Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

they have revamped that site so things got moved around...

http://crochetme.com/patterns/baby-its-cold-outside

I hope that works.

It worked beautifully, thank you for coming to the rescue once again darski, you need some type of award for all the help you give around here, always on the ball for all of us. Thank you!!! :manyheart

blessings,

Kath

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my very first garment!

s320x240

My neighbor asked me if I could make her friend's new baby something My first thought....BICO! I really wanted to make one but I didn't know anyone who needed it

It is hard to tell the colors in that lighting but I used deep violet and the border and buttons are purple, pink, blue, green and yellow mix. It is for a baby girl.

Yarn: Caron Deep Violet (two yarns used at a time)

Red Heart Monet (two yarns used at a time)

Hooks: 6.50mm (Jacket) and 5.00mm (buttons)

Pattern from http://www.crochetme.com/node/110/print

I posted this in show and tell and someone said there was a Cal and to post it here too :)

I will be making socks, mittens and a hat for her as well...and if I have time maybe an Round ripple....I have until Sunday, I am posting my work in progress for the rest of the gift there :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hee, hee, Darski! :lol

Well, I find out if our new little peanut is a girl or a boy on March 10, so I definitely plan on chipping in on this CAL at that time.

I know I could whip up some yellow or green ones, but I'm so hoping for a girl that if that's what we get, she's going to be in pink or purple at all times!:manyheart

Me, too. Three boys... The only pink in this house is on me. :P

Well since I only had boy babies myself, I do understand that feeling about girly girls.

Nice work on your sweater, Lady Wind. I like making a bunch of other things to go with the sweater, too. At least a hat.

Tina

Hee, hee, Darski! :lol

Well, I find out if our new little peanut is a or a boy on March 10, so I definitely plan on chipping in on this CAL at that time.

I know I could whip up some yellow or green ones, but I'm so hoping for a that if that's what we get, she's going to be in pink or purple at all times!:manyheart

Well, white always looks sweet on a baby boy or . So you could go ahead and make one in white... and then if you want to make it more y or boyish, you could trim it in pink or blue after the birth.

I'd just like to drop by and say THANK YOU!! I found this pattern on it's original website and fell in love with it. I wanted to make it for my twin daughters but needed to increase the size, so I turned to a yahoo group that I belong to and asked how to go about it since I'm so new to crocheting. A link to this thread was posted and before I even attempted to start it, I read 87+ pages of post (that's how determined I was)! I started it, made a mistake, asked dh to take a look at it, together we figured out where the mistake was, I frogged it and continued from there. Now I'm just about finished needing only to edge and sew it up. I'm so excited and so thankful to all of you for the wonderful information and the encouraging posts. I'll post a pic when I get finished then I've got to quickly start on my second one for my other twin daughter!

Hugs,

Bex

• 1 month later...

HI,

I am almost finished with the sweater and decided to have my daughter try it on. It did not look good. I don't know if it is because she has on a Sweat shirt. I measured the back and it is 11 1/2 to 12 inch. I was making the size 4. I don't know whether to frog it and start over. The sweater looks to snug. The sleeves are ok, but I don't like the way that the front and back look. I have only sewed the seams together. I still need to put the border on.

ANy suggesions would be appreciated.

Emily

Ok. I had my daughter take off her sweat shirt and we tried on the sweater again. MUCH better!!! Still not as roomy as I would like but it will work.

For those of you wanting to make the sweater in different sizes I recommend using the OXfam sweater as a base. http://members.tripod.com/~kpup/html/untitled.html It gives you the measurements for each size. http://www.angelfire.com/va/thevelvetpumpkin/sweaterpattern.html this is another vesrion.

I used the above along with Ginny's size 6 to guide me. I like using inches to guide me. This way you can use any yarn and any hook.

Hope this helps.

Emily

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is anyone still working on this? I am going to make one as a gift for a coworker. And then after I find out if my new baby is going to be a boy or girl I will be making another one.

Emily can't wait to see picture(s) of your daughter's sweater.

Brenda, I think this is just an ongoing CAL. I was just thinking the other day, 'I haven't made a BICO in a long time....' Can't wait to see what you do with the pattern! :hook

Tina

I just finished a BICO and hat a few weeks ago. This is going to my best friend's daughter who had a preemie in May. It should fit him just fine when the weather turns cold. I love doing these sweaters - they're quick and easy and fun! Thanks for looking!

thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
How does this pattern work out with WW yarn? I would like to make one for my expectant baby to wear as a newborn.

I made one with 2 strands of ww held together and it turned out fine. :yes

Brenda, I have made them with all different size yarns. I think there is a chart on the first page that shows how all different sizes were made/with what yarns.... let me go see... :P Yup, Kristen put one together: chart Hope That Helps!

Tina

How does this pattern work out with WW yarn? I would like to make one for my expectant baby to wear as a newborn.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Woops. Sorry, Amethyst Mist and pewa. I don't know what to tell you. :think Sorry about that. Maybe you could PM KnickKnack. I know this is a sort of old CAL, so maybe she doesn't check back here. (I just saw it on the page, so I came in here...) :)

Tina

Archived