How many hooks do you own?

It was asked in another thread how many hooks there were in all of Crochetville! Do you think we can get together a rough count??? I own 14 including some doubles....How many do you have?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just inherited some hooks when my grandmother passed away, so with hers and the ones I had I have there are 28. This includes an afgahan hook I haven't used in a while, and 5 thread crochet hooks I inherited but am not brave enough to try yet.

I have 53. That counts yarn, thread, afghan, all of them. I have 2 & 3 of some sizes & 5 Gs. I use them when teaching classes for those who for whatever reasons don't have their own. I don't loan my steel hooks tho. They"re vintage Lee Wards in a green case & go fromm 00 to 15.

I have 53. Including afghan, steel, yarn etc. Some of my yarn hooks I have more than 1. I have 5 size Gs. I use my yarn hooks a lot in my classes & loan them to students who for whatever reason don't have their own. I do not loan my vintage steel hooks tho. They're Lee Wards, in a green plastic case in sizes from 00 to 15. My pride & joy. Yes I still use them.

Mrs. Principal.......you are very lucky to get an inheritence like that! And I send my sympathies for your loss.....You are brave enough to ride a motorcycle but crocheting in Thread scares you???!!!:think Just kidding of course....I know you will try it one day when you get good and ready!!! Wow! Nan -Nan....you are Never going to run out of hooks:hook

I have 87 (yes, I counted!) in my bag, which includes several of the same sizes, two complete Lee Ward steel hooks in green case, two afghan hooks, and two sets of knitting needles, (even though I don't knit), one circular set and one straight set, I inherited several of these from four different people.

I have 29 assorted hooks. Never much thought about until I read this post! I figured I had about 10, then I went and counted. This should be an interesting count if bunches of people reply. Are you keeping a tally? So far including my 11th post, there is a count of 310 so far!.

I have 84! This is not counting the pile of hooks I have to give, sell whatever one of these days (mostly old thread hooks) Also didn't count afghan hooks-with those-probably 90.

I have 131 hooks. They are aluminum, steel, plastic, wood and some I'm not sure what they are made of. A few I had purchased, I'm the only serious crocheter in the family so when my grandmother (who was also in possesion of my great-grandmother's crochet hooks) and my aunt and an aunt in my sister-in-laws family passed away I received all the crochet hooks, patterns, etc.

Ok, my bad, I didn't count right. After post 11 there were so far 339 hooks. Now , after I checked since I posted yesterday, there are 607 hooks here at post 17. Cshort has an abundance of hooks at 131! LOL!! Folks, I bet we have thousands of hooks, maybe 10s of thousands of hooks at Crochetville! One little green smiley = 100 hooks. Tally as of 9:30 p.m. Wednesday is:

:hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook +7

I'm pretty sure I have 2 complete sets and then probably another 2-3 sets of the larger hooks. I really need to count one day...right now they're scattered among projects - oh and I have some double-ended and crochetnit ones as well. I guess I'll have to get back to you on this one:think

Okay. Now that I've sorted my hooks - I have a total of 79 hooks.

I even made a spreadsheet so I know what I'm missing for hooks......

I'm glad this post was made, it made me organize everything. Now I won't be able to find anything!!:hook :hook :hook :hook

haven't actually counted, but somewhere between 50-60, maybe a few more. I have a complete set of Martha Stuart ebony hooks(don't use). A set of MOEZ tunisian hooks, short and long, a set of Brittany hooks (I love) Susan bates set, etc., etc.:hook

At the moment I have 16 hooks. I have a bunch more at my mom's house, but I recently moved and was scared to death that airport security would take my grandmother's Lee Ward thread hooks away from me, so I left them at home.

I have 8 steel hooks (some inherited from my best friend's grandmother), 8 aluminum hooks (4 are size F), 4 plastic hooks (hate em, but take them along when I'm going somewhere I might lose or break one:yuck ), 4 wood hooks (love these!:manyheart ), and 2 afghan hooks (1 aluminum and 1 wood). So 26 in all.

Archived