how about a plastic bag CAL?

I have never seen or heard of Sheetz here. :think

I finished another plastic bag tote bag, though! I really like this one. I want to keep it for myself. (I made it for my mom, though.) It's all out of white WalMart bags.

th_Picture947.jpg

(Clickable Image)

Now I want to do a blue and white striped one.

Tina

Tina ~~

Great looking bag!!

Linda :hook

http://photos.yahoo.com/yetieddy

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone.

Linda~ I love the black and white bag! It looks like a zebra stripe. Did you do it like that or was it just the way it came out? Really cool. :manyheart

Tina

Thank you everyone.

Linda~ I love the black and white bag! It looks like a zebra stripe. Did you do it like that or was it just the way it came out? Really cool. :manyheart

Tina

Tina~~

It was my husbands idea....he's my helper putting together the loops....he suggested why not do one that is one black strip then a white strip...so he made a big ball of plastic yarn for me and I crocheted it...turned out pretty cool looking huh? I'm going to try it with other colors too.

Looks like they're on the East Coast, mainly... Virginia, Pennsylvania... Oh well.

Thanks Barbara Jean! :)

Yeah, my sister works at one in eastern WV, I live in western WV and we don't even have them here. We always watch for them when we're traveling though.

Barbara Jean: the bags really are pretty...and they are really only on east coast, based out of altoona...mybe your sister could score you some? teehee... i stop there alot i think i'm gonna try to collect them

Wow Linda you are fast! I like that one, too. :hook

Tina

Thanks Tina!!!

My neighbor brought over about 5 bags from Disneyland she found in the back of her closet....I'm making a purse out of them right now......it's going to be a really neat looking design.

:cheer Crochetingfool, I just looked at your afghans and love them!

How many have you made so far? You must crochet faster than anyone I've ever seen! :eek Amazing!

Great idea about the plastic bags - i just through a bunch of them away yesterday, feeling guilty of wasting so many..... didn't think to crochet them!

:hug

:cheer Crochetingfool, I just looked at your afghans and love them!

How many have you made so far? You must crochet faster than anyone I've ever seen! :eek Amazing!

Great idea about the plastic bags - i just through a bunch of them away yesterday, feeling guilty of wasting so many..... didn't think to crochet them!

:hug

Jozzie,

I've crocheted 100's of afghans. These are pictures of afghans I've taken pictures of starting 3 years ago. Before that I never took pictures of my creations. I have about 20 left at home. I usually sell them at craft fairs. I am a pretty fast crocheter. I also work a full time job, I only crochet in my spare time...:lol :lol :lol

Well..... yes I am obsessed......you problably all know that by now. Went to Hancock Fabrics the other day.... saw a Dollar Tree so of course I had to check on their yarn lol then as I am walking to the fabric store....... I see a Party Time store!! I bought a roll of RED plastic tablecloth..... 40 inches by 100 ft. on sale.....6.49. NO sense of continuing to buy 1.00 tablecloths right? LOL And just think..... I can unroll this 20 feet a time, fold and fold it over on the 40 inches side. and then cut strips! yesssssss, no looping, just tying it together. So.... for those who sell their plastic creations and want special colors....... Party Time is the place or stores like it!

Here is another bag I made from black and white plastic bags....people are asking me to make a lot of them for beach bags as we live near the water.....this can turn into a "cash cow"!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/DKousmat58/Crochet/DCAM0004.jpg

Hope you like it , it is done in single crochets....but every 4th stitch in the first white row and the first black row I work in the row BELOW the place where I should have worked it, so there is the zig zaggy effect....

Here is another bag I made from black and white plastic bags....people are asking me to make a lot of them for beach bags as we live near the water.....this can turn into a "cash cow"!

Hope you like it , it is done in single crochets....but every 4th stitch in the first white row and the first black row I work in the row BELOW the place where I should have worked it, so there is the zig zaggy effect....

Your bag turned out beautiful!!! I love it! :cheer

Linda

Love the Bag! Question what would you charge for a bag like this since its recycled material? There is a lot of work that goes into making one of these. I have had a lot of requests but haven't done any for anyone other then family and they have been gifts of course.

Ooooh I am so in!!! I bookmarked the instructions, and I just went grocery shopping today. I have about 15 plastic bags. Is that enough? Well I guess it is to at least get started, right? :hook This is soooo exciting! I never thought to make something out of plastic bags.

Welcome Stacy! :clap This can get addictive, be careful! :lol

I went to get a gift off of a registry list at Target. When I was looking at the bag later, I saw on the side it says:

10 Ways to Reuse this bag:

1. Tiny Trashcan Liner

2. Doggy Duty

3. Water Balloon

4. Roadtrip Rubbish

5. Soggy Laundry

6. Ice Pack for Head Lump

7. Toiletry Tote

8. Kitty Litter Liner

9. Tomorrow's Lunchbag

10. Care Package Padding

Um... 11... Plastic Bag Tote? :think

Should I write them and tell them, or do one of you want to? :lol

Tina

Ive been so slack - mine has been sitting half finished for ages, need more "wool" - Im not entirly happy with it - esp after seeing these - but Ill finish and it will be my learner!

Im so in love with everyone elses though - you have all done such amazing work!!

Archived