Pattern-a-Day 2007 Calendar

Needle Arts

I bought a copy and regretted it. How can it be marketed as "crochet-a-day" when many of the patterns are spread out over several days (:think )?! And too many of the patterns look like other patterns. I wish I had been able to actually look at it before I bought it; I would not have gotten it (:no )! PS: I did send the calendar to one of my sisters - she crochets and hopefully, will like the idea of the calendar for her desk at work (:) ).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to decide if I want this on my wish list for Christmas or not. i mainly like to crochet bags and wearables and really like trendy stuff. Would I like this calender?? I haven't seen one and will have to order it online!

Got mine this weekend at The Mary Maxims Store by me. DH let me go nuts as part of my:ctree xmas gift spent like 150.00 :lol ...Fav in it is Drews Vest Top I just love it... I also agree with them spreading them over some days especially the doll dress is like 6 days long.... But there are alot of good patterns in it and I like the idea very much of giving the ones I dont care for to someone who may like them.....

hi,i got mine today at the joanns by the house,,,but was pretty much dissapointed,,,there are a couple that i would consider, but so many of them ran into days and days of the same pattern..1 even takes 5 days!!! too bad you can;t look at them before you buy them, like a magazine!!!!

i just got mine for christmas yesterday. i like it. there are quite a few patterns that i want to try. i just wish that the pages were thicker. i had to look at every page last night and now they won't fit back in the box. i am hoping to get come of the plastic page protecters but i think i would need way to many of them.

I got mine well my mom got it for me for xmas but told me bout it so i didn't buy it lol i was quite impressed with it she gave it to me early lmfao mom can never wait on things like that i'm going ot be a busy beaver with all my new wips!!

I like it, it is a little hard getting the pages back into the box. There are some patterns in there that I wanted to try, now I have them on convienent little sheets.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who are still undecided about purchasing this calendar, Barnes and Noble had their calendars HALF-PRICE today!! I don't know how long this sale will last. Because it was my birthday, I decided that I NEEDED one of these, as well as SnB's The Knitter's calendar. They were each about $6. I'm happy and am pleased with the calendars!

I received this for a birthday present, and I must admit, it's pretty disappointing. There are ALOT of free patterns you'll find on the internet in this calendar. I won't buy it next year.

I wish I'd read this thread before I purchased my calendar last weekend.

My husband asked me why I was buying it and I said "It's 365 patterns!" But starting on week one, I saw they stretched out patterns over multiple days (as said before). I'm hoping I'll find a handful of patterns that make me feel my purchase was worthwhile. Mostly I'm disappointed in the misleading name of the calendar, because it made me feel cheated.

:tup Yes, I agree that the calendar was a little disappointing. I thought I would get a few more patterns. Luckily I bought mine on sale. ALTHOUGH... a large majority of the patterns were very nice and I have already planned out all this years birthday gifts from the patterns I received.

to be honest with you if i had been able to look at it before buying it,,,i would not have spent the money....yeah,,there are a few good patterns spread out here and there ,,, but how could there NOT be with so many...plus like so many of the ladies said some of them are so long...i counted and one is even a whole week long!!!!!

I just bought this calendar over the weekend. I have to confess that I too am disappointed. Kudos to everyone who had a pattern published. You are at least one up on me....but I don't think that the patterns should have been stretched over sooooooo many days. I guess the solution is for more of us to create and submit patterns. Goodness knows I've never even tried.

After reading this thread, I have to say I am still interested, but would probably only pick it up if it were on sale. One never knows...the perfect pattern for a gift might be lurking inside...then again, maybe I just can't resist the call of the "mystery" pattern :)

I've been considering submitting a pattern to the calendar publisher, but after reading your comments, I hesitate. Was 2007 their first year to do this? Maybe it will get better.

I know they are asking for over 300 patterns for 2008.

Archived