Pattern-a-Day 2007 Calendar

Needle Arts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the Overstock site!

I had to go to the other end of the state (NC) last week. On the way i stopped at 1 Joann's, 4 Michael's, 1 a.c. Moore, 4 Barnes and Noble and 1 Borders Books and was so frustrated, I was sure I'd be able to find it at one of those stores. The bookstores had pattern a day calendars for knitting, beadwork, cross stitch, bags, scrapbooking - not one crocheting! Honestly, I was hoping to find it at one of the craft stores to use the 40% off coupon.

I just checked overstock and it's $10.07 there and I checked Amazon and it's $11.19 at Amazon. I have a few other books I need to order for my son so I'm going to see which site comes up the cheapest after all are added it.

angie

I received mine in the mail yesterday. As with any patterns, I have to go through it several times to let them all soak in. I do like some of the patterns, but I noticed that some of them are stretched out for 3 or more days of the same pattern, different parts. I wasn't very thrilled about that.

It is very colorful, and I do plan on making things out of it. I also plan on designing some things and maybe getting published for the first time in next year's calendar.

Just my opinion!:manyheart

I agree with Linda. Some of the patterns are very cute. To me some of the ones that are stretched out could have been put on one day. I don't know. Like Linda I'll have to go through it a couple of more times to let it soak in. I guess for the price it's okay.

I was doing so good at not wanting to get that calendar until I saw some of the pics of the finished pieces. Now there is no hope, I'll have this probably within the next week :) Well this will give the other mystery crocheters at work something to keep visiting my cube at lunch everyday (I have my 2006 one on my desk and it gets moved everyday at lunch, and I occasionally find copies of the blanket patterns on the copy machine).

I got mine at JoAnn's and used my forty percent off coupon, so it was about eight dollars. I like it and I liked last year's too. I love that the calendar has lots of Crochetville designers. For many of them, I am sure that this is their first published pattern.

Yes, some of the patterns are available on the web, but this is a very handy collection and they are already printed out! :-)

The number of patterns makes the calendar a great value -- for about eight dollars, there are dozens of projects! I like the sturdy box it comes in too.

I was doing so good at not wanting to get that calendar until I saw some of the pics of the finished pieces. Now there is no hope, I'll have this probably within the next week :) Well this will give the other mystery crocheters at work something to keep visiting my cube at lunch everyday (I have my 2006 one on my desk and it gets moved everyday at lunch, and I occasionally find copies of the blanket patterns on the copy machine).

:roflI love it mystery crochetiers.:rofl

Well I know of 3 other ladies at work who crochet and none of them will fess up to it, but there are a ton of people who I don't know and my cube is on a main path at work and the people I sit in between all go to lunch at the same time I do...so no one can figure it out. Whoever it is is grabbing blanket patterns, they don't do a great job at getting the sheets back in all the way.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't all that happy with mine. There are a few patterns that I liked, but not as many as I would have thought considering the number of patterns available. Plus, the box broke the first time I opened it. I repaired it with tape, but still.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a copy and am not thrilled at all.:( Many of the patterns are spread out over several days. Many of the patterns look like others. I'm sure they are a "bit" different but not much!:angry I wish I had been able to peruse it before hand, I wouldn't have purchased it at all.:no I'd rather have spent the money on some nice yarn.

-Stine

I found mine yesterday at my local Walden Books.

It was in the BARGAIN book sections for 5.00. I asked the lady and she thought they would be the same at other stores also. But I am not positive..

:clap :clap

:manyheart

Kidge

I finally found mine. I don't have a sams card (don't need one) and the other places mentioned in an ealier post here were too far for me. I really like it. I do agree that the patterns could be condensed. Maybe they didn't get enough submissions? I don't know. But I like it.

I did get mine from Sam's, and if I had been able to see what was offered I probably wouldn't have bought it.

Most things in there are not my style/lifestyle so it's just not practical, (though I'm one to talk about practicality as it relates to crochet type purchases) I do think some of the patterns offered are hilarious- the Abe Lincoln hat/beard- my 3yo is totally into pennies right now and always asks about that "guy" on the coin, so that one's definitely going to be made.

But bottom line, I probably wouldn't have bought it because paying 8 bucks for all those patterns is great, but not for just the one pattern I see myself actually making. Also, it is a bit pet peevy on my part, but the fact that it really isn't a pattern a day bugged me a bit. Maybe Debbi-a1 was right suggesting there weren't enough submissions to choose from?

I figure if I get a few patterns out of it, I am happy. Just think of when you buy a book of patterns. Do you like everyone?

What I do with the ones I don't like, is I save them and throw them in a RAOK package. I figure maybe the person I am sending them to will like them, or pass them on to someone who will.:hook

Just a thought.:think

Tampa doll- that's a great idea for using the patterns you don't like!

I might be getting one of those for x-mas (I'm oh so subtle with my hints...lol..."hey honey, i need a calendar. Oh, look, the perfect calendar for me!" then walk away...) and now I know what to do if I don't like something :)

Archived