grandma job with no prior skills needed ! I knew you'd be great at it !

Cindy- wow, you certainly do have a lot of things needing done this week.

Thanks for taking time to stop in - and congrats on the new computer coming soon !

Hello to the House! John has convinced me that dropping out of here is a bad idea. My doctor concurs. My depression is out of whack and causing me all sorts of problems: horrible self-image, feelings of worthlessness, etc. However, isolating will only make it worse. We are changing up my meds for a while until this calms down, which could take a while. Please bear with me if I'm a bit disjointed and off kilter for a while.

This is my 3SURR (3 strand ugly round ripple) from a couple of years ago, which more or less illustrates what Julie has in mind for our next project, I think.

post-9295-135897525156_thumb.jpg

Good Morning Ladies :clap

It looks like a busy house again this morning. Weather is lovely today, I am almost done packing my stuff. Addie's bag is packed and she will be going to the Doggy Hotel today. :no I feel guilty about leaving her, am very sad. Dumb I know but she is my fur baby.

Not dumb...we recently had to say goodbye to our Susie, but 4 1/2 yo Sparkie has only been borded once. We can't bear the look in his eyes as he stares back at us. Me, at least, since I'm made into the bad guy, dropping off at the kennel!

I like those bright colors in the ghan, Diane!!:clap

Hi Ladies. :)

Welcome to Jennifer and Ally. :hook

You all have been so busy and I still have my same 34 squares to make. :lol I'm thrilled to be a Granny and am spending lots of time with DD and the little guy...wouldn't trade it for anything! :c9

Time passes too quickly - there will alway s be time to hook, but never enough time for Luke.

I must put groceries away and walk Gracie...I hope everyone is doing well. :manyheart

How's Gracie doing??

Judy/Julie~What is this new CAL? Did I read right, a round ripple? I hope so because I love, love, love the, and it would be a nice, easy, relaxing project. Might be just up my alley right now. :yes

Here's one of the 2 I always use:

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

You can just keep on going to make it bigger.

Well, now that Our House is back to the full compliment of inhabitants I'll go back to work on a simple shawl I started this afternoon. A friend of a friend (neighbor around the corner) is losing her battle and is in hospital. I wanted to make her something soft and lightweight to snuggle with, so am using a big hook (M, I think - just grabbed it without looking) and DK yarn from the UK....a rich blue. Using a HDC stitch has it looking like lace...

BBL.

I use the round ripple pattern that Judy posted, but use two strands and a P hook so that I can shade from one color to the next.

Thanks for the hugs, Judy & Crazybunny.

Wow- busy House today- Just finished reading through all the posts and dinner is almost ready so I've got to sign off and feed DH and then clean up and then I'll be back!

Linda- I'm so happy to see you back!!!!! made my day!!!!!:manyheart:hug

Hi Linda

so very glad to see you . We have all greatly missed you . I understand where you are coming from. I've had some of the same problems, and there are days when you'd rather just shut this thing down and climb into a hole .

Try really hard to keep coming in if you can -- we will all help in any way we can .

I don't think your RR is ugly at all, I think it made a really cool design !

Very pretty .

And don't forget ,you have a LOT of friends on here who care about you .

We'll all be here for you --if you need something ,just holler .:hug

Hello to the House! John has convinced me that dropping out of here is a bad idea. My doctor concurs. My depression is out of whack and causing me all sorts of problems: horrible self-image, feelings of worthlessness, etc. However, isolating will only make it worse. We are changing up my meds for a while until this calms down, which could take a while. Please bear with me if I'm a bit disjointed and off kilter for a while.

This is my 3SURR (3 strand ugly round ripple) from a couple of years ago, which more or less illustrates what Julie has in mind for our next project, I think.

[ATTACH]19788[/ATTACH]

I am so sorry to hear things are bonkers right now. I completely understand and agree that as much as some of us would like to crawl under rock it is NOT good. I have learned recently that I need all of you.....you all make me smile and even if it is for a second, we need it. Hang in there and feel free to PM me if you need to talk or if you need anything at all. :manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

:woo OMG, Linda's back. :dance So glad to see you. :jumpyay You were missed my friend. :hug:manyheart:hug:yes I don't understand why you call that your ugly RR, :no I think it is divine!!

Hey Tab--

I think I posted a link to a web page POST 4850 ? or 4860 ? that has lots of round afghans on it to choose from .

Hope you decide to join us !!!

I found them, thanks! :yay Jaden wants the round ripple, so that is the one I will be doing first. Darius also wants a blanket, so I might do his next. :hook

Linda, I'm glad to see you here. Hope those meds kick in soon and you're back to your self. I don't think your round ripple is ugly at all.

I like that RR pattern that Judy posted too. I make my RR baby blankets using that one.

Thank you, Joanne, Julie, & Tabby. You have no idea how much all of your support means to me. It'll take at least a week or two for the new levels of the meds to really get working. I'm trying to take it just a tiny piece of a day at a time. This is a very busy week for Kim and I, which is helping, too. I have to focus on other things so that she gets taken care of properly. Thanks to all of you here in the House. :hug

Sorry I took so long posting the peapod. Oops! I also made a small flower RR, bibs, washcloths, dress, mary jane booties, and a matching hat with flower. BUT, I forgot to take pics. before giving them away and this is the only picture I have found so far with any of my gifts. They just bought a new home and are still unpacking, but I will get pictures as soon as they get settled. :yes

Anywhoo, here is the pea pod.

th_peapod2.jpg

th_peapod.jpg

Oh my word- that pea pod is so cute Tabitha!!

I've just settled down- can't believe it is 7:30 already, so please forgive me if I don't respond individually to you all right now. I've got some crocheting to do!:lol This working full time really cuts into my "fun" time!:lol

Good luck with the new car Tab! Love that bright ghan, Diane! Not colors that would work in my house- but will make the recipient very happy!

Can't wait to see your FO on Friday, Judy!

Sheila- Take a pic of your son in his fireman outfit:lol

Marisa- I think your hexagon looks great! Not wonky at all!!

Linda- I love your "ugly" round ripple- not ugly at all! And I really am happy you are back :hug

Everyone- I love coming home to the "house" every day! Thank you all for being here!!!:manyheart

Archived