How many hooks do you own?

I have somewhere between 40 & 50. Of that amount I have a set each of aluminum and plastic of the same sizes....susan bates. Then I have a set up the bigger sizes crystalites. I have a couple of HUGE hooks - Q's I think they are?? then some steel hooks. Oh and afghan hook. I'll have to count them all up. But know it's 40 at least...because I also have old Boye hooks and other assorted hooks that came with kits.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've lost count, but definitely over 20. I have a bunch of the Clover ones with the flat plastic handle. I love those--so easy on my hands! However, I always misplace them, so I buy another (then find the missing one). Oh well, I can put a hook with each of my WIPs (I don't have too many WIPs at one time, usually).

I just counted my hooks........... I have 13 alum. & 13 ateel crochet hooks. ( I guess thats my lucky no. ) Some of the steel hooks I have were my G. Grandmothers. Some have 10 & 15 cents stamped right in the metal. One a size 12 has a metal cover to protect the tip. I guess 26 is not a huge amount. I thought I had a lot!!!!!!!! Margi

• 1 month later...

Lets see, I've got two sets of F-K, so that's 12 there, plus I have another G and K at work, so that's 14 and a wooden G that I just picked up and a D. 16 now... And a set of 5 or 6 steel thread hooks that I think I've used twice, so that's up to 21 or so. Wow! I didn't realize I had that many! I also just sent a handfull off to Vickietoria for her project or I'd have even more!

I probably have three dozen. I keep one with whatever I'm working on, so I won't forget what size hook I was using. There are a few down the couch cushions, or under the couch,and I know at least 3 have fallen under the porch through the slats, since I love to crochet on the porch.

I forget a few at my mom inlaw's and my dad's, from time to time.

They turn up from time to time, luckily! I taught my neighbor's daughter to crochet, too, so I loan her some, or end up giving them to her and buying new ones so I will have every size I need. Crocheting can get to be an expensive habit!:lol [but a fun one to pass on!]

OK< for the sake of accuracy, I counted them- 41, including a couple of treasured ones that belonged to my grandma, who passed away in 1957- one is a size 12 steel crochet hook, and the other is ivory, @ size c or d.......

• 2 weeks later...

I only own 8. :scared it may be a small amount, but I only have one of each size that I use (except for the 5.0 [H] hooks, there's two of those) :hook It keeps the clutter down, though if I lost one I wouldn't have a backup, would I...hmmmm, an excuse...:devil

Archived