Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

I just reported it too.

If you're unsure about the whipstitching you can always tie the corners of the squares together to make sure that you don't lose your place.

Other than that - keep the tension even and not too tight or it'll ripple up on you.

Is this for a boy or girl. That'll help with the border for it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made my Flannelghan 2 years ago as a Christmas gift for my brother that works in Afghanastan. Now that I'm reading about all the Flannelghans still being made, it's making me want to do another!

I need to get back to flannelghan'ing too, once it cools off! :sweat

this is truly one of the funnest patterns.... EVER!

Oh don't let the summer heat deter you...it's only 110 down here!:hot

:sun :sun :sun :sun :sun :sun :sun :sun :sun

Gene,

Do you have a picture of the border so I can see? Thanks for the info!

Merri,

Here's a couple of close-ups - first of my Flannelghan I made for my wife... I used the original version of the sedge stitch (sc, 2dc in same st, sk 2, repeat) after a few rounds of other ideas - first I did a round of sc, then a round of each color in sc in BLO, then a round of hdc in green, then alternating colors green and lavender of hdc, then the sedge stitch in green.

The other picture is the modified sedge - sc, dc in same st, repeat. This ones on a round ripple.

post-13211-135897568372_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897568375_thumb.jpg

I've got some flannel'ghans to make for gifts too so will be back on the flannel'ghan bandwagon.

By the way Merri- yours is looking great!!!!

I'm working on a 9 pt RR (my first) using CrochetDad's pattern- Gene- it's a great pattern and I'm loving it. Might use the border you mentioned above!!

I need to get back to flannelghan'ing too, once it cools off! :sweat

this is truly one of the funnest patterns.... EVER!

I so agree and have shared this pattern:yes more with fellow crocheters then any other. It has surpassed the Ripple Stitch Pattern which I have shared plenty.:yay

I have enjoyed everyone sharing..thank you!!!:hook

KathyWho

• 1 month later...

I just bought the yarn to make this afghan for my daughter. The colors I am using are RH Buff, RH Soft White and RH Aspen. I am hoping it will work up nice. I'll let you know how its working up once I get going.

Joan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Started another flannel'ghan today- it will be a Christmas gift for my middle DD's boyfriend. He is a huge NY Yankee fan so naturally, I'm making it using the team colors- I'm using Caron Pounders in Midnite blue and white.

I'm using HDC instead of DC and have one strip done! Four more to go!!!

Love this pattern! Rose Red, Thanks Again!

• 3 weeks later...

I finally finished it this morning- just in the (St) Nick of time!:lol

I had other Christmas gifts I was working on so the flannel'ghan strips were just waiting to be sewn together! Then I just did a simple HDC border and called it finished. It's all wrapped up and ready for giving to my DD's BF.

Merry Christmas!!!:ctree:wreath:santa:sheepxmas

ETA: HE LOVES IT!!!!!!! Tells me all the time how much he LOVES it and how warm it is!!!

post-27163-135897609322_thumb.jpg

Archived