Hanna the Harvest Queen

Tampa Doll

This is Hanna; she is the queen of the Harvest Festival. She has come to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. If you look at her skirt, she has a cornucopia with pumpkins, apples and squash. There are leaves and flowers seen in the fall. There is corn and feathers.

th_HannaHarvestQueenzomsm.gif(clickable)th_HannaHarvestQueen.gif(clickable)th_HanaHarvestQueen020.jpg

For those who don’t celebrate this holiday, let me try and explain what it means to me.

This is a time for families to get together, eat, laugh and remember. It is a time to celebrate the good times and try to forget the bad.

We sit with loved ones around a table full of food and welcome new additions to our family (be they little or adult) and to remember those who are no longer with us. We tell stories that are funny and sometime embarrassing. This is the best holiday, as it requires nothing, but love, laughter and a hearty appetite.

Hanna will be on my November table next year as a match to the Harvest Angel. So whether you celebrate or not, may your day be filled with Love, Laughter, and Family. :pilgrim

My goodness girl! She is awesome. I'm a threadie but would never have the patience to make the corns etc. nevermind the tiny dress. You really are something! Excellent! WOW!

I agree with your sentiments about the holiday. It's not just about stuffing ourselves and football.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and thank you for remembering what this holiday is really all about.

:pilgrim:tdance:ttalk

She is just beautiful! I used to crochet all kinds of dresses for Barbies. (Mostly 'Bed Dolls', for my sisters and nieces.) I don't have any of them, and don't crochet any any more, either.

She is just stunning and you did a wonderful job! :manyheart

Tina

P.S. Hanna(h) is one of my nieces names; incidentally, the one I never crocheted a bed doll for. Although she might have the one I made for her older sister now... :P

Archived