Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

Oh Addey!

crystalhugsRR.gif

I second this motion!!!! (Must be the day...I just found out the $300 transmission solenoid repair will only take care of part of the problem...the solenoid. The transmission itself needs to be rebuilt all because my DH & I didn't want to borrow $$ from my Dad to get it fixed sooner....)

Shush, Heather....this is the flannel-ghan thread.... ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have to say, I'm glad it's not just me. I'm having to stay with my Gran for the next two weeks and commute back and forth to work. She had to give me money for gas, 'cause it's so blasted expensive. I live a block away from work, so I can just walk to and from work, usually. This commuting thing is for the birds!

And, since this is a flannelghan thread, my progress has halted because I've run out of yarn and nobody in this county and the surrounding 5 counties has the RHSS dark plum. Ugh. I suppose I'm going to have to look online and pay a fortune for shipping....

Anyway, I may take a pic of what I've done already, just so you can see. It's huge!

:clap My first flannelghan is done!!! :cheer

FuzzyHelping.jpg

This is why it took so long...my Fuzzy-kitty likes to "help" by ensuring I take a break! :lol

Finishedpurpleflannelghan1.jpg

Finishedpurpleflannelghanedging1.jpg

For some reason, I had a hard time getting it all in one picture. I'll possibly try again tomorrow.

Great work, Heather!!:yay Don't you just love it when you have a "helper"!?

And is that a smile of relief on your face?:D

I had a very hard time getting my oversized baby ghan in one picture, too - DH had to take a pick of me holding it up for best effect!

Heather, your ghan is great. :cheer Your Fuzzy Kitty and my Fidget have the same idea. He flops across my arms too, when he thinks I'm not paying enough attention to him. The good thing is, he is named Fidget for a reason. He hops up, vists for 5 or 10 minutes and hops down again.

I just love the scallop border!

I'll lay it out on the floor and stand on a kitchen chair to get the most of them in the pic. Either that or lay it across the couch.

Let me know which pic you want me to put in the hall of fame!

Very pretty Heather!!

I got strip #4 done last night and started fiddling with the O and U for the apliques. I think I've got them down, but it'll depend on how much yarn I have left after the border.

I even took a picture of the strips so far.

I went to upload them and post, but low and behold, my internet is acting up. I tried rebooting the computer three times (kept getting a message that there was 'slow or no connection'. I figured it might be my computer not seeing my network card, since other computers I've had have had that issue. Nope. There were the right lights on the network card, and the router, and the modem looked OK too. Well, DH spent about 20 minutes with Verizon this morning and they came to the conclusion that our brand-new router was the issue. (We'd just replaced it a month ago...) At that point, he had a connection if he plugged right into the modem. Well, another 20 agrivating minutes with the @#$@$@ on the line from our router company and no luck. (English wasn't her first language, she was obviously reading a script and probalby wasn't being paid enough to try and think her way out of a box....) She kept telling us to 'unplug the router and hit the reset button'. If there's a reset button, I'm a monkey's uncle! Both of us searched for 5 minutes for the fool thing, and the router's only 4x4x2" or there about.

Anyhow, I left for work, let DH call back to Verizon (the Internet light on the modem is now out...) and hopefully he'll be able to get this resolved without yelling at anyone. He always feels so bad for that....

Anyhow, I've turned my update into yet another rant... sorry. I'd post the picture I took last night, but my laptop and camera don't play nice either. (Yes, it's quickly becoming one of those weeks....)

:clap My first flannelghan is done!!! :cheer

This is why it took so long...my Fuzzy-kitty likes to "help" by ensuring I take a break! :lol

For some reason, I had a hard time getting it all in one picture. I'll possibly try again tomorrow.

Great looking flannelghan, Heather.

I love my cats (3 indoor/outdoor, 1 outdoor only), but I don't allow them on my uncompleted projects. Am I mean?

Thank you everyone!! :):) It feels so good to have it done!!

Rose - the one of just the afghan would be best. :)

Addey - ooo I hope your DH gets it figured out!! I got lucky, I just bought a laptop and a wireless router to connect to my desktop, and when it wouldn't connect I was able to get a nice gentleman who walked me through it.

And Gene, you're not mean at all!! I treat my critters better than my kid sometimes! LOL

Well, the good news is we have our Internet back. The bad news is, after tonight, I've got to put the 'ghan on hold until next weekend. I was hoping to finish it up by today, but that just didn't happen.

I've started my 5th strip and after that I've got to join. We're helping a friend move this weekend hmm... maybe I'll be able to take it with me for Sat night... hmmm.... and then Wednesday I head to Utah until Friday. Joining these strips isn't something I'll be able to do on the plane, I need a little too much elbow room.

So, instead I'll be starting a round ripple in bright rainbow colors for my cousin who's expecting his first baby (boy) in September.

I just realized that I started strip 4 with two strands of lavender instead of lavender/green. (That darn Tour de France the other day really fouled me up.) I'm on what would have been the 7th block, so I'll try to add the lavender/green to the beginning and hope it doesn't show too much.

I'll be started the 5th strip then, and how ever far I get, that will also be it for me until next weekend, since we'll be on the road together.

Oh well, I'll be working on other projects while in the passenger seat :hook

I've got plenty of smaller projects to keep me busy.

Heather you're in the hall of fame! I couldn't split the pics up. If you want to edit the post or just post one of the ghan I can always change the post # for you - just let me know!

I just realized that I started strip 4 with two strands of lavender instead of lavender/green. (That darn Tour de France the other day really fouled me up.) I'm on what would have been the 7th block, so I'll try to add the lavender/green to the beginning and hope it doesn't show too much.

I'll be started the 5th strip then, and how ever far I get, that will also be it for me until next weekend, since we'll be on the road together.

Oh well, I'll be working on other projects while in the passenger seat :hook

I've got plenty of smaller projects to keep me busy.

i did this same thing but if you have another strip to go then the one you have now should just move over one.

I made strip 2 and started again with the two colours... ooops :blush so I just went ahead with (my now ) strip 4 and then made strips 3 and 5 one after another.

OK, finished strip 4 - added the lavender/green block to the beginning - looks OK. I used a no-chain foundation row, which helped with this correction. It also makes for a springier feel which a chain row doesn't give.

Started strip 5, about 1/2 finished.

Bed time. Maybe more in the morning.

Gene, I'm going to give that a try on the next project I start that isn't blocks. :) I like the idea. Crocheting into the chain on the first row can be a bugger.

Well, I told you I had a picture of my progress so far, and I do. I finally managed to upload it to the computer and put it somewhere I can show you. (I had to remember to put it on my Photobucket account, since my flickr can be seen from my blog, and while MIL and FIL knows I'm making them blankets this year, I still want the exact one to be a surprise...)

Here it is!

th_Dad1.jpg

I've got the first block of strip 5 done. so, not much more to go. I'm thrilled with how it looks so far! The blocks are about 11" square (depends on how it gets blocked...)

Archived