Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Bernat SuperValue. I use it for afghans a lot. It's a very think worsted weight, but it's soft and handles well. In all the skeins I've bought, I only come across knots every now and again, rarely more then once in a skein and generally that's towards the end of the skein if I am lazy and haven't wound into a ball yet! So, really those knots are my fault. The color selection is good and it's easy to match the ombres and solids.

I'm starting in on stripes 3 and 4 tonight. Perhaps, I'll take a picture with my camera phone at work and post it. It'll be blurry, but I can't find the connector cable for my digital camera so it'll have to do for a bit.

Okay, the promised started rows of the afghan. This is the first 5 of I think 12 rows.

photo#5091617755445291042photo#5091617755445291042g68g680016be4b

hopefully that's not too large!!

Thanks!! I love how nice and easy this is to work up, but looks like it's more complex. I'll post more pictures when I get everything put together.

where's the pic?

I haven't been online a whole lot lately! I've been running around like a mad woman, but everything is ready and in place for the wedding! YAY!!!

I'll never get the shawl finished in time but I will always have it because this is why I'm making it. I'll have it blessed when it's finihsed.

I'm back from our trip and can't wait to get back to the flannelghan tonight after my wife leaves for work - it's a secret, remember?

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Michele, the shawl is fantastic.

Welcome to the new new members of this CAL. This is a great project!

Here is a look at the Blue/Linen ghan. This one is for my husband, he's been bugging me for something for his truck. I'm using an N hook and the panels are just over 6". I figure I will need about 13 of them.

BlueTanflannelghan62707.jpg

I love Bernat SuperValue. I use it for afghans a lot. It's a very think worsted weight, but it's soft and handles well. In all the skeins I've bought, I only come across knots every now and again, rarely more then once in a skein and generally that's towards the end of the skein if I am lazy and haven't wound into a ball yet! So, really those knots are my fault. The color selection is good and it's easy to match the ombres and solids.

Thanks for the feedback! I haven't tried working with it yet, so was wondering. :)

Wow! Love the pictures that were posted while I was away this week. I can't wait to finish up my FIL's. Maybe this weekend... Depends on how motivated I am... right now I'm not very motivated to do much :P

I second what Darski said!! (I'm just too tired to do it pretty!)

On the flannelghan note, I did manage to get the 5th strip done tonight. I'll join it when I get home. I'll be in Homestead, FL tomorrow through Wed. Maybe I'll get a chance to stick my toes in the water, I miss the beach.......

Have a good week all and Rose, have a very special and very happy day!! I'll be thinking of you! :hug

I started the pink and white one a week or more ago - but am totally focusing on a graph ghan for DS right now, so all else has been put to the side:hook

I've got all but one of the strips done and have joined 6 of them. I'm quite happy with the way it is turning out. It has been so hot here I gave up on the joining after 6. It was just too hot to sit with an afghan in your lap.

I'm still crocheting, but working on my MAM and little squares for my Kitty Quilt.

I'm still around...I keep having to put off the yarn purchase. :( But I'm working on a baby hearts 'ghan, dishcloths when I need a break from the 'ghan, and a cross stitch picture. :) I'm almost to the point where I will *have* to order yarn, as I can't find the RH baby yarn I'm using (pompadour) locoally. :(

I understand about putting off the yarn purchase thing. I'm going to have to wait several more weeks before picking up the yarn for my MIL. I just hope I can pick it up to get it done in time. I've been almost unproductive crochet-wise the last two weeks, mostly just fiddling around with a couple of dishcloths for my mom... there are so many things I should be doing.... :sigh

Hey?? Where is everyone?? I've been out of town, but plan on joining my strips tomorrow and Saturday...

I'm still here. I was out of town, too - my dear wife and I went to the San Francisco area for a week. It was our 25th wedding anniversary. Had a great time and brought back lots of memories :manyheart

I'm still working on my flannelghan for my wife's birthday this month. I've got 5 rows completed - just 2 more and it should be the correct width. Then - whip stitch it together and decide on a border.

Now that I know a little more about this technique, I want to try one with a stitch other than double crochet, maybe even a textured pattern. :hook

Thanx for the congrats!

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL! The honeymoon was exhausting! I think it's Saturday now. 1 more week and I should have my pictures back!

I didn't get the shawl finished - there was just too much to do. I have a couple more rounds to go on a doily for jimbo and then I can start whatever project I want to do next. I have no idea what that's going to be.

The ghans all look so pretty! I can't wait to see them fnihsed!

i had to put mine down too i am on strip 4 and about half way through it but it has just been too hot even with the air on it was getting too warm. So once it starts getting cooler I will finish this one I really love the pattern I have a few more I wnat to make this winter too as presents.

Archived