Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love all the sweaters! I am half way done with my first ever wearable and I love this pattern so far. :hook

I will post a pic when I am done.

Oooo. I missed this post. I love :manyheart pics so I'm just sitting here waiting for them :hyper

Here is my BICO!! It was easier than I ever imagined. :) YAY.

I just have to make the buttons. But I was so excited to post that I couldn't wait. This is the first "wearable" I have ever ever made. :hook

IMG_0097.jpg

Here is my BICO!! It was easier than I ever imagined. :) YAY.

I just have to make the buttons. But I was so excited to post that I couldn't wait. This is the first "wearable" I have ever ever made. :hook

IMG_0097.jpg

What kind of yarn and color did you use? Great Job!:yes

Can you believe this? I started a second sweater and I am absolutely STUMPED on the first sleeve!!! I simply cannot believe it.

sorry, I missed this. what is causing the problem? Can I help somehow?

I can't figure out how to start the first sleeve. :(

For some reason I just can't figure it out. I can't figure out how to attach it after I chain 15. Then I get confused because it says to crochet across for 55 stitches. What am I missing??

I can't figure out how to start the first sleeve. :(

For some reason I just can't figure it out. I can't figure out how to attach it after I chain 15. Then I get confused because it says to crochet across for 55 stitches. What am I missing??

Ok, you chain your 15 stitches then you pic up the back piece that you have already made and work your hdc across that as usual and then you will begin another chain (16) that forms the base for the other sleeve.

On your next row, you will likely have those 55 stitches. I am assuming that you will have 15 hdc for a sleeve, 25 hdc for the back and another 15 hdc for the other sleeve.

THANKYOU!! I think that's it. :)

The instructions can seem a bit :eek strange :eek when you are sitting there with a hook and a chain row in your hand..

" ch 15 and do what ???" :rofl

• 4 weeks later...

ok I would like to make on for a newborn and one for my 3 year old. Darski, I read your instructions for size 3(or close to it) but i would like to make it into a pull over and i have no idea how. I have never crocheted a sweater b4. Please help.

ok I would like to make on for a newborn and one for my 3 year old. Darski, I read your instructions for size 3(or close to it) but i would like to make it into a pull over and i have no idea how. I have never crocheted a sweater b4. Please help.

I want to make a bigger bico too!!

I made "The World's Easiest sweater" and it WAS easy and you can make it big too.

Try this link.

http://www.angelfire.com/va/thevelvetpumpkin/sweater.html

• 1 month later...

hi again Britt! I've been thinking about making one of these for quite some time, but have never gotten around to it. I should put it on my list, otherwise it will never get done!

I printed it out and I think I have some yarn already at home I could use we could start togther. My goal for her is to have a basket full of handmade things. I don't think anybody else will do that. I know how much I love handmade things for my girls. See ya here soon:manyheart

• 2 months later...
I have a question. If you want to make a pullover BICO--how do you do that??

What I did for mine was to work the sleeve sections only on the two fronts and then put them together and work the rest of the front in one piece.

S362-1.jpg

There seems to be some interest forming in this CAL again. I will subscribe to this to answer questions if I can. It is a great pattern and one you never get over.

You're right Darski. I have one I haven't finished yet. It's been a wip for a while now. Maybe I'll take it out and finish it. :yes

• 4 weeks later...

I just started my 1st BICO and doing the 12month size but somehow on Row20 * really 21 because of doing the 12 month size* i didn't end up with the 24sts to hdc at the end of that row:think Does anyone think it will still be okay or should i just rip it all out and start all over ?

Archived