Bullion Stitch Pincushion New design

Katchkan

I took this morning off from my major projects I have going and decided to play a little. I had an idea for an edging that I wanted to try out. This is the results.Sometimes we just need to play and this morning was one of those for me.

I used size 10 thread in Dusty Rose, Frosty Green and Cream. I used a 7/1.65mm hook to create this one. I wanted to try an edging using the Bullion stitch so I took off from my Bullion stitch motif and created this pincushion. I think I like the edging. It measures 3 inches across. I could also be used as a sachet. The back side is a solid frosty green.

So What do you think?

Pictures are Clickable

th_BullionstitchPincushion.jpgth_BullionStitchpincushion1.jpgth_BullionStitchPincushion2.jpg

That's so lovely! I'm still following patterns. One day I hope to figure out how to just "play". I love your designs and this is another gorgeous one.

-craftymom

Wow!!!!! I love love that, Kathy! I use pins all the time and I'd love one......please please please? May I test again for you, Kathy? I've always wanted to try bullion stitch and this is a beautiful creation to try.

This is great! It looks so dainty and feminine. I haven't tried the bullion stitch, but it looks so great and textural. Great job:cheer

Gorgeous! The detail is superb! That is exactly the kind of pincushion I want. And that she comes up with "just playing..." (Hangs head and goes to hide her thread hooks away)

As always, an inspiration! I'm just stunned by your creativity, Kathy. Patty

The bullion edging is definitely an interesting look not seen everywhere and that's what makes this pincushion pattern (to me, anyway) most desirable. I think you achieved what you were aiming for! Great design!

Susan Rae

That is so fabulous! Makes me want to have a pin cushion just so I could make this! I love the color combinations, too! Is the brand Opera or something different? I love also how you have the bullions folded over and reclining on the edge. Super design!:clap

~ Lori

Archived