Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

I have got to try one of these sweaters. It looks so easy and I love the ones you've all made. Darski the doo adaption is very cute!

Am starting one of these today. Too cute to pass on.

YEE HAW!!!

Two new recruits!!! Can't wait to see your finished project, remember to come on down if you have any issues with the pattern!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started another one - this one actually a baby one! I'm using double stranded baby yarn - some weird stuff I picked up once that is blue and green and yellow. I'm just not sure if the intended Mom will like it - I'll post a pic later this evening. It's for my son's art teacher.

Must go put kiddos to bed!

Oh my goodness!!!!! Darski that is absolutely adorable. How did you do that? I would love to try that.

When you are working from the neck, do not add any stitches to go across the chest area. Fill that in later with other stitches/colours.

the pattern is under Spring Blizzard in Original patterns.

OK folks - here's an almost finished BICO - needs to be sewn and edged.

It's made with Peacock Baby yarn, 2 strands and a 6.5mm hook.

415760509_b36692fda7_m.jpg (clickable)

So what color do I edge it with - :think Baby's gender is not known... Is this too wild? :eek Is white too stark for an edge?

Thanks Tabby & Knic Knac for the suggestions. I edged a bit in yellow and a bit in cream and the yellow won hands down (dh, dd & ds) all voted for yellow (I was on the fence) My son claims he gets two votes as it is for his art teacher (baby due in April)!!

I sill need to assemble and edge - I was working on a hat first.

I originally posted in the "seeking patterns" section, asking for an easy baby sweater. KnicKnac was kind enough to direct me to this site. Wow! I couldn't believe how many posts there were. Thanks for not asking me if I was living under a rock! I just hadn't looked in the CAL section. Anyway, I started this on Thursday and finished this morning. It was fun and easy. I started out using WW (Bernat improved softness) yarn, thinking I would just practice. I love my finished sweater, and will use it for our real baby granddaughter (due any day now). I only used 1 strand of WW - it is tiny, but then, babies are very tiny when they're first born - so I think it will fit. Here's my picture and thanks for the pattern!

Joni

thumb.jpg

Simply GORGEOUS! It's totally awesome! Great job! Be careful tho, these are a bit addicting!

now knicKnac, don't lie to the nice lady... You know these are COMPLETELY addicting :rofl:yes

Joni that one is so cute. I love the pink and white look. So what colours for your next one :think:hook

Um... Like, me? :yes I am addicted and I'm not seeking help. :lol I don't even know how many I've made, and I just bought yarn to make yet another one!! I still have one I haven't even given to the person I made it for yet... :P

Joni your little white and pink one is so sweet. Congratulations, by the way! I just got a new niece and a new nephew and I still haven't seen either one yet. (Heard my nephew cry though, over the phone; and 'talk'.) :c9

Ginny are you taking a picture of it finished before you give it to the teacher? I think the yellow would look the best for an edging, too. (I don't think it's too bright, by the way.)

Tina

Thanks for the nice compliments everybody. My daughter-in-law LOVED the sweater. She was admitted to the hospital today and will probably have the baby tomorrow - so I made it just in the nick of time. You're right - I'm already planning my next one. So many choices of yarns - I'm definitely addicted and not seeking help either!

Joni

Thanks for the nice compliments everybody. My daughter-in-law LOVED the sweater. She was admitted to the hospital today and will probably have the baby tomorrow - so I made it just in the nick of time. You're right - I'm already planning my next one. So many choices of yarns - I'm definitely addicted and not seeking help either!

Joni

See perfect timing with a BICO. :wlol

I am pleased that it went over so well but how could it not. ::cheerit really was so sweet.

Let us know how it goes with your new little one. Pictures are sort of mandatory...knicknac made a rule or something like that.:eek:no (we really need a Pinocchio smilie)

I originally posted in the "seeking patterns" section, asking for an easy baby sweater. KnicKnac was kind enough to direct me to this site. Wow! I couldn't believe how many posts there were. Thanks for not asking me if I was living under a rock! I just hadn't looked in the CAL section. Anyway, I started this on Thursday and finished this morning. It was fun and easy. I started out using WW (Bernat improved softness) yarn, thinking I would just practice. I love my finished sweater, and will use it for our real baby granddaughter (due any day now). I only used 1 strand of WW - it is tiny, but then, babies are very tiny when they're first born - so I think it will fit. Here's my picture and thanks for the pattern!

Joni

thumb.jpg

Your sweater is almost identical to the one I made a few weeks ago for a preemie. Alas, I wrapped the gift before I took any photos (which I planned to post here.) I was thrilled to see your picture since it it so similar.

I made mine using white Caron Simply Soft and I used some pale pink Lion Brand Jiffy for the trim.

This is an awesome pattern. So far I have made 3 preemie sweaters using it. Each one was quick and easy. :cheer

Picture time (clickable). details later - must take dd to ballet!

420017864_62a82e8f32_m.jpg

420017857_79fd195131_m.jpg

I love your BICO. The yellow trim really makes it special. I am currently working on one and I'd like to add a hat and booties. I like the ones you have with yours. Could you share the pattern for them? Thanks.

Pat A.

I love your BICO. The yellow trim really makes it special. I am currently working on one and I'd like to add a hat and booties. I like the ones you have with yours. Could you share the pattern for them? Thanks.

Pat A.

Not sure how much help I can be with the hat pattern - I wanted to keep the hdc to match the BICO - all the baby hat patterns I could find were sc. I kind of based it on the LB velvetspun hat pattern (without the top knot) and I used my daughters 22 inch "big baby" doll to size the hat. I know started with 8hdc in a ring - increased to 16, 24, even row, 32, 40, even rows until long enough to cover the dolls ears! Then I did two rows of yellow to match the BICO edging.

The booties were a variation on Bev's Very Easy Booties as I was using double stranded baby yarn. I basically made then to match her measurements, not her row counts.

Hope this helps!

DO you guys remember way back last fall when we first started making these... some of you who were making it with ww instead of Homespun were noticing the lines from RS/WS rows didn't match up on the front panels?

Well, when I finally made one in "non-homespun" yarn, I couldn't deal with that lack of symmetry :eek so I modified the pattern in order to allow the RS/WS row pattern to continue uninterrupted. Details are on this blog post. Let me know if it doesn't make sense (and you want it to) LOL!

Archived