Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

Leisa Welcome! We're looking forward to having you post here and other places on the 'Ville.

I've been slowly working on my flannelghan. I'm getting ready to join the first two strips. I've kind of put that off because I hate sewing! I want the looking without a crochet join though...I like the way it looks sewed. I'll get it done this evening though. I just have to talk myself into it first. :lol

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... its time for some fun today.... We're taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese... to eat too much pizza and play games! We're meeting up with our older kids who are bringing the grandbabies! :yay....... we are going to have some serious fun! Its kinda like a little family reunion at Chuck E Cheese... LOL

Now as luck would have it... right in the same parking lot... just next door so to say... is a Joanns...............guess who is going to swing in there for a few minutes to see if they have the yarn I want for my next Flannel'ghan?! :hook

I want to make one for each of my younger boys for thier beds. So those will be made of their favorite colors... I also want to make one of School colors to take to school sport events and such. I also want to make one for Baseball season in the team colors... Soooooooooooooo. I have alot of crocheting ahead of me! :hook

:heart

:mug

Tam, have fun with your family. Thats what we did for our oldest grandsons birthday a few months ago, and even grandma, grandpa and my two younger dks (ages 21 and 24) had fun with the grandsons there.

And funny you should mention it, but both the Chuck E Cheese's here are close to Joanns. One is across the street from it and the other is right next door to it.

OK now I am half way thru the last piece then I have to start joining. Now the first thing I have to do is sc all around every piece. Correct? And is it 2 or 3 sc in each of the 4 corners? I am going to have to go back to the first post and reread the joining part. I hope I can finish the last part and weave in the rest of the ends tonight. Thanks.

Thank you RoseRed, I did print the directions from the first post but they are buried under yarn. I have got to dig them out. Yes, I did just use green and gold so tomorrow I can start attaching. I can't wait. :crocheting My baby girl comes home for spring break on Thursday night so I want to get done before she gets home and she knows how to upload photos.:clap

Hi, everyone. I finally got back to crocheting yesterday after spending the weekend running errands both days. I took pictures as I started the second (joined) row and will try to explain how I do mine. First: I lay out the first strip so that the tail from the starting chain is on the left. Then I attach the yarn for the second panel with a slip stitch in the chain at the bottom of the turning chain that becomes the first dc of the next row on the first strip. Once it's attached, I crochet the starting chain for the second strip just like normal.

post-9295-135897511053_thumb.jpg

Continue on with the second strip by crocheting dcs in the starting change until you are back to the end of the strip and the side of the first strip.

post-9295-135897511056_thumb.jpg

Insert your hook in the base of the first dc of the next row on the first strip and join with a slip stitch.

post-9295-135897511063_thumb.jpg

Work a slip stitch half way up the same dc and another in the top of the same dc. This brings you to the top of the row.

post-9295-135897511069_thumb.jpg

Turn the piece over and work dcs to the end of the row on strip two. And then continue back along the piece with the next row of strip two, which will bring you back to the edge of the first strip.

post-9295-135897511075_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897511078_thumb.jpg

Do 3 slip stitches up the last dc of the next row of strip one, turn and work the next two rows of strip two. Continue all the way up the strips. Repeat on each of the next strips. When all the strips are worked you are ready to hide the tails and do your border. (Or do your border and hide the tails. :D Whichever way you choose to do it.)

I hope this is a better explanation of how I do my flannelghans. Feel free to ask questions if it's still unclear.

post-9295-135897511042_thumb.jpg

post-9295-13589751105_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897511059_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897511066_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897511072_thumb.jpg

Hi, everyone. I finally got back to crocheting yesterday after spending the weekend running errands both days. I took pictures as I started the second (joined) row and will try to explain how I do mine. First: I lay out the first strip so that the tail from the starting chain is on the left. Then I attach the yarn for the second panel with a slip stitch in the chain at the bottom of the turning chain that becomes the first dc of the next row on the first strip. Once it's attached, I crochet the starting chain for the second strip just like normal.

[ATTACH]17602[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17603[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17604[/ATTACH]

Continue on with the second strip by crocheting dcs in the starting change until you are back to the end of the strip and the side of the first strip.

[ATTACH]17605[/ATTACH]

Insert your hook in the base of the first dc of the next row on the first strip and join with a slip stitch.

[ATTACH]17606[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17607[/ATTACH]

Work a slip stitch half way up the same dc and another in the top of the same dc. This brings you to the top of the row.

[ATTACH]17608[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17609[/ATTACH]

Turn the piece over and work dcs to the end of the row on strip two. And then continue back along the piece with the next row of strip two, which will bring you back to the edge of the first strip.

[ATTACH]17610[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17611[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17612[/ATTACH]

Do 3 slip stitches up the last dc of the next row of strip one, turn and work the next two rows of strip two. Continue all the way up the strips. Repeat on each of the next strips. When all the strips are worked you are ready to hide the tails and do your border. (Or do your border and hide the tails. :D Whichever way you choose to do it.)

I hope this is a better explanation of how I do my flannelghans. Feel free to ask questions if it's still unclear.

Thats really cool!!!!

I dont mind sewing the strips together... but may have to try this just to see which I like better! Thanks so much for the detailed photos and instructions!:hug

:heart

:mug

[ATTACH]17602[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17603[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17604[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17605[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17606[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17607[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17608[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17609[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17610[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17611[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17612[/ATTACH]

wow cool, will be trying that out on a pratice piece soon, thanks!

Dear Joules ---

Just noticed your name -- I love it -- very pretty spelling !!!

from one Julie to another -- Welcome !!! :)

aw ty, it comes from when i was a teenager in science class, working on killajoules (not sure thats the right spelling though)

Archived