Jasmine doily

deb_tat

Here is Jasmine from Magic Crochet magazine, June 1999, number 120, page 44. I used 2 balls Valdani Pearl Cotton Subtle Elegance color for the Bruges lace and flowers and a bit of white for the rest of the doily. I liked the subtle variegation for the Bruges lace and flowers. I modified the original flower which was 2 dimensional to 3d. Size is about 10.5 inches across using a size 10 hook.

jasmine_closeup.jpg

jasmine.jpg

I love it!:yay:yay:yay

Isn't the Valdani thread wonderful? I just love the richness in color.

Love Bruges lace designs, too! I think I have this pattern tucked way in my stash. It's beautiful! Very well done!:clap

~ Lori

:faint I love this doily!! It is a Brugess Lace? I have never heard of it before, it is beautiful. I will have to see if I can get a back issue of that magazine! I love, love, love that doily! And that Valdani ? thread is beautiful too. Is that still for sale? I don't think I've seen it. Just beautiful!!!! :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

Tina

gorgeous doily!! I am so inspired by the Brugge's lace. will have to make a real effort at it one day

The crocheted Bruges lace is generally easy to do, but for me gets to be VERY boring because you make this long narrow strip that twists and curls on you. That's why adding a bit of variegation is starting to intrigue me. The valdani pearl cotton thread is available. I have it for sale on my website, but that isn't the point of being a member of crochetville! Call me a thread-a-holic who has a larger than normal stash of thread which is then ending up in my tatting and crochet. There's this one color that is just begging to be made into a tatted/beaded bag (and I have found the perfect beads to go with the thread!), I'm working on some tatted fruit and veggie designs and there are some good colors for cherries and tomatoes and eggplants, etc. And that's just the tatting projects I have in mind! I have another crocheted bruges lace doily I've been working on for a couple months in Oren Bayan Pearl Cotton that I need to finish before starting another crochet project. So many things I want to tat/crochet/knit/cross-stitch and not enough time!

Debbie

http://www.ds9designs.com

Archived