Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

can i just check something on this, counting stitches

normally at the end of a row you chian3 then miss the 1st stitch as the turning chain counts as one, but on the rows where i start with the slip stitches theres no turing chain so i do not miss the 1st sticth....does that make sense

Yes it makes sense and yes you have it right.

I've spent the last 5 days working on charity items. Now I really have to get going on my flannelghan for the wedding. It's in less than a month now. Yikes! :eek Where did the time go? If I concentrate on it, it shouldn't be a problem, but I've got a lot of irons in the fire right now.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I finally finished!!!:cheer Well I still have to weave in the ends from the border.:crocheting Darn it I thought I was done. Anyway, I will do that tomorrow and then my daughter comes home Thursday night so I will get her to take a picture of the finished green and gold ( yes it is Baylor colors if anyone watched basketball, the guys made it all the way to 8 teams and the girls are in the final 4) but it is for my hubby. I am so glad I got it done since it got up to 78 :lol here today. Oh well I will get it washed up and then put it away till fall.:yay

Ok I finally finished!!!:cheer Well I still have to weave in the ends from the border.:crocheting Darn it I thought I was done. Anyway, I will do that tomorrow and then my daughter comes home Thursday night so I will get her to take a picture of the finished green and gold ( yes it is Baylor colors if anyone watched basketball, the guys made it all the way to 8 teams and the girls are in the final 4) but it is for my hubby. I am so glad I got it done since it got up to 78 :lol here today. Oh well I will get it washed up and then put it away till fall.:yay

:yay..................... cant wait to see pics!!

:heart

:mug

I'm still needing help on figuring out how much yarn I need, using 3 colors and measuring at least 42x80.

Tks

Patty, how are you planning on using the three colors? Are they all solid blocks? If so, how many are going to be of each color in the ghan? If not, how many solids of each color will there be and how many bicolors of each combination will there be? It takes about about 2 pounds of the main color and about 1.25 pounds of the secondary color for that size quilt. Based on the proportions used of each color, you could divide the total by the proportions to give you a pretty good estimate of how much you would need of each. Or I can figure it out for if you let me know what your plan is. Hope this helps. I've always been good at this type of calculation, so would be glad to help out if you're not so good at it. :hug

Patty, how are you planning on using the three colors? Are they all solid blocks? If so, how many are going to be of each color in the ghan? If not, how many solids of each color will there be and how many bicolors of each combination will there be? It takes about about 2 pounds of the main color and about 1.25 pounds of the secondary color for that size quilt. Based on the proportions used of each color, you could divide the total by the proportions to give you a pretty good estimate of how much you would need of each. Or I can figure it out for if you let me know what your plan is. Hope this helps. I've always been good at this type of calculation, so would be glad to help out if you're not so good at it. :hug

Sorry havent been on here in a while we have been running pretty hard.:yay I was going with a navy, ivory, and a varigated (navy,brown,ivory, and a lighter blue). Was thinking solid navy and ivory, then the navy and ivory together, and the varigated as a block. I don't know how many blocks to make I know I just want it to fit the bunk with maybe a little extra, hubbys themostat is running cooler than mine:lol so he will most likely us it to sleep with at night. Any help you can give me will be appreciated. I have 2 baby afghans to make first so I'm in no hurry, will probably start out with buying on color at a time. I have no idea how to even start to figure this. Thanks:manyheart

Linda- Your flannel'ghan came out awesome- The new married couple are sure to treasure it for years to come!

I had bought some Caron Pounders on sale a while back and after seeing yours, maybe I'll start another one. And alternate working on it with a smaller hook project!

Thanks, Patty, Gene, and Joanne. This is the second marriage for both bride and groom. However, I didn't see any afghans at all in their house when we visited them in February, so hopefully this will be something new for them. And they both like earth tones.

Patty, what are the measurements of the bunk? That will help figure it out.

Thanks, Patty, Gene, and Joanne. This is the second marriage for both bride and groom. However, I didn't see any afghans at all in their house when we visited them in February, so hopefully this will be something new for them. And they both like earth tones.

Patty, what are the measurements of the bunk? That will help figure it out.

80 x 42

80 x 42

Hi, Patty. If your squares are 10" by 10" then you would need rows that are 8 blocks long and 5 rows would give you a little extra on the sides. Or, 40 blocks. Based on what I went through on the one I just did that would be about 18 - 7 ounce skeins, using 2 strands throughout. In two colors I would split that up as 10 skeins on the most used color and 8 of the contrast color.

I made up a grid using the color blocks you named. The blue squares stand for the navy, the beige squares stand for the ivory, the light blue squares stand for the navy and ivory squares, and the orange squares stand for the variegated yarn.

Based on this pattern you would need approximately 4 - 6 skeins of the variegated yarn, and 7 -8 skeins of both the ivory and navy yarns. Hope this helps.

Oops! I forgot to upload the pattern. Here it is. I would then do a border of 4 rounds of half double crochet, either one round of each color or two rounds of the ivory followed by two rounds of the navy.

post-9295-13589752293_thumb.jpg

Hi, Patty. If your squares are 10" by 10" then you would need rows that are 8 blocks long and 5 rows would give you a little extra on the sides. Or, 40 blocks. Based on what I went through on the one I just did that would be about 18 - 7 ounce skeins, using 2 strands throughout. In two colors I would split that up as 10 skeins on the most used color and 8 of the contrast color.

I made up a grid using the color blocks you named. The blue squares stand for the navy, the beige squares stand for the ivory, the light blue squares stand for the navy and ivory squares, and the orange squares stand for the variegated yarn.

Based on this pattern you would need approximately 4 - 6 skeins of the variegated yarn, and 7 -8 skeins of both the ivory and navy yarns. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for all the work, I would have bought 10 skeins of each color and prayed I had enough:lol. Now I can start to get some of the yarn, just need to make room for it and that will be a problem. OH Well hubbys clothes can go out the window:D, that way I will have plenty of room.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Evening friends!

Wanted to share my finished flannelghan, thank you so much for sharing the pattern! it sure works up fast, can't wait to start another one!

:hug and warmest of wishes!

post-33271-135897527685_thumb.jpg

Archived