Pattern-a-Day 2007 Calendar

Needle Arts

I submitted one for the '08 Calendar... This was the first time I ever submitted a pattern. I have designed stuff many times, but never wrote anything up.

I can't say I am upset with what it is... I did get my calendar as a gift... It is what it is... Would be kind of cool to have a pattern in there...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year and last year I waited till just after New Years and got mine at 50% off. For the sale price, I feel like it was a good value and I have enough interesting patterns, but it looks like several of them are things that I've seen on-line - is that possible? Also, I don't like that so many are multiple days. I can deal with 2-day patterns being used over the weekend, but I'm not thrilled with the number of really long patterns, and while it's a matter of taste, there are more patterns in this years that don't interest me at all.

I've been considering submitting a pattern to the calendar publisher, but after reading your comments, I hesitate. Was 2007 their first year to do this? Maybe it will get better.

I know they are asking for over 300 patterns for 2008.

I submitted patterns and they were published for this year's calendar. :hook However, I'm disappointed that I havent received my contributor's copies yet. The editor said she'd follow up on it with Accord.

I dont know when they first published the crochet calendar but they had one in 2006, and I think they've had the same problems as this year.

Still, I submitted some patterns for the 2008 calendar :P , but only one was confirmed accepted. Here's their website if anyone wants to know the details of submission.

Jan. 29 update: I'm so glad I got my copy now!

Archived