Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helllloooooo Ladies,

Well, for the record....I was up at 7 am this morning. Yes 17 wineries was too much for 1 day, but it was the only way without taking off an extra day of work :( And...yes, of course we tasted several wines at each one. The advantage was that the tour we did was on Cayuga Lake in upstate NY, which is where I went to school so my sister has done the same tour with me in the past and I am familiar with what everything is and where it is so it went pretty smooth. My father was our DD :) and mom joined in the fun, LOL. But, my sister and I have been trying to do this particular event for a few years now and something kept coming up. This was the wine and herb fest and we got a potted herb plant at each winery!! :yay Now, I have to figure out how to plant them to keep them alive!!! :eek

Sounds like everyone has been busy and I didn't take the best notes because I was skimming along. I got home not long ago, unpacked the essentials and decided to check before sitting to get some hooking in. ;) I'm exhausted, but am trying to keep myself awake a little longer otherwise I'll be in trouble in the morning if I let myself doze off now!

Ally - Congrats on getting into the Nursing program!!!! :cheer:clap:yay That's awesome news!

I kinda feel left out of the nursing group :( There are soooo many :yes

That being said, Tab - get yourself a new doc if you don't like your current one!!!!!!! Don't wait until something has been nagging you for 2 weeks until you go!!!!! Go Go Go........

Those were the 2 specifics I wanted to address from my skimming of the posts ;) I managed to crochet about a half a skein on my lapghan over the weekend :):clap. Going to work on something else for now before retiring for the evening.

Hi Marisa

thank you for stopping in after your weekend. It sounds like you guys had lots of fun .

Good luck on your plants- maybe someone else in here has a green thumb. I'm not too good at plants of any kind .

I'm checking out for the night --will check in early tomorrow- I have a huge afghan to get done .

Nurse Joanne checking in here!:lol

I'm an LPN- went back to school originally to get my RN, but I didn't think I would be able to work full time days and then do clinicals at night so opted instead to obtain a BA in Sociology- much easier to sit in a classroom after working all day then doing clinical on my feet after working all day! I'm glad I did- I had a great experience going to school at Rutgers!!! (even as an old geezer-:lol:lol)

Didn't realize there were so many nurses and Marisa is our resident chiro. Welcome back home Marisa- sounds like you had a blast this weekend!!! Sorry your Flyers lost to the Bruins (NOT----:)

Judy- I agree with Julie- that Jackson ghan is going to be huge!!! And how bout them Yankees!!!! :yes

And now.....drumroll please..........I finished the ghan:clap:clap- so glad that is done!! Now all I have to do is wash it and wrap it up!!!!

My middle DD called and she has a baby shower to go to on May 17- her BF's brother and wife are expecting a baby boy- so guess what she wants me to make for her to give as a gift? YUP, you guessed it---a baby blankie!

I've never made baby blankets before (please remember I've only been crocheting for a year:lol) Do you have to use baby yarn or will any worsted work?

Time for me to wind down for he evening. Monday morning will be here before I know it!!

Night House!

Oh, all the talk about ice cream today- DH and I went to Carvel after dinner- and I had a hot fudge sundae- since that was on my brain all day!!!

Tabitha- Please take care of yourself!!!

Judy

That Jackson afghan will be big enough to cover Jackson, Mississippi if you keep it up !!!

Yup...that's what I get for havng a king-size bed! At least it's not the kind with the double thick mattresses. Then I'd be at it forever, for sure!!

I have 11 squares made...want another 10 done before laying it out for placement of the next 2 strips.

I think I'll need to make another 10 after that - I'll see...

So...it's either 21 squares I need or 31...:D

I liked the look of what I had already done so much I just HAD to make it bedspread size!:lol

'nite all....:hug:manyheart:hug

Nurse Joanne checking in here!:lol

I'm an LPN- went back to school originally to get my RN, but I didn't think I would be able to work full time days and then do clinicals at night so opted instead to obtain a BA in Sociology- much easier to sit in a classroom after working all day then doing clinical on my feet after working all day! I'm glad I did- I had a great experience going to school at Rutgers!!! (even as an old geezer-:lol:lol)

Didn't realize there were so many nurses and Marisa is our resident chiro. Welcome back home Marisa- sounds like you had a blast this weekend!!! Sorry your Flyers lost to the Bruins (NOT----:)

My son is a chiro...got his Biology degree from Rutgers, the main campus, first, though. He's great at what he does:c9

Judy- I agree with Julie- that Jackson ghan is going to be huge!!! And how bout them Yankees!!!!:yes

It's going to be interesting trying to get a picture of the entire thing on the bed:lol

Unbelievable Yankee game!! Nice seeing Nick Johnson finally get a big hit .

