Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful job, Linda !

congrats on finishing in time !!

And what colors will the next one be,any ideas yet ?

Michael and Laurel both like earth tones, so a couple of shades of warm brown are what I have in mind for them. I have to see what I can find in the stores. I may have to special order it to get it all in the same dye lot.

is there a closer measurement on the amount of yarn needed? something better than 5-7 pounds total. I have alot in my stash so I am looking to use up some of that before buying more if I don't have too.

Thanks

Thank you, Cindy, Debbie, and Evelyn. It was fun to make. I bought the yarn for the next one today. I'll be using ILTY in brown and toasted almond. Same size, just more traditional in the design.

It's done, done, done! And I finished hiding all the tails before the Olympic torch went out, too. Whee! It turned out about twice as big as the pattern calls for, but I like them big. The pictures show it on a queen sized bed. It's got enough overhang so that nobody has part of them uncovered when there are more than one person in the bed. Kim, the lady I care for, is sleeping under it here. Now to make another one this size for Kim and John's son who is getting married in April. :lol

Linda - all I can say is "Wow!" That looks really nice. The variegated yarn gives it a unique look.

Great job!

Linda- you did a great job on that ghan- love the colors you used! Congrats on getting that done in time for the end of the games- that is really quite an achievement. Kudos to you!!!

Hello, everyone! I have been telling Julie and Judy that I'd come by here for a few weeks now. Well, today I decided to take the plunge. :hook I'm making the flannelghan to go with my new furniture in the living room. I will definitely need encouragement to finish because I'm horrible at finishing anything I start for myself.

I look forward to crocheting with you all. Oh, I almost forgot. I took a picture of the first strip of my ghan. I'm actually making mine with SC in lieu of the DC. I'm making them seven blocks long (I might change this to nine...we'll see when I get there how I feel about it) by seven strips long (again, might go nine). Thanks for looking!

post-28827-135897509642_thumb.jpg

Nicole, that looks really pretty!

...and I'm the same way: somehow I'm always finding someone else to make something for - but this year is different!;)

It's lovely, Nicole.

When I did mine for the Olympic Games, I joined my strips together as I went. What I did was each time I came next to the first strip I would do a slip stitch in the top of the corresponding row of the first strip, a slip stitch half way up the dc, and a slip stitch at the top of the dc. Then I'd turn and go on with the second strip. It worked really well and looks nice. That way I didn't have to sew the strips together at the end. :lol After the first half row of getting used to doing it, it was a breeze. I'd do a slip stitch in the end of the chain row to start the next row of chains, too.

It would be so much easier to show you, than it is to try to explain it. Maybe I can take pictures of what I'm doing when I start on the second strip. I've done the first two blocks of the first strip so far. :lol

Archived