Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys rock. Here this is supposed to be a discussion about doing a blanket and I've usurped the thread again.... but you don't care.

I would cancel the trip, but my Dr. said it would be OK to go and I don't have enough to do at the office itself to keep me busy and my mind off my body. I need this trip, but DH sure as anything doesn't. gah! I'm so confused and my head is spinning right now.... I'm just glad I've got you guys around, every little hug helps.

If anyone asks today why it's cold and wet and rainy, I will tell them it's because I'm sending some really warm hugs your way. Keep us posted, we're all thinking about you and praying for you!!!!

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

(It's not just a CAL thread...it's a HUGE friendship thread!!!!)

You guys rock. Here this is supposed to be a discussion about doing a blanket and I've usurped the thread again.... but you don't care.

I would cancel the trip, but my Dr. said it would be OK to go and I don't have enough to do at the office itself to keep me busy and my mind off my body. I need this trip, but DH sure as anything doesn't. gah! I'm so confused and my head is spinning right now.... I'm just glad I've got you guys around, every little hug helps.

I was following a link to a pattern here at the ville and decided to take a peek here to see what y'all are up to.

Addey, I am so happy that you are expecting and I am praying as hard as I can that all will work out well for you, hubby and the little one.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

May God hold you very close.

Addy I am new and don't know you but I want to offer you my best wishes that things go okay for you, I have been in your spot, and although it was many years ago, I remember the roller coaster of emotions, it's not an easy thing. I hope I am not being to bold in suggesting you ask your Dr. for an ultrasound. I started spotting and wasn't given an ultrasound for quite some time, looking back it would have given the Dr. and myself a lot more answers.

I wish you the best and Canadian hugs :hug

Okay even though I am very late I am going to try this ghan, just a few questions? is it possible to use a smaller hook? for some reason I have a heck of a time using the large hooks.

Also, does anyone have an idea how many skeins of yarn I would need? where I live I don't have access to all the great yarns you do..our pounds of yarn are really cheap and scratchy so I will probably use patons 50 gram skeins.

I am going to do it as a christmas afghan in green and red..wish me luck :cheer

Okay even though I am very late I am going to try this ghan, just a few questions? is it possible to use a smaller hook? for some reason I have a heck of a time using the large hooks.

Also, does anyone have an idea how many skeins of yarn I would need? where I live I don't have access to all the great yarns you do..our pounds of yarn are really cheap and scratchy so I will probably use patons 50 gram skeins.

I am going to do it as a christmas afghan in green and red..wish me luck :cheer

Welcome to this CAL - I joined late, too. I think it was July (the CAL started in January!). The afghan is very quick and easy - you'll love the look.

I used a P hook (11.5 mm) for mine, but if I do another one, I'll use an M or N (9.0 mm or 10.0 mm) for a tighter look. I think if you intend to go much smaller, you should use the sport or baby weight yarns. Just my opinion, though. If you used tc instead of dc you might get away with a smaller hook size. Just thought of that. :yes Try a test swatch to see.

thank-you CD, I am heading to Michaels shortly, trying to figure out how to get more wool in the house without my husband knowing O.O lol

My wife hasn't complained (YET!) about all the yarn in the "other" room, so I try to keep my stash at least to things I have in mind - not just buying yarn without a project in mind. Although I've done that, too. :hook

for the longest time I had my husband believing/thinking Michaels was a groocery store lol

he doesn't mind but he sure likes to tease me about it. Acutally he has ran up to Michaels to buy yarn for me when I have run out, he knows enough about it now.:yarn

Darski - I've missed you, too.

Did you see that I finally finished the flannelghan for my wife? You MADE me get in on this, you know. :yes

I saw your pictures and I love it. That really is a pretty one with those beautiful shades together. I am guessing she loved it too.

.. and I like the border you used.:hug

I saw your pictures and I love it. That really is a pretty one with those beautiful shades together. I am guessing she loved it too.

.. and I like the border you used.:hug

Yes, she loved it.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Are you back? Please say "Yes!"

Did you guys see my first EVER designed filet piece? It's on a 16x20 frame. I made it for my mil's bday.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=919584&posted=1#post919584

That is a good design... Way to go girl!!! My mind doesn't seem to compute for filet but I love the look.

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Addy I am new and don't know you but I want to offer you my best wishes that things go okay for you, I have been in your spot, and although it was many years ago, I remember the roller coaster of emotions, it's not an easy thing. I hope I am not being to bold in suggesting you ask your Dr. for an ultrasound. I started spotting and wasn't given an ultrasound for quite some time, looking back it would have given the Dr. and myself a lot more answers.

I wish you the best and Canadian hugs :hug

I'll take all the :hug I can get. The thing is, there was an ultrasound, but it was fairly inconclusive. I'm about 99% sure I've lost the baby though; I've only just stopped bleeding, and some of it was nasty, and I don't feel pregnant anymore if that makes sense. Everything will be confirmed one way or the other tomorrow with a second ultrasound.

BTW, welcome to the CAL! :):hug

Very cool Rose!

Hi Darski, good to see you around again!

I really need to get FIL's blanket joined. I know we decided to give it to him for Christmas instead of his B-day (mostly so we can give them both their blankets at the same time...) but....

Addey, years ago a very close friend had that happen...bleeding...then nothing...and she didn't "feel" pregnant. She, too, lost the baby -but had 2 very healthy ones after that.

Sad to say, I believe your instincts are right:( ...It's not easy...I'm sorry if you have lost the baby...:hug :hug :hug :hug

I know the exact feeling, I knew something was wrong before I even spotted, my husband and I were out buying a tree for our new house ( 1988 never will forget it) and something told me something was wrong, no pain, just a feeling. I am so very sorry that things have taken this turn..and there is nothing I can say to make you feel better, I wish there were. I am glad you had an ultrasound and will have another. My experience was different so I won't go into huge details, but I was told I probably would never have kids, and I now have a beautiful 17 year old daughter. Let your body, heart and soul heal, and allow yourself to feel all the emotions you need to feel.

There are no rules, no time limits, let no one tell you there are, and remember no emotion lasts forever, the good or the bad, and you will get through whatever you need to get through, take it one wave of emtotion at a time, ride that wave through and soon your heart will allow in new waves of more happy emotions and thoughts.

The best advice I can give is allow yourself to feel bad, there are no shortcuts..

If you would like to pm me to "talk" please do so I am here

I will be thinking of you and holding postive thoughts in my heart. :hug

I'll take all the :hug I can get. The thing is, there was an ultrasound, but it was fairly inconclusive. I'm about 99% sure I've lost the baby though; I've only just stopped bleeding, and some of it was nasty, and I don't feel pregnant anymore if that makes sense. Everything will be confirmed one way or the other tomorrow with a second ultrasound.

BTW, welcome to the CAL! :):hug

Archived