How many hooks do you own?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh dear..I can get my hands on at least 86..at last count anyway..there are at least three that have gone walkies that I know about...that includes steel, aluminium and plastic, from .75mm - 15mm ..and I still keep an eye out for more!?!?!?!

edited to add: ugh..and the two broken ones.....AND two bone..sad...very sad

I have at least 100, some of them are antiques that have been passed down from generations, some are fancy collectible hooks that I don't use, and some are sets that I got from my aunt, I also have the very fist set my aunt bought me as a little girl, and many other's that friends and family have purchased for me over the years, including afghan hooks, crochet on a roll hooks and double ended hooks. I think a need a couple more though as my largest hook is only a Q.

Ok, I have 23 and this weekend I found a cute little shop in Murphy's California called Knit Knacks (KnitKnacks.com - check it out) and bought three more Brittany hooks!! Sooooo . . . . . I am up to 26! My 8 year old has the Crystalite collection plus 4 others so she has 14!!

After post 54 new count is: :hook = 1000

:hook :hook :hook

:hook :hook :hook + 30

I love hearing the stories along with the count. Especially the ones about passing down hooks from one generation to the next. That just reinforces that crochet is a timeless art.

:eek 112 and I did not count the ones I have in a tin. I had no idea that I had that many. I do have 3 complete sets of regular size hooks and steel hooks. Why 3......well I don't know :think but I don't want to part with them and I do have a good selection of the tunisian and double ended hooks.

Not enough. I'm always loosing one or the other so I try to buy 2 of each of the sizes I use most. I have an H hook that is hidding from me and I've looked everyqhere for it (so I had to get 2 others), when I finish the projects I have with an H hook, and don't have a particular use for the size at the moment, it will turn up. Usually, that's the way it happens around here. :lol

I have been looking for a size D hook and have not been able to buy one. Does anyone know where I could get one (outside of a set?)

Thanks!

Cloty ;)

I have about 10 thread hooks and probably 12 aluminum or plastic hooks. No wood, no bone, no special, no homemade, no......I am so far behind! :eek

I have a total of 77 - including full sets of steel, plastic, aluminum and

bamboo and many other assorted including woods and afghans! :yes

26-28. More or less.

My MOTHER, who has had the benefit of 30 more years and two large mixed bags from Goodwill, has close to 100. About two full sets of steels, enough Bates & Boyes to outfit a craft shop, and a smattering of double ended, tunisian and broomstick hooks. I got her an "organizer" once and it didn't help. I mean, what kind of organizer has space for 5 different K hooks?

I just counted what's in the living room, I have 35 here and at least another 5 specialty (double end etc) hooks. You can put me down for 40. If I find more I'll let you know! lol!:lol

I have 20. I am working on getting more.

There is no such thing as "TOO MANY" hooks and you ladies in the triple digit range are proof of that:lol .

I guess I have so little because I do have my favorites. I have a green alunimun K hook that no longer has the paint on it. I crocheted it to death.:lol

Not enough because I "until recently" I could never find the size needed at the right time.

BUT

I broke down and bought a set of the Clover Soft Touch's that come in a roll... and so far.. knock on wood.. I haven't misplaced any of those yet. I think it's because I love them so much and don't wanna lose them, I'm extra careful.

Apparently, a "set" can consist of as mfew as two and as many as (how much did that person say?) 131?.

I looked up to see just how many sizes there are. So, I went here to a conversion chart:http://members.tripod.com/TheCrochetNetwork1/crochetuniversity/hookconversion.html

Looks like if you had every hook in that list that would be 30 for a complete set. Although, when I looked for crochet hook sets, most came in sets of 14 for steel hooks ( 00 to 14) and usually 10 in B thru K.(1-10 1/2). So far that is the only info I found.

Oh yeah, count is:

:hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook + 509

• 1 month later...

i um "borrow" from my grandmom (with no intent to return unless asked) :hook

i think i have like 30 right now

10 of which i bought

(theres 18 in my bag... but i keep my hooks with the project so im guessing for the rest)

i have one of hers right now and she told me i'll be in deep trouble if i steal it lol (i started a baby blanket at her house and didnt want to change the hook... because of gauge... and she wasent useing it so i took it home)

its her favorite hook, a blue K susan bates

i want lots of hooks because i tend to have lots of UFO's and i like to keep the hook with it

right now they all fit in a circular pencil bag :)

my favorite hook is a bright blue susan bates H, i love the color (but K is my favorite size)

Archived