Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

I am messing around with the flannigan, I just can not use the big hook, hurts my hand and I am all thumbs, so I switched to a 7 and am trying to get the size of the blocks correct. I am very happy with the tension etc..I will post a pic of my first strip as soon as I figure out what I am doing.:think

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! a 7? I Thought about using a K, but a 7 is between a G and H right? I wouldn't have thoguht 2 strands WW would work with that small a hook. Unless you're using some thinner yarn as well.

I've really got to get off my butt and get the crimson and cream one joined. Just so I can get another project checked off my to-do list.

the 7 is working great for me but our sizes are different in Canada so I have no idea what it would be American. I am using Bernat worsted weight yarn, two strands

I may have to do the afghan 9 long by 7 wide though as it's smaller, so far I love it, and will post a pic soon.

here is my first strip and a bit, I love it, it's a Christmas afghan but I went with burgundy instead of a bright red, the 7 hook makes it nice and thick and cuddly but not stiff..

I was mistaken it's not bernet, its patons decor in burgundy and rich sage green. It is going to cost me a fortune but I sure love it..I wish the pics showed the richness of the colours better.

tmpphpNpHBGI.jpg

tmpphpc1nBCI.jpg

No news here. My appointment is 11:30 tomorrow morning. (Sorry, long weekends throw off my calendar, as well as all this travel...)

I appreciate the thoughts.

:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

I'm with you in spirit and prayer.

thanks so much Morrigan, I hope you start another one, I feel kind of lonely here lol what colours are you planning?

Don't feel too lonely...I've been lurking here after barely beginning my ghan a couple of months ago. By next week I should be starting up on it again - and able to post pictures, hopefully, of some progress!!

Hi Juddianne, I think I remember you from when I first joined, you were very helpful to me with my RR..

I hope you join in, I think I will have this finished in the next few days, but am planning on ordering some Caron and starting another one to keep, right away :)

Don't feel too lonely...I've been lurking here after barely beginning my ghan a couple of months ago. By next week I should be starting up on it again - and able to post pictures, hopefully, of some progress!!

here is my first strip and a bit, I love it, it's a Christmas afghan but I went with burgundy instead of a bright red,

tmpphpNpHBGI.jpg

This is looking very pretty. With these more subtle colours, you could leave this out all year long and it wouldn't scream Christmas but will fit right in at Christmas time.

I am enjoying these subtle variations as much as the first generation versions. Crochet is never boring!!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Looking good Uboo! I'm not normally one for Christmas things, but that's looking great. I like the fact you're using more toned-down colors than the obnoxiously bright red and green we so often see.

As far as my news, I did loose the baby. I'm really not surprised by this after the week I had last week. The doctor says everything is looking good and that as soon as we want to after the hormones go back to zero we can start trying again. So, I've got bloodwork scheduled again for Monday morning, because by then my body should have been 'reset'. I spent a good part of last week coming to terms with this, as did my husband. While we're not happy with how things turned out, we're OK with it. I'm healthy. We know we can get pregnant. It is now just a matter of time... and a little luck. I have talked with my boss and we are going to try and see what we can do about all this travel. I was beginning to feel like I'd hit the burn-out wall with all of this, but now I really have.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, I reall, truly, appreciate them. :manyheart I know I've got a lot of friends here I can allways count on.

Ok... now back to your regularly scheduled CAL! :)

Addey...you and your husband are very wise. You will think about and grieve over this one who for some reason, was not meant to be, but you know you CAN conceive, which many have a problem with.

May you both be blessed...in all ways.:hug

....and PS...I love the Victorian style of Christmas decorating...classy and not garish!

As far as my news, I did lose the baby. I'm really not surprised by this after the week I had last week. The doctor says everything is looking good and that as soon as we want to after the hormones go back to zero we can start trying again. So, I've got bloodwork scheduled again for Monday morning, because by then my body should have been 'reset'. I spent a good part of last week coming to terms with this, as did my husband. While we're not happy with how things turned out, we're OK with it. I'm healthy. We know we can get pregnant. It is now just a matter of time... and a little luck. I have talked with my boss and we are going to try and see what we can do about all this travel. I was beginning to feel like I'd hit the burn-out wall with all of this, but now I really have.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, I reall, truly, appreciate them. :manyheart I know I've got a lot of friends here I can allways count on.

Ok... now back to your regularly scheduled CAL! :)

Love you dearly little one. You are one of my really special people here at the Ville and I am sorry you have to deal with this.

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

give Scout an extra hug from me...for you

This is looking very pretty. With these more subtle colours, you could leave this out all year long and it wouldn't scream Christmas but will fit right in at Christmas time.

I am enjoying these subtle variations as much as the first generation versions. Crochet is never boring!!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

thank you Darsky et al, I am so happy with the colours, and you are right it will work all year long. I just started my third strip, and I didn't even mind the sewing together, except I drove myself nuts making sure every stitch was lined up perfect.:P

thank you Darsky et al, I am so happy with the colours, and you are right it will work all year long. I just started my third strip, and I didn't even mind the sewing together, except I drove myself nuts making sure every stitch was lined up perfect.:P

Try loosely tying the corners, where each color change occurs, then it'll be lined up correctly and be easier for you.

Love you dearly little one. You are one of my really special people here at the Ville and I am sorry you have to deal with this.

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

give Scout an extra hug from me...for you

Thanks everyone and Scout waves hi and has missed you. (For those who don't know.... Scout is one of our teddy bears who share our lives. You can see her on the doll clothes CAL sporting some new clothes.)

Addey - I am very sorry for your loss. :hug :hug :hug I cannot imagine how you must be feeling, so I will just pass along some :hug

Uboo - I will be doing 2,using Bernat Super Value. :) One will be silver and deep sea green, the other will be black and medium navy. Both are Christmas gifts. :) And don't worry about being alone for too long...I have a lofty goal of around 20 to make for Christmas next year!!

I think I forgot to post the final picture of my ghan when it was finished. I kept it very simple and did not add too much in the border because it just didn't seem to need more. This will be spending its life in a truck sleeper so this seemed to be good to go...

lumber1-1.jpg

I really liked this (blue) one but the pink and white one is just awful and should not be seen in public.

Does anyone have an explanation of why a smaller, pink and white version just didn't work? I know "Darski did it" could explain much of the problem. I was thinking that the pink is too pale with the white but the lovely ghans we are seeing here with subtle colours would seem to say that strong contrast is not what is needed... :sigh

I did get this pic of it not yet completed...

pink1.jpg

It looked worse when it was finished. I figured it would do to put on a floor for a baby... who doesn't know any better :rofl (Let's hope that baby doesn't grow up to crochet that awful scarf. Is it possible that early exposer to ugly crochet caused that.... hmmmnn :think )

Archived