another knockoff...(Shortylam's Nordstrom Hobo)

MeMe

Hey guys, I joined the Nordstrom Hobo CAL and here is what I came up with...my grandma helped me with the lining cause i'm not good with the sewing machine....not bad for my first purse I would say

purselining.jpg

crochethobo.jpg

lol...yeah my grandma is cool...cause she sews stuff up for me and she trys to teach me a few things...u should see all of the little holes in the lining from where i messed up and she made me do it over...she's great at sewing but she's a big procrastinator....as far as the tutorial...i may be able to write one up cause she made me do most of it myself...

but if u want her to do the linings for u...u maybe waiting awhile...lol...she a biggg procrastinator

Very kewl purse & great job! I've got some questions if that's OK?

You used ribbons to weave vertically in the body of the purse yes & also 1 going horizontally across the top below the wide one at the very top that's tied into a bow?? How'd you end them off in the body of the purse?? Did you cut each 1 & hot glue inside or hand stitch inside to secure each end?? Or did you use 1 really LONG piece of ribbon & weave it in/out thru-out the entire body of the purse & then hand stitch to secure each of the 2 ends (beginning & ending)?? Thanks! Louise

Very kewl purse & great job! I've got some questions if that's OK?

You used ribbons to weave vertically in the body of the purse yes & also 1 going horizontally across the top below the wide one at the very top that's tied into a bow?? How'd you end them off in the body of the purse?? Did you cut each 1 & hot glue inside or hand stitch inside to secure each end?? Or did you use 1 really LONG piece of ribbon & weave it in/out thru-out the entire body of the purse & then hand stitch to secure each of the 2 ends (beginning & ending)?? Thanks! Louise

hey Louise,

I only used the piece of ribbon at the very top that was tied into a bow...after i crocheted the bag i traced it onto a piece of regular cotton material and then cut out the shape of the bag. I sewed the two pieces together and then flipped them inside out. I lined the bag with it and used the sewing machine to sew the liner around the top of the bag...I hope I didn't confuse u.

Archived