Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

Melissa, I am so sorry this has happened to you. It is usually the next day when you feel wht has happened

If your ER is anything like ours, you can probably finish another ghan while waiting.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... I just got home from work where I had a car accident just not my day. So hopefully later I will get some more work done on strip number 3

Melissa,

Back problems can show up much later after an automobile accident. I had an accident a few years ago and my back started bothering me about 2 weeks later. The insurance company should cover this.

In my opinion, all the hospital will do is give you pain relievers. That is no cure. Go see a chiropractor! My opinion, for what it's worth.

Hope you're feeling better soon. (so you can finish strip 3 :devil )

Melissa,

Back problems can show up much later after an automobile accident. I had an accident a few years ago and my back started bothering me about 2 weeks later. The insurance company should cover this.

In my opinion, all the hospital will do is give you pain relievers. That is no cure. Go see a chiropractor! My opinion, for what it's worth.

Hope you're feeling better soon. (so you can finish strip 3 :devil )

I didn;t want to be the first to tout this (thanks, Gene), but I agree...my son is a chiropractor and I've gotten relief from injuries of all types after being treated - esp since he uses therapies such as heat, mild stretching, etc:)

Your muscles, etc. have all been through a shock and are probably strained...again, IMHO.

Gentle:hug 's

but at least with the hospital. she'll have proof of an exam considered 'more worthy' to the insurance companies.

then I strongly suggest a good chiropracter.

Absolutely! Some insurance companies can be a bear to deal with concerning chiroprctic treatment, esp in the northern, congested areas of NJ, where car accidents are not uncommon. Again, hearing tales from my DS:yes

Melissa- I hope you're doing better this morning. I'd go and get checked out, even if there isn't anything wrong, just for safety's sake.

I'm leaving for CA around noon today. I'll be starting my FIL's blanket then. Unfortunately, I won't be able to post any pics until I get home, my laptop doesn't like my camera... I will try and pop in to see how everyone's doing tho.

thank you all for your well wishes and advice. I was told I had 48 hours to get to a hospital or doctor before I couldn't place a claim through work. Once I really relaxed yesterday I felt it and this AM is even worse so I am going there in a few min to see my doc. I couldn't handle sitting in the hospital it is usually an 8 hour adventure. I couldn't justify bringing my 10 month old daughter to sit in the ER with sick people if I didn't have to since I had no one to watch her. I plan on going to a chiropractor after I see the doc just cause I have to see an MD, I am also gonna have my friend give me a massage (she is a trained massage therapist) The most I will take as far as a pain reliever is advil I'm not a huge fan of stronger pain meds they make me feel all disgusting. But I am gonna get ready to go to the doc and I didn't get the third strip done yesterday but I didn't get 4 squares done on it. I will try to post pics in a little while if I can get my aunt to help me or when my DH comes home. Thanks again all of you for your well wishes they are greatly appreciated

Mel, I'm sending good wishes for your speedy recovery. I know what you are going thru. The last time I had back pain from an injury it was a fall from a horse. It took 2 daysforit to show up. Then I crawled around the house for a while. Thank God for my chiropracter, he fixed it up. It took a couple of weeks though. Take it as easy as you can with a little one to look out for.

Safe trip, Addey!:hug

Thanks Judi, but unfortunately, the summer travel gremlins struck.

I get to the airport and there's a 2 hour delay. No big deal, I'll just work on the first strip. (I've decided to do 5X5, probably 10" squares.) Well, I call and let DH know that I've been delayed, get about 11 chains done and they cancel my flight.

:thair:bang:sigh

Well, after waiting in line about half an hour and waiting for an hour for my friend to pick me up (she got stuck in traffic...) I'm back home. My flight now leaves at 6:30 am tomorrow and I get in around noon Pacific time to Reno and then have a 2 hour drive ahead of me. (That part is better then getting in at 8:30 with the same drive...)

Well, it looks like I get some time tonight to work on this. I am impressed though, this is only the 3rd time in 2.5 years of major travel that I've been delayed overnight. At least this time I was home...

Thanks Judi, but unfortunately, the summer travel gremlins struck.

I get to the airport and there's a 2 hour delay. No big deal, I'll just work on the first strip. (I've decided to do 5X5, probably 10" squares.) Well, I call and let DH know that I've been delayed, get about 11 chains done and they cancel my flight.

:thair:bang:sigh

Well, after waiting in line about half an hour and waiting for an hour for my friend to pick me up (she got stuck in traffic...) I'm back home. My flight now leaves at 6:30 am tomorrow and I get in around noon Pacific time to Reno and then have a 2 hour drive ahead of me. (That part is better then getting in at 8:30 with the same drive...)

Well, it looks like I get some time tonight to work on this. I am impressed though, this is only the 3rd time in 2.5 years of major travel that I've been delayed overnight. At least this time I was home...

UGH!

