~*~ Be My Valentine ~*~

JulieKay

Tabitha,

What if you staggered them...meaning, have one row of hearts connected at the widest points of the arches. Then the next row you'd have them flipped upside down and offset by half so that you have the points line into the the triangle created by the previous row? I'm not sure if this is really how you'd assemble it, but I was thinking this same thing yesterday.... give me a few and I'll see if I can sketch something for you...

~k

ETA: How's this look?

th_Drawing1-Model.jpg

I guess it ends up being a MAM but it could be fun and lacy? do a border around the heart-strip, then join with a lacy join? what do you think?

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a pattern like this on ebay in a book of afghans. But the lister never said which book. I have been looking for it for a few months now. All I know is the whole afghan was hearts head to tail (very much like the sketch that Kelle drew.) The book had 52 or 54 pattern in it was the only other info they gave. I'm still looking. It was lovely.

I'd love to participate in this one too. I had already bookmarked that beautiful doily Stephanie. You have done a great job with it. Those colors are so pretty. If I want to finish it in time for Valentines though I might better choose something else! I think I've been bitten by this Crochet-a-long bug that Darski warns of. :-)

Good morning and welcome to the new people who have recently shown interest in this CAL - I hope you all will find a pattern you like and decide to join in . I just found a beautiful tablecloth-- it is small and doesn't look extremely difficult -- take a look -

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1109

It requires signing up for a free membership, in case you are unable to access it, that is why - just fill out the short form and you are in if you havent already signed in to this web site .

Ok ladies-

here is what I have been playing around with. I was gonna do an afghan, but started it and didn't like it ,so I found these small doilies. I am trying to figure out a way that Tabby could possibly use this motif and put them all together as an afghan.Maybe if you used a ch 3, sl st, type edging rather than the picot edging, you could join them, kinda like the braided edging thing they have used on other afghans ?

It wouldn't make a real SOLID type afghan, since there'd be gaps between each of the motifs, but it'd make a very pretty throw for the back of a couch or chair . They are embarrassingly easy to do, so you could whip out several in one sitting .

http://www.kaleidesigns.com/crochet/patterns/archive/doil002.html

th_100_2947.jpg

I think I am going to make several for our family reunion this June-- our theme this year is Pretty in Pink, and I have already gotten little flower-pot type candle holders with pink candles for the tables , and thought they might look cute sitting on these doilies as centerpieces .

I was thinking of something along the lines of what Julie posted for a 'ghan. I think it would be easy to make a bunch of those heart 'squares' and join them at the rounded part of the hearts--it would be gorgeous! Thanks for posting the pattern, Julie--I'm filing it away for later use.

And thanks for the welcome, everyone--boy it really threw me off the first time I saw Tabby's siggy. I've met a couple of other Tabitha's (my real name, too), but not many other Tabby's. That's what I've always gone by, though. So it's nice to 'meet' you, too! :D

Well, everyone, since I joined up with this CAL I found the perfect doily for this......the crochet-along hearts doily

http://www.crochetmemories.com/archive/february5.html

I figured that this would be a great start for this CAL but of course I am not just going to stop there....I must do more!!!

That sounds like it would be real cute yarndiva. I'd like to see some of them.

Thanks, now if I can only get over this cough and cold and get on with my life...it's hard to do most anything, I get so tired easily. :no

I did promise to myself to finish a WIP/UFO before embarking on another project, so I have to finish edging a doll dress before I can start making hearts. :(

Can I break my resolutions now? :eek

Thanks everyone for your help!

Kelle~*DOH* I feel like a moron because I never even thought of flipping them so they'de fit together. :lol That is an awesome idea & I may give it a shot at some point when I get some of these other ghans done.

Julie~Your idea is great also. I'm just starting to wonder how much time I actually have to do an afghan. Yeah, I know i'm a pain but i'm getting the changing my mind thing from someone else I know. :P I just keep reminding myself that I have 2 afghans started already & I have to start the pre-school one this week also. :eek So another ghan right now may not be the smartest thing. Ecspecially with the BS i'm doing because one of those motifs take one whole day or two if you have a life. :D I may still do one but probably not right now. I did see that tablecloth yesterday & thought it was gorgeous but I don't have a round table. I may just stick with some doilies, simple & non-time consuming. ;)

Thanks, now if I can only get over this cough and cold and get on with my life...it's hard to do most anything, I get so tired easily. :no

I did promise to myself to finish a WIP/UFO before embarking on another project, so I have to finish edging a doll dress before I can start making hearts. :(

Can I break my resolutions now?

Yarndiva, I hope you do get better soon I know when I get a cold I have a terrible cough for a month or so after and it's really irritating.

I have a lot of things to finish too and some things waiting to start so I'm working on my snowflake afghan before starting the heart purse in here. I'm also going to do a caring hearts square for the charity blitz and for in here. lol. http://www.heartmadeblessings.org/patterns/caringhearts.asp

No better time to start breaking them :D but I know you can stick with them. I never make any since I know I won't keep them long. :D

Mel- good choice ! I think a couple other may also be working on that one .

Tabby- it's fine, don't worry about it. I know where you're coming from when you have a couple really big projects going, the last thing you need to do is start another .

Thanks, Sarah ! It was REALLY easy . :)

Julie, You know I'm in!!!! :D Thanks a bunch! This is a great idea!!!! ;)

Hey, Sarah! How you doin??? WOW, those hearts you made are absolutely gorgeous!!!

I'm gonna try to make something; been looking over the patterns and think I'll go with "I Love You Heart" from cpc.com. My grandkids love sign language! The crochet-a-long hearts doily is lovely! I like the heart pillow from crochetme, too!!! I've been emailing back and forth with the designer, Cylinda Mathews. She is soooooo nice and seems to love to chat! I'm enjoying it too. Thanks to Sarah for that connection!

why not

maybe heart pillow with heart shape bookmark :)

nice idea :)

OK, q8! What about us finishing what we've already started!!! :lol I'm talking back at myself, too!!! heehee

JulieKay, the hearts in your post #57 have captured my :bheart !

WOW! While I've been reading this thread, the number of posts have doubled, at least!

Get to crocheting, everybody! Have fun!!! :hook

Here is a very pretty heart doily. Looks similar to the one Julie posted earlier, it is a must see. Looks simple enough, but very sweet too.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/HomeDec/LC1242+Hearts+Desire.htm

Also too, these Victorian Clip art, (they are free) I thought would be a nice touch to print off on card stock and add along with your crocheted gifts. They are pretty.

http://www.victorians.net/clip4.html

Ok, I think I have decided on what I will be doing for this Cal. I am thinking I will do the Doily that Stephanie is doing. (It is so pretty) And working on some of those heart around doilys. I might join them to make them into something thogh. Just not sure what yet.

Just for fun... I am combining Krystal's "daisy" process and the Hearts Around doily and it is kinda cute. It is a nice square

pics tomorrow

My back is screaming at me... have no idea what I did but I hope I don't do it again

Archived