Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't sign on to this CAL as I was madly trying to finish Christmas gifts on time, but I did make a BICO:

ElisabethSweaterCap2.jpg

I modified the pattern to fit a size 2 toddler and made it with Patons Be Mine instead of Homespun as the pattern recommended. It came out soooooo soft! I also put the button holes inside of the edging by adding an additional row of sc after the button hole row.

It is an incredibly easy pattern ~ good luck with the CAL everyone!

I somehow ended up with 6:think when it was supposed to be 24. and 44 all together.

Can you post a pic of this. did you add the other sleeve when you were supposed to in row 11? You should have 59 stitches if you are making the 12 month size :eek

Can you list the numbers you did use...

starting chain, chain for right sleeve and chain for left sleeve?

Can you post a pic of this. did you add the other sleeve when you were supposed to in row 11? You should have 59 stitches if you are making the 12 month size :eek

Can you list the numbers you did use...

starting chain, chain for right sleeve and chain for left sleeve?

I ended up just ripping it out, i'll start over in a few days

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me where to find the pattern for an adult 3x BICO pattern? I have looked all over the place and haven't found it yet. Thanks in advance!! LOVE this pattern!!!

Can anyone tell me where to find the pattern for an adult 3x BICO pattern? I have looked all over the place and haven't found it yet. Thanks in advance!! LOVE this pattern!!!

this is what I posted for the adult BICO and it ended up being a 3X because of how I crochet

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=530047&postcount=358

It is mostly about starting with the measurements you have to work from and your own gauge for the HDC.

I'm still subscribed here so I will know if you need help.

if you want some more concrete help, you can PM me with measurements and gauge numbers for privacy. Since I am a 2X - 3X I know the general numbers range.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone help in making the BICO sweater in a size 4? I will be using Homespun.

Thank you,

Emily

this post gives you the method for making a BICO... I was making a size 3 but the technique is the same.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=520097&postcount=286

you can either use the actual measurements of the child you are making this for or you can go to the standard sizes chart to get your numbers (That is what I did)

http://www.yarnstandards.com/childsize.html

I believe someone did a size 4 but I can't find it. You could go through all the links in that first post to see what people did do.

I'm totally confused and stuck on row 11 which says:

Row 11: Add sleeves: Ch 15(17). With right side facing, Hdc into 1 st st, where you fastened off (leaving chain hanging off the hook, wrap the yarn over the hook, insert into first st and complete Hdc). Hdc across. Ch 16(18), turn.

Does this mean i'll be working on both sleeves or just the right one?

The most confusing part is "leaving chain hanging off the hook"...

Can someone please explain this row to me, in details......?

Maybe I sound stupid but I can't help but ask..:yes

I'm totally confused and stuck on row 11 which says:

Row 11: Add sleeves: Ch 15(17). With right side facing, Hdc into 1 st st, where you fastened off (leaving chain hanging off the hook, wrap the yarn over the hook, insert into first st and complete Hdc). Hdc across. Ch 16(18), turn.

Does this mean i'll be working on both sleeves or just the right one?

The most confusing part is "leaving chain hanging off the hook"...

Can someone please explain this row to me, in details......?

Maybe I sound stupid but I can't help but ask..:yes

on this row you are setting up the chain stitches that will become the sleeves. You finish and break off the thread from the back you have been making. starting fresh....

You are going to make your chain 15, pick up the back piece that you have been working on and just work your hdc row across this back as usual and then you will work a chain 16.

on the next row, you will work HDC into 2nd ch from hook and in every chain and hdc and chain across the entire thing.

on this row you are setting up the chain stitches that will become the sleeves. You finish and break off the thread from the back you have been making. starting fresh....

You are going to make your chain 15, pick up the back piece that you have been working on and just work your hdc row across this back as usual and then you will work a chain 16.

on the next row, you will work HDC into 2nd ch from hook and in every chain and hdc and chain across the entire thing.

Darski thank you soooooo sooo much for detaild explanation :):manyheart

I finally get it now!

I figured out how to do it as a size 2 but I was not getting this row :eek

With your help my problems are solved, at least for now :hook

Darski thank you soooooo sooo much for detaild explanation :):manyheart

I finally get it now!

I figured out how to do it as a size 2 but I was not getting this row :eek

With your help my problems are solved, at least for now :hook

I'm glad it helped. I am working on a piece now to demonstrate this row in pictures. it seems to come up so often around here i think the pics can be useful.

I'm glad it helped. I am working on a piece now to demonstrate this row in pictures. it seems to come up so often around here i think the pics can be useful.

That would be great!!!!!!!:manyheart People like me will be very thankfull :):lol:D

I need help again :blush

I'm kind of stuck on row 23 and 24....

I can't figure out how many stitches I need to chain because I'm making size two..

In row 23, is this the same number of stitches that were slip stitched around the neck or???? Is this how many I need to chain?

Row 23: Hdc across. Ch 12(14), turn.

Row 24: Hdc into 3 rd ch. Hdc across. Ch 2, turn. – 33(37) Hdc.

I can't figure out how many stitches I need to chain because I'm making size two..

In row 23, is this the same number of stitches that were slip stitched around the neck or???? Is this how many I need to chain?

You just do as many as you want or need. It will depend on where you want your right side to end. look at the pictures of the finished sweaters to see where they usually end and work visually to determine how long you want that to be. Remember that you are working on the right hand side when you figure this out ... i think it matters.

I have never made this size so I can't say a definite number. I would suggest that you might want to contact whomever made that size by PM

Yes, I got that, too. Did you make a copy of the pattern? :think I *think* someone posted something about this a while back, but maybe I am just discombobulated.... :lol

Tina

Is anyone else having a problem getting to the pattern link in the first post?

I'm getting a message that the page is not found on crochet me..

thanks,

Kath

Did you see the chart? There are some edits down towards the bottom of the page, don't know if that will help... (I haven't made this size, either.)

HTH

Tina

Darski thank you again :)

Is anyone else having a problem getting to the pattern link in the first post?

I'm getting a message that the page is not found on crochet me..

thanks,

Kath

Kath, I have the same problem, but I found that it's only if I go through my Favorites, that the error happens.. But if i go through crochetme.com I can see the pattern.

Archived