DH flew out Sunday...delayed on the first leg of the trip, then was delayed on the puddle jumper for the next leg. He now remembers why he wasn't going to take this contract job again :lol ...and this is only the first trip!:eek

i got 4 squares of my 3rd strip done I will probably get alot more done now that I am being told that I shouldn't be chasing the baby and picking her up so yay DH can chase her lol. I have a nice comfy chair with a heating pad (although I doubt I will use it as it is 95+ outside) and my yarn and patterns and hooks next to me just screaming at me I am hoping to get this done rather quickly cause I have a poncho request I got the yarn for it (just found a new LYS and ohhhh did I have fun petting everything in the place) But I'm gonna go and finish my 3rd strip now

Melissa, that's great about DH chasing the baby!!!

Take care and don't try and rush the healing process - it doesn't work!

Where you from in NJ? I'm in Florida now but I'm origionally from East Brunswick.

Are you asking about Melissa or me?

She's in Passaic County, I think I remember her saying - I'm in Monmouth, near the edge of Middlesex county and Old Bridge.

Glad to hear you've got some crochet time on your hands and a new LYS Melissa! It's good for dads to chase the babies from time to time.

I haven't gotten anywhere on mine since I left the airport. I spent about an hour on the phone with Delta. Aparently, when they changed my flight to tomorrow, it messed up part of the record in the computer. I had called to get them to change my Thursday reservation to friday. (Being out there for 19 hours just isn't going to get anything done.... especially since it's an 8-hour training course and 2 hours each way to the airport...) Well, once they got that all streightened out, it turns out that even though they canceled my flight today, forcing me to reschedule, I still have to pay them almost $600 to move my flight to Friday. That's about half of what the original ticket cost. Not very cost effective for my business huh?

Sorry, don't mean to rant here, but I'm really kinda cranky about it. This constant travel is getting to me... I don't know how people do it for 20+ years and have families to boot!

Sorry, don't mean to rant here, but I'm really kinda cranky about it. This constant travel is getting to me... I don't know how people do it for 20+ years and have families to boot!

If you are a Christian, it might be time to start asking God to set you up to do your work without the travelling. If not... I don't know any answers for that one :wlol

Where you from in NJ? I'm in Florida now but I'm origionally from East Brunswick.

Judy was right I am in passaic county 2 towns away from paterson.

Got another square done on the strip will probably finish the strip tonight while everyone else is asleep and will have to run downstairs to get more yarn to start my 4th strip lol. :hook

well unfortunatly I am babysitting my friends son since her mom is in the hospital so I haven't gotten anything done on my strip and I fell asleep last night before I could work on it. I am hoping that once she picks him up my little one will be too tired to stay awake then I will be able to get something done. I really want to finish this one and get started on the 4th I really feel like I am moving with this one which is a great feeling.

I am progressing. I have finished a third panel. I got mixed up and started another panel 2 instead of a panel 1.

... but that is ok... dumb of me but not important in the overall scheme of the universe since I was going to need another one anyway :wlol

have started the 2nd block on the new panel already. This really is a neat pattern to work. Thank you so much for sharing it so generously with us here.

Egads...I hate my job. I miss out on a lot when I'm too tired to come here!!

Melissa - I do hope you're feeling better!! And I second (or third or fourth, whatever we're up to now!!) the motion of the chiropractor. I had a neck so tense I literally could not turn my head. I went straight to him, even he had doubts on being able to help me! He did ultrasound therapy that day, adjusted what he could and asked me to come back in 4 days. I did, and he said it was like I was a whole other person! :clap He finished the adjustments with no problems and no pain!

I'm on the last strip of my purple practice 'ghan. I have to pick up 2 more skeins of purple tomorrow, then I'll be able to finish it and post pictures. I freaked out when I got home yesterday to find my one-month-old digital camera NOT WORKING:eek :eek !! Talk about your operator error...I thought it was because it had turned itself off and I disconnected it without using the "Safely Remove Hardware" program. Turns out...oh please don't laugh louder than my DH....the batteries were dead!! Took me 2 hours of searching for the receipt, original packaging and e-mailing the company to think of that! :blush:haha

Sooo...once I'm a bit further ahead on my homework (priorities, dang it) then I will post pictures!! It's really pretty, though, I love it so far!!

Next on my to do list is to get the Hobby Lobby "version" of RHSS for my next trip to Sioux Falls or Rapid City....

OOoooo I found the colors for my next one! Remember earlier, my friend said dark green and grey...

At www.knitting-warehouse.com (my favorite OYS!!)...the Bernat Super Value...Silver and Deep Sea Green!!!!

Drat...have to wait a bit until I can order it though....

I finally managed to find your two colours and I can't wait to see them done together. Those are great colours. I really like the silver... wonder if I could find that here anywhere. :wlol

I think I will go on to my pink and white one soon. The Sky CAL is changing around so I won't be focusing on my WIP's for a while. Well, here and there maybe.

I am going to post a pic I took earlier today before I had finished the half done panel--- which is now finished. I still have not emptied any of my one pound skeins of yarn. Just interesting bit of info

This looks better from a distance... :sigh

lumber1.jpg

Archived