Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just started one for Dad. Red and black with white in between. It's slow going with my neck and shoulders right now but I have time.

Oh...........cant wait to see.

I'm 1.5 blocks away from having 3 strips of 7 done. I'll try to get a picture up on Friday.

Look at you ... good job!

what colors are you using?

I need to get the yarn for my next Flannel'ghan! I want to get started on the ones for my younger boys!!!

I just need all the darn sickness to stop attacking my family so I can.

:heart

:mug

Hi, Tam. This one's in Brown and Toasted Almond in ILTY.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh... cozy!!!

I need to get a nice green and cream for one of my boys. I'm hoping for a Michaels run this weekend! :D

Hello all,

Here it is all laid out on the table. I have gotten almost 3 sewn together so far.

[ATTACH]18036[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18037[/ATTACH]

Omgosh thats coming out so NEAT!

Great work!!!

Thanks Tam. It is all because of you that I am doing this. Well you and RoseRed of course. I haven't been crocheting much since the kids are home for break so I have gotten way behind. I am going to get it finished next week!!!! I have been working on a throw for my granddaughter and I did a hat for my daughter.

Hello all,

Here it is all laid out on the table. I have gotten almost 3 sewn together so far.

[ATTACH]18036[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18037[/ATTACH]

That looks really good! I love those colors. I plan on pulling mine out this weekend.

Thanks Tam. It is all because of you that I am doing this. Well you and RoseRed of course. I haven't been crocheting much since the kids are home for break so I have gotten way behind. I am going to get it finished next week!!!! I have been working on a throw for my granddaughter and I did a hat for my daughter.

awwwwwwwww....shucks!:blush

Yep... RoseRed sure created one heck of a good pattern!

You're doing a great job! I love the colors!

I cant wait to get out to the store this weekend and get yarn for my next Flannel'ghan! :hook

Thanks everyone. :D

Linda yours is going to be so pretty and what a wonderful present for the new couple.

I got all the pieces sewn together and tonight I am putting on the border. I can't wait...:)

Love looking at all the flannel'ghans- and the nice color combos. RoseRed really created a winner with this pattern!!!

I was at DD and SIL's today and somehow we got talking about afghans- SIL mentioned that he would just love an afghan of his own. DH said oh, Joanne can make one- she should make you one just like mine- it is so nice and warm! So I'll be starting another flannel'ghan for SIL!

Good morning all!

I just finished a baby round ripple and I am getting ready to make a flannel'ghan for my 4 yo son. He picked out the colors red and black. I am lookling forward to this project.

can i just check something on this, counting stitches

normally at the end of a row you chian3 then miss the 1st stitch as the turning chain counts as one, but on the rows where i start with the slip stitches theres no turing chain so i do not miss the 1st sticth....does that make sense

Hi, everyone. I finally got back to crocheting yesterday after spending the weekend running errands both days. I took pictures as I started the second (joined) row and will try to explain how I do mine. First: I lay out the first strip so that the tail from the starting chain is on the left. Then I attach the yarn for the second panel with a slip stitch in the chain at the bottom of the turning chain that becomes the first dc of the next row on the first strip. Once it's attached, I crochet the starting chain for the second strip just like normal.

[ATTACH]17602[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17603[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17604[/ATTACH]

Continue on with the second strip by crocheting dcs in the starting change until you are back to the end of the strip and the side of the first strip.

[ATTACH]17605[/ATTACH]

Insert your hook in the base of the first dc of the next row on the first strip and join with a slip stitch.

[ATTACH]17606[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17607[/ATTACH]

Work a slip stitch half way up the same dc and another in the top of the same dc. This brings you to the top of the row.

[ATTACH]17608[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17609[/ATTACH]

Turn the piece over and work dcs to the end of the row on strip two. And then continue back along the piece with the next row of strip two, which will bring you back to the edge of the first strip.

[ATTACH]17610[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17611[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17612[/ATTACH]

Do 3 slip stitches up the last dc of the next row of strip one, turn and work the next two rows of strip two. Continue all the way up the strips. Repeat on each of the next strips. When all the strips are worked you are ready to hide the tails and do your border. (Or do your border and hide the tails. :D Whichever way you choose to do it.)

I hope this is a better explanation of how I do my flannelghans. Feel free to ask questions if it's still unclear.

Archived