Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

Hi everyone! :) Sorry i have been absent most of the summer. This summer has been so busy and i can't believe it's almost time for the kids to start back to school already! First i wanna say i love everyone's afghans!!! I just love this pattern. I have made two in the past and have started my third. You all have chosen very pretty colors, i don't think you can go wrong with this pattern no matter what the colors.

Addey....as an AVID OU fan :D i have to know what colors you used and brand..i gotta, gotta GOTTA make one next. I was suppose to make an OSU (orange and black) one next yuck! :) for good friends of ours, but the OU one comes next :D

Ok here is a little picture of the one i started. The colors are RH Amethyst and Black. It is turining out very pretty.

th_IMG_0317.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone! :) Sorry i have been absent most of the summer. This summer has been so busy and i can't believe it's almost time for the kids to start back to school already! First i wanna say i love everyone's afghans!!! I just love this pattern. I have made two in the past and have started my third. You all have chosen very pretty colors, i don't think you can go wrong with this pattern no matter what the colors.

Addey....as an AVID OU fan :D i have to know what colors you used and brand..i gotta, gotta GOTTA make one next. I was suppose to make an OSU (orange and black) one next yuck! :) for good friends of ours, but the OU one comes next :D

Ok here is a little picture of the one i started. The colors are RH Amethyst and Black. It is turining out very pretty.

th_IMG_0317.jpg

Very pretty!! I can't wait to see the finished one!

I used Caron pounders in Clarret and Cream. I'm planning on making a 'small' O and U in clarret and edged in cream for the bottom corner square if I have enough yarn left over after the edging. This one is for my FIL. I'm going to use pink and purple for my MIL (she asked for the colors...).

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm really enjoying this pattern for the second one, can't wait to do the third.

th_IMG_0317.jpg

I love this one. the colours really work the pattern well.

I love this afghan and bought yarn for 2 of them i started a black and cream for my husband, but for me I got and super soft light green and white from joanns, I am trying to crochet as fast as I can on the black and cream one so I can start mine!!! Hopefully I will learn to post pics by the time I'm done.

Hi there - it's great to have you margsuz! You don't have to wait until they're finished to post pics. If we can help you out we will.

It's awesome that you're going to make 2 back to back.

RoseRed - THANK YOU for posting picture links in the first posts. I've been going back again (and again!) to gush over them. I can't wait for when I can start this afghan - not until late August!

~ Joy

had an

Now you guys can finally see the shawl I'm working on for my wedding! I'm halfway done with mine in size 10 thread and a #5 hook in white white.

Kathy is just amazing!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56572

I had an idea when I saw that in S & T that it might be the one you were making. it will be lovely for your big day... which is getting very, very close :hug

I just spent the last 2 hours (count them 2 TWO HOURS) playing with my hair!

It's up in a beautiful french twist. Now to go accessory shopping! UGH - Thank God this is a simple wedding!

I love both the red & white one and the amethyst & black one!! My son's school colors are red & white, so I think I need to "whip up" a couple of these as stadium blankets if he joins football again!!

Thanks! These would really make great stadium blankets, especially where I'm at. They're really nice and warm. Those October and November Friday nights sure can get cold up here...

I just spent the last 2 hours (count them 2 TWO HOURS) playing with my hair!

It's up in a beautiful french twist. Now to go accessory shopping! UGH - Thank God this is a simple wedding!

Ugh! 2 hours! Simple weddings are the best. (Mine was a picnic with a wedding attached...) I really love that pattern you're using from Kathy. It will be very pretty!!

Still here, just haven't gotten around to getting the yarn yet. It's a pretty long trip to where the yarn is that I'm thinking of.....hmmm must be time for a road trip soon though!!

Everyones blankets are just awesome. Can't wait to get started....well when i get the yarn.......:D

sorry I haven't been around for a while. I stopped everything else to Read Harry Potter! Now that I have it done I can get back to business as usual. I have my 4th strip started I think I am 2 color blocks into it. I really can't wait to get this done I want to join and and lay under it test it out. Then ship it to my mom along with the rest of the stuff I have packed then pick out my new colors

I was at WM today and they are getting the most delicious colours of yarn in there. oooooo I have to go back every week and get all browns then all those woderful greens and , and and... :rofl

I need to try a sl st join because I love making these things.

RoseRed, that shawl is amazing! I am always in awe of people who can do thread crochet. For some reason, I never took to it, but I love the projects!!

I'm jumping in on this CAL. I have been planning one of these for a holiday gift for a friend and her yarn came in the mail the other day. I am using Bernat SuperValue in Lilac and Natural for the ghan. I'll be starting up tonight while I'm at work!!

RoseRed, that shawl is amazing! I am always in awe of people who can do thread crochet. For some reason, I never took to it, but I love the projects!!

I'm jumping in on this CAL. I have been planning one of these for a holiday gift for a friend and her yarn came in the mail the other day. I am using Bernat SuperValue in Lilac and Natural for the ghan. I'll be starting up tonight while I'm at work!!

Ooooo those colours will be wonderful... giddy on up there so you can take pics soon.

I don't think I can get going faster then I already am. I have one small stripe done. I'm making it a lapghan, so it's smaller then most.

Perhaps I'll get it done over this week.

oooOOOooo Can't wait to see! How is that Bernat Super Value? I'm thinking of ordering it in Damson and light antique rose for my MIL. I haven't used it before.

I don't think I can get going faster then I already am. I have one small stripe done. I'm making it a lapghan, so it's smaller then most.

Perhaps I'll get it done over this week.

Yeah, I am kinda pushy on the picture thingy... I should probably come with a warning label. :rofl

I am looking forward to pics though and I will take pics of 5 stitches it that is all you have. :hug

Foto Friday is coming soon.

I should have my strips together by then (using the sl st method) That sewing put me completely off working on it at all.

I will also show a pick of my "Disaster in Pink and White" :gallery Picasso, eat your heart out!

Archived