Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the link for the sweater is working, that is why this CAL hasn't been going for so long. None of the links work. Sorry.

Did anyone ever find the pattern for this cute little sweater?

These were a lot of fun to make. I made both of them today after finally finding the pattern. I will be making lots of these, I'm sure.

Baby sweater

Baby It's Cold Outside baby sweater

Has anyone located the chart with the larger sizes? I've done a few BICOs for babies, and love the pattern, but would like to try larger sizes.

Thanks!

Kris

once you know the technique it does not take much to move up sizes. You need to know your own gauge in the yarn you plan to use to devise the pattern but to be honest, I just make a chain as long as I want the thing to be and just go from there. I did the same thing for my 3X as I did for my size 3 child's version.

hi,

I tried to take a look at the pattern, but said page not found? Do you have another link?

You can find the pattern at "Crochet Me" Here is a link: http://crochetme.com/patterns/baby-its-cold-outside

If for some reason that does not work, just go to crochetme.com. Then go to "patterns." The BICO pattern is in the "cardigans" section.

Hope this helps! :hook

Maybe a moderator could fix the link in the original post??

• 5 months later...

This is just a blatent Bump for this CAL so it is easier to find when I need it :wlol

I did just make another BICO on Saturday :yay The bad part is that it was made with mohair/wool yarn :( ok <<my bad>> It will fit a baby doll that a certain little girl loves dearly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yikes! I have a baby shower in three days, and no gift! The only yarn I have in stash that would be even remotely appropriate is some heather pink woolease, and since it doesn't get that cold in Seattle, I'm thinking I'll just do it singled. I would love to do a different stitch pattern since I'm going with untextured yarn- hmm. Gotta pull out the encyclopedia. Can't be too complicated since I haven't done this pattern before. I will have to run to get a contrasting yarn for trim, and then for a hat if I have time- wish me godspeed!

Julie, BICOs are fast so if you have all the yarn you should be able to finish it in no time. I started another BICO just the other day; but ran out of the yarn I need, and can't find it anywhere. :angry (Lion Boucle, in 'Snow Cone'...)

mclendon, there might be another link. Did you try going through the most recent posts? I noticed that link wasn't working, too; and posted something about it a few pages back. I don't know if anyone has a new link or not...

mclendon, Darski had posted this one or two pages back. Don't know if that will help, or not... Found this post on page one, first post, too. :hook I suppose that would work for any size...

once you know the technique it does not take much to move up sizes. You need to know your own gauge in the yarn you plan to use to devise the pattern but to be honest, I just make a chain as long as I want the thing to be and just go from there. I did the same thing for my 3X as I did for my size 3 child's version.

I tried to go to the chart for upsizing, but I get an error saying the link is broken. Any suggestions?

Here is a link that works:

http://sites.google.com/site/knicknac123/Home/bico-chart

I made my first BICO a few weeks ago, however, I used the wrong hook and it is too small for the intended recipient, so need to make another. If interested it is on my blog (addy in siggy - just scroll down)

It was really quick and I'll be making some more.

Thanks, Michele. I wish we could just update the first post so every few pages we don't have to do this again. :blush

Here is a link that works:

http://sites.google.com/site/knicknac123/Home/bico-chart

Tammy, I saw your BICO on your blog, it's cute. :yes Sorry it turned out too small. At least you will have one for next time a boy is born?... :shrug

Archived