How many hooks do you own?

Good Lord, I lost track ages ago. Not only that, but I recently tried a Susan Bates hook and fell in love...I went out and bought a set of those. Now I'm searching for a suitable hook to use with yarn that splits too much (my other post on the Forum)...I'm probably going to end up with 50, too!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 2 sets of the 5 basic aluminum sizes. I have 3 Tunisian Hooks. So that is either 8 or 13 depending on who you look at it. My next acquisition will be a set of steel hooks for doiles. I'm a slow procurer.

The way I understand this thread is count all you own! As of today with the counts above, I see we have a total of:

Since it has been a while, remember :hook = 1000

:hook :hook :hook

:hook :hook :hook + 731

And to answer the question if you have 100 hooks, do you need or use them all? Well, I think it kinda is a collection and love of the tools of crochet besides just having a large stash. Some of the history, some of beauty, some of lost hooks in a WIP, heck, I don't have that many, so I can just speculate! But, I can understand the desire to attach memories with the hooks you inherit. I think of my grandmother every time I use one of her steel hooks. Keep this up and I will keep count! :hook

Aluminum, wood, plastic, and steel. A few duplicate.... I own....

*drumroll*

33. Not too bad for a 4 month collection? Haven't lost any (permanently :lol) yet!

Currently I only own SEVEN hooks!! I have a Susan Bates 6-pack of aluminum hooks size f to K, except that my daughter lost the F hook, so I only have 5 of them. Then I have an N hook and a Q hook, and that's it! I used to have a plastic F through K set that I used for airplane trips (we lived in Iceland, and it was an 18 hour trip from Keflavik to South Florida where our family was). They've all gotten lost along the way, and since I rarely fly anymore I haven't bought any more plasatic ones. I really don't like them much!!

I have 64. When I started crocheting I had only one or two, and that was enough for years. 2,5-3,5 mm's. For a long time I would only buy a hook when I needed a certain new size. But when I found the online communities I got bitten by the crochetbug in a completely different way, and over the last year I must have bought maybe 50 of my 64. I've been scavenging 2nd hand stores, and buying them online. Some even made their way to me by RAOK's. And I hope to keep expanding my collection, there are still sizes I don't have. :hook:manyheart

Oh, I forgot the Tunisian ones, I think that lands me at 68.

I have 19, 5 are double ended, and one that looks like a knitting needle but has a hook on the end instead of a point. My hooks are mostly boye and mostly alum. I have a couple of the plastic ones but can't get used to the feel of them. But definately not enough, it seems I am always on the floor under the recliner end of the sofa (one of my favorite places to crochet), or on the floor under my bed( another favorite place0 because the my hoook is missing again:think Also have two sets of knitting needles, I decided a few years back to teach myself to knit (I bought the I taught myself to knit kit) but so far, they are down low on my list of things to do.

So many stitches...so little time...:)

• 4 months later...

OOOODLES, of them. I have aluminum and plastic. I am really becoming found of the plastic hooks. They feel more comfortable in my fingers when I am crocheting especially when i go really fast! Although, I am thinking of purchasing some wooded or bamboo to see how they feel, in my hands.

I did a blog post here when this question was brought up on another list I'm on. Since that I have bought 2 more hooks! I got 2 addi hooks to try them out. So all totaled I have 54 hooks give or take.

I just did an inventory check... 55 hooks, plus 1 afghan hook.( No one breathes a word of this to my darling husband!!!) About 20 of these are extremely tiny thread hooks that i inherited from my late step-mom a few years ago. Some of these are Milwards. I doubt i could ever use them but its nice just to take them out and look at/feel them. I'm sure there's a few more hooks that my DDs have "borrowed" from me:devil., and I think one of my residents at the Home might have snaked a couple off to her room!

I'm saving up to get some wooden hooks, hoping it'll be easier with my arthritis.

So now, what's the group total up to??

Denise

I have 11 in my possession at the moment. There are some at my mom's house and I doubt I'll ever see those again :(. I was going to go to the store after work today to pick up a few more, but since I am snowed in (we got 4 inches of snow + ice on top of that = I'm not driving or even trying to walk in this stuff, I don't want to break anymore bones) :lol, that will have to wait for a few days.

I have a package that I bought with six in it. And since a lot more of the patterns I have done are in a size F hook, I have a couple of extras of them. Plus a smaller size for the thread that I have. (Although it doesn't get much use) So I think that brings me up to 9 or 10. Wow that sounds like a lot, now that I count them. I guess that's amature compared to some of you though. :D

Archived