Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darski can you please tell me where I can find the pattern, the first page where its posted says page not found.

Thanks,

Carol

I am so sorry that I missed this post. I will put this back on my subscribe list.

I was away most of yesterday and just missed it completely. :blush

:hug

Hi Darski, its okay I don't expect you to see every post. Sharon was kind enough to post it for me so I printed it out. I know I had it but couldn't find it. Thank you for answering me.

Carol

P.S. I sold one I had to a friend of mine and she wanted to know if I could make one for her and I told her I wasn't good at figuring out how to enlarge it to her size and I see a lot of people want it in bigger sizes. Have you ever done it in an adult size?

The basic way of making it larger is to work to the size you want it to be with your natural gauge. if you have done one of these you can find your gauge.

Then find the size you need from the standard size chart. You will want to add 2 inches of ease to the size as printed. *that would be 1 inch of ease on each side

Let's say that you get 4 sts to the inch and you need to get 10.5 inches plus your 2 inches. 12.5 X 4 = 50 sts. Since I never use a ch 2 in place of a hdc, I would ch 51 and work hdc in 2nd ch from hook and each across.

To be honest I am more likely to just chain a chain as long as I want and just eyeball all the parts like length and sleeve additions. <<my bad >> :rofl

Okay, I'm officially in. :cheer I bought my yarn last night. I purchased two skeins of Caron Simply Soft in the hot pink. They call it watermelon :think -- not sure why. I'm going to use two strands together with a J hook. :crocheting I'm doing the 6 month size pattern. I'll be back when I run into any questions...

Well I have my BICO sweater done. It turned out smaller than I wanted but should still fit my granddaughter who is one month old. It's about a 3 month size according to the baby size chart.

post-10977-135897463619_thumb.jpg

I crocheted this using 2 strands of Caron Simply Soft Watermelon and trim is Bernat Baby Boucle fancy free. It looks red in the photo but really is more of a hot pink in real life. I added a hat to match the sweater to complete the outfit.

Well I have my BICO sweater done. It turned out smaller than I wanted but should still fit my granddaughter who is one month old. It's about a 3 month size according to the baby size chart.

[ATTACH]10414[/ATTACH]

I crocheted this using 2 strands of Caron Simply Soft Watermelon and trim is Bernat Baby Boucle fancy free. It looks red in the photo but really is more of a hot pink in real life. I added a hat to match the sweater to complete the outfit.

Oh..........isnt that pretty! :hook

okay... I have one started for my newest grandbaby that is due any day now. Lets see if I can get it done before he gets here. :think

:heart

:mug

Okay... here we go........ I'm gettin' there.

I have this much done so far. I need to sew it up.. edge it and buttons. :whew

post-18634-135897463663_thumb.jpg

Thanks darski!!

You know.. I'm not totally sure what I'm going to edge it in. I thought about using a different shade of blue.. I thought of a nice tan color... and thought of just going with the blue its made of.

buttons will just be simple round buttons. I think :think LOL

Okay... here we go........ I'm gettin' there.

I have this much done so far. I need to sew it up.. edge it and buttons. :whew

Tam,

Your sweater looks great. :cheer I love that shade of blue. What yarn did you use and sweater size was yours? As I wrote above, my sweater turned out smaller than I wanted so I will be making another bigger sweater soon.

Tam,

Your sweater looks great. :cheer I love that shade of blue. What yarn did you use and sweater size was yours? As I wrote above, my sweater turned out smaller than I wanted so I will be making another bigger sweater soon.

Thanks Cindy!!! I used a shade of blue from Caron Simply Soft. I'm not sure of the exact color due to the label being gone as the yarn came from my Aunt that loves to share her stash with me. :hook

I used an I hook ... so it seems to be a great newborn almost premie size.

I need to get to work on finishing it today.... my son took his wife to the hospital a couple hours ago with possible contractions.............. :yay I could have grandbaby #7 born today!!!:c9

I need to get to work on finishing it today.... my son took his wife to the hospital a couple hours ago with possible contractions.............. :yay I could have grandbaby #7 born today!!!:c9

Oh that is exciting news! :yay Best wishes on the arrival of your next grandbaby! :manyheart

Tam and Cindy love those baby sweaters. I may have to make a couple of these to have on hand with matching hats. You never know when you might need a set :-)

Tam and Cindy love those baby sweaters. I may have to make a couple of these to have on hand with matching hats. You never know when you might need a set :-)

Thanks hon!

yeah... a couple on hand would be neat. :hook

Archived