And now.....drumroll please..........I finished the ghan:clap:clap- so glad that is done!! Now all I have to do is wash it and wrap it up!!!! YAY!:yay:yay Picture please - whenever you can get to it....

My middle DD called and she has a baby shower to go to on May 17- her BF's brother and wife are expecting a baby boy- so guess what she wants me to make for her to give as a gift? YUP, you guessed it---a baby blankie!

I've never made baby blankets before (please remember I've only been crocheting for a year:lol) Do you have to use baby yarn or will any worsted work?

Worsted yarn is fine...I make lots of baby ghans. And if you don't want it to feel heavy, use a larger hook than called for. It'll drape better, too. A good finished size is 36 inches...or more. Mine often end up in the "more" category.:lol Also: I wash mine in cool water, using unscented owny if I have it - it softens the Red Heart yarn beautifull - or you can hit the Vanna Baby yarn sale at AC Moore this week. THAT yarn is very soft and has great body to it.

Time for me to wind down for he evening. Monday morning will be here before I know it!!

Night House!

Nite, hon!:hug

I am of to bed myself, but wanted to stop in to let ya'll know I am still kickin'. :D

And ever heard the saying that nurses make the worst patients? Well, that is me....I diagnose myself, and I hate listening to anything the Dr. tell's me to do. :devil I know me best and that is just how I believe.

Julie~The dizziness and blackout is not the first for me, but this is the firt one in awhile and the only with the sharp head pains. I am hopin it is just my anxiety because I did not have a good day yesterday......I could have killed someone (no name because I am not incriminating myself incase this someone comes up missing one day). :devil Also my older twin has hit puberty and is really mean, disrespectful, and moody.......I do not know if I will survive these teen years.......the stress is just killing me slowly from the inside out. :yes:(

Have a good night all.....I am off to bed....hopefully things will be better tomorrow. :manyheart

GOOD AFTERNOON HOUSE!!!! =)

I've got GREAT news to share with you!!!! I got accepted into the Nursing Program!!!!!

Congratulations!

I was an active RN for 14 years, then retired and went into accounting. I'm a Diploma RN with a BA in Psychology and a BS in accounting. How's that for a varied background.

Doctors make the worst patients!

I loved AVATAR!!!!! It was riveting on the TV and must have been really something in the theaters in 3D. I've spent most of the rest of the day reading a really good book.

I'm about to hit the sack. See you all tomorrow.

Morning ,ladies

I hope you are all doing well this fine day . I just woke up,so am kinda sluggish this morning . Maybe I'll be more alert later .

Anyhow, hope you all have a good start to your week and get lots accomplished this week .

Back later -

Good morning and Welcome to Monday!!!

Judy- Thanks for letting me know that any worsted works for a baby blanket. Did you have to mention about Vanna's Baby being on sale at ACM this week,?:devil I'm going to see what I have first in stash that might work- otherwise a trip to ACM it will be!:lol

Linda- Glad you liked Avatar- Maybe one of these weekends, I'll put in the DVD and watch it!

Tab- Thanks for checking in- and yes, the teenage years- remember them well! Three teenage girls at once with raging hormones- not so much fun! But really can't complain since all in all they were good. Just the typical they know more than me syndrome.

Julie- Hope you have a good day too!!!

Cindy- Hope your Monday at work goes by quickly- just as I'm hoping mine does:lol

Everyone in the House- Have a great day!!!! Time to get moving!!:hug

Joanne- forgot to say,congrats on completing the afghan,and good luck on your baby-ghan. Judy and Linda have made lots of them for charity so may have good ideas for patterns /yarn for you to use . I think you could use ww if you want to , you wouldnt have to use baby yarn .

Tab- hang in there -- those teen years can be difficult, although we didnt have an especially bad time during those years, it has been their adult years. You can see them headed straight for trouble, so you can either say something to them and make them mad for butting in, or you dont say anything and watch the whole thing crumble, when you knew it would .

Parenting is no easy task,but you'll get through it . You may end up with a few battle scars, but you'll survive .

Today should be better- at least they will be in school ,so that should help .

Hope you are feeling better today .

So Linda

what was the really good book you were reading yesterday ? I'm always looking for something new to read, although I dont spend as much time reading as I used to -- someday I need to get back to it again more .

Good morning everyone. After I got up at 5:30 and put in my contacts and put on some make up, my phone rang. I was offered a few hours off this morning, so I washed my face and crawled back into bed. I got up at 7 again since I am on call. So I've had a few unexpected hours of rest. I may have to go in later, but I won't know until they need me.

Anyhow...off to get some coffee.

Cindy, don't ya just hate it when you have your face on and no where to go?:D At least you had an easy start to your day so far.

