Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the congrats Pat!! :manyheart

Well............ I did it.......... I got it done... with a matching cap!:yay

:heart

:mug

Tam,

Your sweater turned out perfect and I love the darker blue trim for your sweet new grandson. Congrats on the new grandbaby and for getting your sweater set done!! :yay

I love it Tam - just great for a little guy. :dreaming

Thanks darski! :manyheart

Tam,

Your sweater turned out perfect and I love the darker blue trim for your sweet new grandson. Congrats on the new grandbaby and for getting your sweater set done!! :yay

aww... thanks Cindy!

let me tell you......... not only did I just get the sweater done in time... I got the sweater done with just enough yarn... LOL

this is all I have left... :hook

post-18634-135897463941_thumb.jpg

You're very welcome. I love how it turned out. The hat makes it complete. Was that a little brim on it I saw? I think that'll make it more a boys outfit. Now, we just need a pic of him wearing it. :yes

Thanks for the congrats Pat!! :manyheart

Well............ I did it.......... I got it done... with a matching cap!:yay

[ATTACH]10470[/ATTACH]

You're very welcome. I love how it turned out. The hat makes it complete. Was that a little brim on it I saw? I think that'll make it more a boys outfit. Now, we just need a pic of him wearing it. :yes

yepper... I made the cap look like a ball cap the best I could.

I cant wait to get a pic of him wearing these! :c9

i did not post here but was following the call quite a while. it encouraged me to make caps and booties for my girls. i tried to make a cap from lion brand but it did not turned well:( as i have only one yarn hook (3.5) and couldn't find the one that needed. [generally i work with thread and have steel hooks] so the cap which i finally made is a helmet.

the another cap i made for my little nephew.

post-32270-135897464336_thumb.jpg

post-32270-13589746434_thumb.jpg

They're both nice. I like them. :)

i did not post here but was following the call quite a while. it encouraged me to make caps and booties for my girls. i tried to make a cap from lion brand but it did not turned well:( as i have only one yarn hook (3.5) and couldn't find the one that needed. [generally i work with thread and have steel hooks] so the cap which i finally made is a helmet.

grandbaby #7........

[ATTACH]10458[/ATTACH]

I missed this post. Oh thank you so much for sharing this. I just love babies and I love to see them when they are brand new and just discovering this world. I swear they have a little bit of God still on them :dreaming

He is just gorgeous and again, thanks for sharing the pic :hug

totally cute.., :hug

He is an absolute cutie!

Started my 1st BICO (actually doing 3 @ once) Sunday. Using Deb Norville Serinity yarn. got to go back & get another ball of each, Thot I'd have enuf, but doing the 12 month size. Got 3/4 way thru w/ the body on 2 BICOs in 4 hours each (I'm slow). Am right proud of myself; never thot I could make a wearable. Looking forward to posting pics when done (have to wait for payday).

OK, I think I messed up, & I don't have my camera. FRONT: before finishing edge, are both sides supposed to just meet, or overlap (a little? or a lot?)?

On row 28 I'm only getting 12 stitches (6mo) not 18; I've counted & recounted everything before it.

It looks right, if they are not suppoed to overlap.

OK, I think I messed up, & I don't have my camera. FRONT: before finishing edge, are both sides supposed to just meet, or overlap (a little? or a lot?)?

On row 28 I'm only getting 12 stitches (6mo) not 18; I've counted & recounted everything before it.

It looks right, if they are not suppoed to overlap.

Don't worry about it at all. if it does not meet when you do your trim rows (and it usually does) you can do a couple more rows along the front to make it work out. This is just fun so don't let it bother you.

On your next one, we can maybe walk you through it if need be but don't fuss :hug

Don't worry about it at all. if it does not meet when you do your trim rows (and it usually does) you can do a couple more rows along the front to make it work out. This is just fun so don't let it bother you.

On your next one, we can maybe walk you through it if need be but don't fuss :hug

thanks Darski! I've got to get another skien for each of the boy's this w/e, then finish off the edging, then I'll post pics.

Darski, I have a question. I know this pattern calls for two strands of yarn held together. Thats what makes it warm for wearing in cold weather. But what if I live on an Island where it can get hot during the day? Could this still be done with only one strand of yarn and would it still come out okay? I have made this before and my oldest brother took it back to Georgia with him for his GD which is okay since it does get cold there. That was two years ago. I'd like to make this again for a niece who's due date is christmas day. We'll have a hot and sunny christmas here. She already knows she'll have a boy. It's her first baby. I'd like to start one as soon as possible. Thanks.

This one works. I have had three links for this thing over time.

http://crochetme.com/patterns/baby-its-cold-outside

The surest method of getting a good link is by going to CPC and looking at baby clothing

Darski, I have a question. I know this pattern calls for two strands of yarn held together. Thats what makes it warm for wearing in cold weather. But what if I live on an Island where it can get hot during the day? Could this still be done with only one strand of yarn and would it still come out okay? I have made this before and my oldest brother took it back to Georgia with him for his GD which is okay since it does get cold there. That was two years ago. I'd like to make this again for a niece who's due date is christmas day. We'll have a hot and sunny christmas here. She already knows she'll have a boy. It's her first baby. I'd like to start one as soon as possible. Thanks.

the first one I made was with a single strand of yarn. It is fine and it goes just about as fast with only one strand. again just work your gauge to the measurements with some ease added in.

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/babysize.html

I will be happy to work out the math with you if you are not sure how it works.

Just pick your colour and your hooks and have at it :cheer

Wow, that was a quick answer. Thanks Darski. I have to get ready for work right now. Let me find my yarn first then I'll holler back at you if you don't mind. It'll be nice if the baby wears it home from the hospital. :yes

the first one I made was with a single strand of yarn. It is fine and it goes just about as fast with only one strand. again just work your gauge to the measurements with some ease added in.

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/babysize.html

I will be happy to work out the math with you if you are not sure how it works.

Just pick your colour and your hooks and have at it :cheer

Now the joy of looking for colors. :woo

Ah yes... we must suffer for our art. It's so brave of you to face all those colours in all that yarn :rofl

I'm actually green with envy :dreaming

So am I. I don't have that much selection or colors. :(

Ah yes... we must suffer for our art. It's so brave of you to face all those colours in all that yarn :rofl

I'm actually green with envy :dreaming

Archived