Wedding Diamonds Afghan

goodie2shoes

I finally finished this one I think I frogged it so many times I actually crocheted about 3 afghans.......

the first time it came out toooooooo long and since i was working length arrrrrrrrrrrgh.

So I did the math to make it come out

right for the yarn The pattern I started from is called White Diamond I think it is in a Liesure art book that teaches stitches.

I started it 3 weeks before the wedding we were going to and it was

finished middle of the third week whew .....after washing it etc. I had time to wrap it tee hee.

"]forum1lg6.jpg

Close up:

forumcloseupaw8.jpg

Gee It was a month ago I still haven't gotten a thank you note hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooooo pretty! There are a lot of stitches and hard work in there - what a wonderful wedding gift. Re: thank you note, some people just don't get it, do they? I pounded 'thank you notes' in all 3 of my DDs heads from the time they were little, sometimes they forget.

Soooooo pretty! There are a lot of stitches and hard work in there - what a wonderful wedding gift. Re: thank you note, some people just don't get it, do they? I pounded 'thank you notes' in all 3 of my DDs heads from the time they were little, sometimes they forget.

Yep I " pounded" also LOL I have 2 DD and really I usually don't look for a thank you note but this is my Husbands boss's son....... of course he would never write thank you notes I just thought maybe his new bride would.......... nice to know if they got it or not LOL!!

I hope you do get a thank-you note soon - you definitely deserve one! :)

LOL deserve one, tee hee........... actually if I were telling the truth, I had a lot of fun making it......

I like trying new patterns, I usually have one white or off white afghan already made and waiting for the next wedding invite, and a baby one or two done for the next new baby that comes along, but this year I haven't been that organized

Wow! What a beautiful afghan!!! :manyheart

Re the Thank You note -- maybe the recipients just can't find the words to express for such a wonderful gift...:D;):lol (It really is breath-taking. I LOVE the pattern and now am gonna have to go see if I can find that Leisure Arts book -- do you by chance have the # or title of the booklet?)

Just editing to say that just because someone is male, that doesn't mean they are excused from writing ty notes! My son was taught as well as my daughter, and I am more than pleased to notice that my son-in-law is also very diligent about them as well.

It's beautiful! :cheer

You're right, the pattern is one of those little stitch books. Yours looks better than the one in the book.

It drives me crazy when I don't get a thank you. My own mother does that a lot and it really surprises me since she's the one who always insisted I write them. :(

Very pretty !! I love the way it looks in white. I made that one too, but I did it in burgundy and like the color, my name for it also started with a B :devil !! I had to :frog :frog :frog . It's a beautiful pattern, but my gosh you have to count, count, count !! You did a great job !

that is a truely beautiful afghan....no thank u :eek...

how could they not send a thank u note for that...it was probably one of the most heartfelt gifts....

:clap :clap That is soooooooooo pretty!!!! WOW!! I wish I had recieved something like that 500 years ago when I got married. You BEST get a thank you for that!!:hug

Miss Manners says you have a year to send thank you notes for weddings. Perhaps they are so entranced by its beauty that they can think of nothing else. I think you'll get one soon. If not, I'll personally go to their house and insist that they do!

Very beautiful afghan!! As for the thank-you card, it's a lost art I'm afraid... a lot of people today lead much too busy lives (or at least they think they do!) to take a minute and write out a card, or they think it's pointless. I was also one that was taught to send cards or at the very least write a note, and I for one don't think it's pointless, it is common courtesy, which I'm sorry to say seems to be disappearing these days. As you say, at least knowing they got it would be nice.

very beautiful blanket. looks like alot of work & your time. but good luck on getting a "thank you note". people todai don't do that. i made my goddaug. a blanket, plus gifts and my thank you note was a photo of the couple.(no words of thank you for our gifts. all i heard from her was "alot of the gifts had no cards. then she found out she was pregnant and had an early shower & i'm still waitin' for that thank you card.

why don't people send out "Thank You's " anymore? well i'm still old-fashioned and i sent her my Thank You's notes.(i won prizes @ weddin'/baby showers).

sorry i went on & on.

jaye

Archived