Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, everyone! I have been telling Julie and Judy that I'd come by here for a few weeks now. Well, today I decided to take the plunge. :hook I'm making the flannelghan to go with my new furniture in the living room. I will definitely need encouragement to finish because I'm horrible at finishing anything I start for myself.

I look forward to crocheting with you all. Oh, I almost forgot. I took a picture of the first strip of my ghan. I'm actually making mine with SC in lieu of the DC. I'm making them seven blocks long (I might change this to nine...we'll see when I get there how I feel about it) by seven strips long (again, might go nine). Thanks for looking!

[ATTACH]17335[/ATTACH]

Very pretty! Hope you stick to it and get it finished. I have a hard time making things for myself too.

Linda, you're really moving along! When I see your progress it makes me regret always needing to have multiple projects going...but I get so bored with only one:P

Oh, I've got more than one going. What I work on depends on my mood and how sore my hands are. Today it was what can I work on that will help me stay warm. Therefore, afghan.

Linda - I'd really appreciate the help understanding what you mean. Thanks! :hug

Cindy - Thank you! I'm addicted to the process right now for some reason. Usually all that repetitive work bores me quickly, but not so far.

Julie - The colors are Ivory and Dark Country Blue. It's the closest match to the couch I could find. The blue is a little too blue and not enough gray, but it will still look good.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I decided to stick with seven blocks and seven strips. I'm done with the first strip and into the third block of the second. I won't bore you with more pictures until I have some strips sewn together. :) Have a great evening!

Argh! I was halfway through my last strip when I realized that I started with a solid block instead of a variegated block like I was supposed to. At least I realized early and only have to :frog back one block. Hopefully I won't do that again! :sigh

Nicole, things like that happen to me when I'm working on what's considered an easy patter. My mind wanders:P

Nicole --yep, thats where I made my fatal error ,was starting with the wrong color, and not even noticing -- I had the entire strip made before noticing .And tearing out a double strand,then untangling that mess is something my limited patience-tolerance -volcano-explosive-level just cannot currently handle .

Hence , my defective flannelghan .

I still like him though .

Argh! I was halfway through my last strip when I realized that I started with a solid block instead of a variegated block like I was supposed to. At least I realized early and only have to :frog back one block. Hopefully I won't do that again! :sigh

You don't have to make the strips in any particular order. As long as you have the correct number of them.

the blues looks great with your furniture!

You don't have to make the strips in any particular order. As long as you have the correct number of them.

the blues looks great with your furniture!

The way I made the strip would have put two solid colors and two variegated colors together. I started the first strip with solid blue and the second strip with solid white in lieu of the variegated then the solid white. It just wasn't going to work. No worrires though. I have it all figured out (for the time being anyway).

Judy - Yes, mindless causes me problems, too. :yes

Julie - I'm glad I noticed early so I could fix just the one square. I probably wouldn't have wanted to frog an entire strip either. Thankfully it was just the one block.

Couldn't you have used it for another strip? Or were you joining as you crocheted it?

The way I made the strip would have put two solid colors and two variegated colors together. I started the first strip with solid blue and the second strip with solid white in lieu of the variegated then the solid white. It just wasn't going to work. No worrires though. I have it all figured out (for the time being anyway).

Oh I see, guess I should read before I speak!

Glad you caught it early, Nicole. I've been know to do that, too.

My gauge is slightly different for this yarn as compared to the last one. I'm glad I checked it early in the first block. I only had to frog two rows. Thank goodness.

See you all later.

My goodness…………. Has it been crazy around here… just with the boys and sports.. but then add dumb family drama… and it will drain a person!

Debbie… your green and black flannel’ghan is outstanding!!! Great job!!!

OmGoodness Linda……….. that came out beautiful!! WOW!!!

:yay…. Nicole……….. look at you! That’s coming out great!

I’ll be starting another Flannel’ghan here in the next week or so… All three of my younger boys want one in their favorite color. J I’ll make them big enough to cover their beds!

:heart

:mug

I'm working on my dragon quilt ghan today. It's feeling very neglected after working on the flannelghan for two straight weeks. :lol

I'm working on my dragon quilt ghan today. It's feeling very neglected after working on the flannelghan for two straight weeks. :lol

:tup

Hello Everyone,

I am really new to all of this including crochet. I just started in Oct when my last baby went off to college and my sister and I were walking thru Hobby Lobby and stopped to play with all the beautiful yarn.

But first I have to thank Tammy and RoseRed. I sent a pm to Tammy to ask about the amount of yarn needed to make this and she was so nice and helpful. Also RoseRed what unique and wonderful Afghan you designed. I was blown away by all the pictures and just had to make one. So thank you very much to both you ladies.

I did start mine during the winter games but I knew I would never get it finished in time. I now have 4 pieces done and am starting on the 5th. It is in green and gold for my hubby's high school colors. He never got to go to college so his high school is important to him. These also happen to be my son's college colors (Baylor University) so once I get it finished I am not sure who will actually end up with it.

Sorry for the wordy post. I really wanted to thank all of you for inspiring me all along without y'all really knowing it.

Thanks,

Leisa

Thanks Judy,

Doing this flannelghan has been a great teacher. I have learned so much while working on it. I wish I had done it as my very first project. And soon I will be learning how to join if I ever get to that part.

I also looked at your link to animal rescue and am going to get my girls those I love my dog jammies. I think they miss their dogs while off at college more than me.

Leisa

Leisa, thanks for checking out the link! That's great you're getting something from the site.:clap

...and remember, if you have any problems or quetions we'll all be tripping over each other to help. We were all newbies once upon a time, too.

Good for you Leisa !!!

Green and gold sound pretty together ! And I like how your name is spelled, that is also pretty .

Welcome to the world of Crochet-- you'll never leave it now .

Kinda like the Lost Boys in Neverland ..

Hello Everyone,

I am really new to all of this including crochet. I just started in Oct when my last baby went off to college and my sister and I were walking thru Hobby Lobby and stopped to play with all the beautiful yarn.

But first I have to thank Tammy and RoseRed. I sent a pm to Tammy to ask about the amount of yarn needed to make this and she was so nice and helpful. Also RoseRed what unique and wonderful Afghan you designed. I was blown away by all the pictures and just had to make one. So thank you very much to both you ladies.

I did start mine during the winter games but I knew I would never get it finished in time. I now have 4 pieces done and am starting on the 5th. It is in green and gold for my hubby's high school colors. He never got to go to college so his high school is important to him. These also happen to be my son's college colors (Baylor University) so once I get it finished I am not sure who will actually end up with it.

Sorry for the wordy post. I really wanted to thank all of you for inspiring me all along without y'all really knowing it.

Thanks,

Leisa

Hi, Leisa. :hi Welcome to Crochetville! :welcomeAs the others have said, don't be afraid to ask for help, we'll all do our best to help you out. This is indeed a great pattern and an excellent one to learn on.

Archived