Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are a Christian, it might be time to start asking God to set you up to do your work without the travelling. If not... I don't know any answers for that one :wlol

:lol I pray all the time for answers to this one. The only answer I've ever gotten in my heart is "patience". Well, my patience is running out... but I have faith something will happen to set me on the right path, or keep me sane on this one.

Very pretty there Darski!! I really like the color combo, but then again, I'm a blue fan as well. Everyone's sounds really neat and I can't wait to see them all. I love how the colors all look worked together like this. Very cool.

I have almost 2 strips done of my 5x5 gahn for FIL. My squares are just about 10" each direction giving me 50x50 before a border. I am going to need another crimson pounder, and possibly another cream. I probably won't use much out of the cream, but that's ok. If I have any leftovers, I think I'm going to try and make an OU aplique for the middle of it in cream, edged in crimson. Wish me luck, I don't have a pattern. I also have to decide what I'm going to do about the edging. I may do what I did last time, but I think I want a bigger one to add a little size.

I'll probably get the second strip and hopefully all of the third done tomorrow on my flight home. I'm exhausted and have to be up at 4am local time for my 6am flight. I will be very glad to spend next week at home. This travel has put even more strain on DH than it has on me....

Saturday I'll try and post a pic. I get home around 6pm tomorrow, but I'll probably be too tired to think, let alone operate my camera :lol

OK... I'm rambling, so it is time for me to put the keyboard down. Good night all.

Thank you addey. I can't wait to see yours in the crimson and cream. it should be so pretty.

Which school is OU I could think of 2 it might be just off hand :wlol

I know you will be able to manage an appliqué of the logo as you are very good at that sort of thing.

I'm praying for you girl!

Darski, the blues are beautiful!

Addey - I hope you enjoy your week at home. Take care of you and pamper yourself. Long, hot bubble baths, herbal teas, good rambunctious alone time with dear hubby and lots of R&R.

Girls - come on - how about some pics of your progress!!!

I'm still trudging away on my wedding shawl. I decided that the #3 thread was just too big for filet hearts and the gauge would've been too big for my taste.

so- I put it down and switched to #10 thread. It's coming along slowly but beautifully.

I'm still trudging away on my wedding shawl. I decided that the #3 thread was just too big for filet hearts and the gauge would've been too big for my taste.

so- I put it down and switched to #10 thread. It's coming along slowly but beautifully.

I was going to ask how the shawl was going but i didn't want to add any pressure at wedding time. Thanks for letting us know how it is going.

I will try to get a few pics of my 3 completed strips by each other once the DH comes home. It might not be till tomorrow since I am trying to find a baby sitter so I can go and see Harry Potter. But I will definatly get them up some time over the weekend. I have my 4th strip started I feel like I am really moving on this I love it.

And Darski I LOVE LOVE LOVE your gahn the blues are beautiful (my favorite color) Hopefully I will get this done quick. *crosses fingers*

OMG!

I just stumbled on this CAL - I have to say to you folks doing these Lumberjack Flannelghan's that they are absolutely GORGEOUS! WOW! My sister just requested I make her a "lapghan" in her new motorhome colors and I am going to show her this thread!

I will be joining the CAL soon!

Hi Judy! Looks like lots of the COF bunch is here! :rofl

I totally understand leaving me out of the loop on this one. You all wanted to keep this technique all to yourselves. I see how it is.

:rofl

Hi Judy! Looks like lots of the COF bunch is here! :rofl

I totally understand leaving me out of the loop on this one. You all wanted to keep this technique all to yourselves. I see how it is.

:rofl

curses, foiled again :wlol

Darksi...I love yours!!! It's sooo pretty!! What are the colors? Blue and blue? :D

I have to put a border on mine...I'm thinking a simple sc row of purple, a sc row of variegated, and then 2 sc rows of purple. But here it is right now...

unfinishedflannel-ghan.jpg

One of my kitties (Stubby) checking it out! :lol

MeditatingOrionincompleteflannel-gh.jpg

My son "meditating"…:lol

In the bright light it looks blue...lol It's RHSS "amethyst" and "soft white". I'll work on the border Monday (going on night shift the next 3 nights!) and post when I'm done!!

Darksi...I love yours!!! It's sooo pretty!! What are the colors? Blue and blue? :D

I have to put a border on mine...I'm thinking a simple sc row of purple, a sc row of variegated, and then 2 sc rows of purple. But here it is right now...

unfinishedflannel-ghan.jpg

One of my kitties (Stubby) checking it out! :lol

In the bright light it looks blue...lol It's RHSS "amethyst" and "soft white". I'll work on the border Monday (going on night shift the next 3 nights!) and post when I'm done!!

I can just see hints of the amethyst in the corners. It is really sharp looking.

I want to make more of these. they go so quickly and look good too.

I really like the blue and black Darski. That is such a pretty blue.

Rose, can you put me down for another one. I promised my DH a Blue/Tan one for his truck. He's been bugging me. I'm going over Sunday to A C Moore for yarn. (They are having a Moonlight Madness Sale.) As soon as I get another block done for my Kitty Quilt I'm gong to get started on the Blue/Tan.:)

Heather, love the ghan. That amethyst is such a pretty color. I'm starting to think you can join almost any two colors together for this and make it work. :D

Actually, I don't put anybody down anywhere. Way too much to keep track of.

I just love to put all the finished ghans in the Hall of Fame so that anyone coming to this thread for the first time can be inspired!

come on ladies - let's see some progress pics!

I really like the blue and black Darski. That is such a pretty blue.

Rose, can you put me down for another one. I promised my DH a Blue/Tan one for his truck. He's been bugging me. I'm going over Sunday to A C Moore for yarn. (They are having a Moonlight Madness Sale.) As soon as I get another block done for my Kitty Quilt I'm gong to get started on the Blue/Tan.:)

Mine is actually Navy and light blue. I know pics don't always show well.

I am looking forward to seeing yours started as I think that blue and tan are great together. (always makes me think of Troop Beverly Hills.)

Thank you addey. I can't wait to see yours in the crimson and cream. it should be so pretty.

Which school is OU I could think of 2 it might be just off hand :wlol

I know you will be able to manage an appliqué of the logo as you are very good at that sort of thing.

I'm praying for you girl!

University of Oklahoma. Basically, I just have to come up with an overlaping O and U in 'college' font and edge them. Should be fun.

Thanks for the prayers, I'll take all the help I can get!

Archived