Judy- Thanks for letting me know that any worsted works for a baby blanket. Did you have to mention about Vanna's Baby being on sale at ACM this week,?:devil I'm going to see what I have first in stash that might work- otherwise a trip to ACM it will be!:lol

I'm here to help:devil

Morning ,ladies

I hope you are all doing well this fine day . I just woke up,so am kinda sluggish this morning . Maybe I'll be more alert later .

Anyhow, hope you all have a good start to your week and get lots accomplished this week .

Back later -

I couldn't sleep last night - not till the early morning hours...

TG for caffeine.:P

I'm thinking I need to be more active during the day - walk - even if the weather isn't good enough for Sparkie to walk, I should. My sweet Susie had me always moving, so I'm thinking that mght be the problem

I was an active RN for 14 years, then retired and went into accounting. I'm a Diploma RN with a BA in Psychology and a BS in accounting. How's that for a varied background.

Doctors make the worst patients!

With that background you should always have a job:yes AND it makes you a very interesting person to know:)

Yup, doctors are the worst patients....includng chiros (no offense, Marissa;)) DS was always diagnosing himself - and with his high BP he frightened us! He finally found an osteopath who "gets" him and who he respects and listens to. Mom and Dad are at the bottom of the list insofar as that goes....

I am of to bed myself, but wanted to stop in to let ya'll know I am still kickin'. :D

:devil Also my older twin has hit puberty and is really mean, disrespectful, and moody.......I do not know if I will survive these teen years.......the stress is just killing me slowly from the inside out. :yes:(

Have a good night all.....I am off to bed....hopefully things will be better tomorrow. :manyheart

I remember the teen years...too much testosterone in this case...verbal battles galore. The best thing: when he moved on campus at the beginning of college:D

I hope you have a good day today:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone...it's almost 6:00 am, but I've been awake since 4:30, thanks again to Serenghetti, the yarn pirate...slap my hands, I didn't crochet at all yesterday...I think I'm still beyond exhausted from the trip...today though, I have to get back on the daily routine horse, but otherwise, past the daily routine, I'm on "vacation..." I will try again, though, to get back on that crochet horse...

As you know I live on an island...so I'm looking around the house, at least on the first floor, and I truly feel like I'm "shipwrecked..." Last time I felt this way was when I first moved here and then again a year later when I was able to bring the rest of my stuff up here from California. This week, I simply refuse to go upstairs (that's the "vacation" part of this week) but Hub-E, bless him, goes up and putters around, emptying a box or two...

In other words, I'm just overwhelmed on a number of levels. Even with the daily stuff to do around here, there are some things that simply cannot be avoided...oh well, when you have a herd of elephants coming at you, you just take them one at a time and cut them up with your knife and fork...

Happy Monday...do what you can with what you have...

Good morning Housemates. It's gently raining today and looks like it rained all night, too. I have a mountain of laundry to fold today and dishes to put away all before I can see daylight. And of course, there is mom's quilt to get cracking on, too. Kim's doing much better. She continued to be sick Saturday night, but was okay yesterday. I'm hoping it was just some 24 hour bug. We'll be taking it easy for several days just to be on the safe side.

Gotta get her her medicine now. BBL.

Still no call from work....:xfin (probably just jinxed myself!!:lol)

I don't mind working at all, but it would be nice to have a whole free day!

I haven't done much yet today, just picked up a little and crocheted some on a baby blanket.

Linda, I'm glad Kim is better. Hope she continues to do well.

wow lots of RNs, LPNs!! lots of HELP!!!! LOL... Will I be able to ask you ladies for help when I start?? lolPLZZ!!! lol

I start Aug 30. I have my Foundations of Nursing class, as well as clinicals at i-don't-know-what rotation. I'm so excited yet sooo scared!!!! I know it'll be 2 years that will be SOOOO tough, but soooo worth it!!! Can't wait to begin!!!! planning on going to the NICU once i'm done. or perhaps even L&D we shall see!!! =)v:clap:clap:clap so happy! hehe..

I havent crocheted this weekend..BAD ALLY... lol I went to Deaf Church yesterday, that was an experience! WOW!

Anyone here know ASL??

Ally, my youngest DD just got her BSN and totally changed her mind about what areas interested her several times during her university years. Keep an open mind, because you never know where your heart will send you. Good luck!

I started out as an oncology nurse, (because they offered me a day shift position!), and to my amazement I loved it. I thought it would be a sad place to work, but the feeling of the unit was overwhelmingly positive. It was a terrific place for building relationships, both with patients and their families, and co-workers.

Then the unit I worked on closed for remodelling and I was sent to urology. I found that extremely boring, although the patients were great, (but I know nurses that have worked there for many years and love it.) I was lucky enough to get a position in critical care after that, and loved that even more than oncology. I've been working part time in medical ICU for nearly 30 years, (although I still miss those oncology patients at times).

And feel free to ask for help, although I don't know how much help I'll be, its been years since I went to school!

Archived