how about a plastic bag CAL?

Bethany I love both of your bags WOW the brown is gorgeous :manyheart

This the the latest bag I made....I know it's boring but I wanted to use up some of the ugly white bags I had and since I did use up quite a few I'm happy with it... I used a J hook and it's all done in hdc :hook

IMG_0282.jpg

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope. I'm originally from Denver (which is why my parents have King Soopers and Albertsons) but I live in North Carolina. (I wish I were back in Colorado, so I'm jealous.)

At least at Christmas the King Soopers bags were the same color as the Harris Teeter ones, though. Maybe they've changed them in the meantime. On my first bag you literally can't tell where one stopped and the other started unless you look closely at the printing (the King Soopers were printed only in red, the Harris Teeter in red and black.)

I didn't know they had Krogers in Colorado, though. :-)

They don't have Krogers in Colorado. They were bags I saved from when we lived in Michigan. ;p Are the Albertsons bags the ones that are brown then? I could go shop there, and get me some brown bags to use with my tan Kroger bags!!

And Maria your bag is not 'ugly' at all! I love it!! :clap

Tina

Ah, that makes sense. No, the Albertsons bags are the white ones and the King Soopers are the brown.

I may need to snaffle some Albertsons bags from my Mom the next time I'm home, I think they'd look good with my blue newspaper bags.

Maria -- I like the blue and white bags at the top of your bag. What sort of bags are they?

The bags are milk bags, the outer bag that holds the 3 milk bags...as most peoples pictures the color isn't true, it's really purple on the bags. I used up all I had that's why I only used it as an accent other than for the whole project...

Alright, I'm a little nutty about this project....

My local economy grocery store doesn't even bag your groceries. Instead they put all the boxes on a shelf after the checkouts and you BOX your own. Well, people often bring in their grocery bags and leave them for others to use. I nearly ran an old lady over getting to the BIG Wal-Mart bag that had all the old BLUE bags in it. Brought them ALL home... Went through my stash of bags and found a bunch more Wal-Mart bags from when they were blue, too. Now trying to decide if I should save them for my NEXT project (the swimming bag) and use the plain clear grocery bags for my clothespin holder. Hmmm.... I think so.

I hear you guys there. The other night I think I spent 15 mintues digging around the recycling bin at a local health-food store, getting all the way down to the bottom looking for matching bags. I think the people who worked there probably thought I was nuts. I'm not sure they're wrong.

I got a great haul, though: three bags' full. I now have a plastic bag stash. This scares me.

All the bags are coming out great:manyheart ....and I agree Crazeemoi, it is very addictive.....and especially good for woman who are always saying their husbands are complaining about the cost of yarn/thread:blush

OK, in a moment of lucidity, I decided to drop the clothespin bag from my list...just too many other things to do - maybe I'll come back to this and start over sometime.

BUT, I do have a whole batch of blue Wal-Mart bags here (some already cut) if anyone wants them. Are you desperate enough to explain why someone mailed you plastic bags? :laughroll

BUT, I do have a whole batch of blue Wal-Mart bags here (some already cut) if anyone wants them. Are you desperate enough to explain why someone mailed you plastic bags? :laughroll

You mean to our husbands? :think My husband already knows I'm nuts. :lol I would LOVE the blue WalMart bags, if no one else has already asked you for them, Krystal! :bounce That is one of the things on my Crochetville wishlist! I can't find blue ones any more around here. Thank you in advance! :hug

Tina

This is my latest creation.<a href=th_plastictote2.jpg' alt='th_plastictote This tote was made with plastic bags from the local supermarket. The yellows and greens were bags my dil had. They were from Disneyworld. This was a fun project, but my hand is hurting.

Nice job, Sprtsbear! I love the colors.... now I'll have to figure out a reason to go to Disneyworld (dialogue w/ dh: Why? well, it's not the rollercoasters or the exhibits, honey, I just need some of the bags they use there....) :rofl

I know, crocheting with plastic bags hurts my hands, too. I have to take breaks. :P

I have found that if I cut the plastic loops thinner like 1/2-2/3 of an inch wide and if I use a thinner plastic.....and do single crochets...there are no problems...the work just flies by:hook

That is really nice Crazee Moi, thanks for sharing the link with us!....Imagine....30 bucks from something you probably would have thrown in the garbage!!!!:hook :hook :hook crochet is so cool!

That would be a cool plastic bag, bag to make!! :P It looks like it's just a plain circle in the back loops only, then folded in half... :think:hook

Tina

I hate my plastic bag bag, i made increases in strange places - not sure what i was thinking - and the thought of unpicking scares me.

But i will persevere, im just even more behind now :(

well team here is my finished bag. As a first attempt I think it turned out ok. I used the spiral cut technique and then knotted the ends to get a continuous thread. I was impressed at how the colours turned out as I didnt realise how pretty the blue was. They are not from the same dye lot :lol so there are some slight variations. The bags are from out Woolworths Supermarket. I had fun doing this.

Thanks for putting me onto this!

img78978sz.jpg

Cupcake- I never saw your bag! It turned out great!! I love the blue, and the stripes are cool. How did I miss it? :clap

Xampx- I have frogged a couple rows, too. It isn't hard to do. In fact, the bag I finished (a couple/few pages back), I totally made a huge mistake and didn't notice it until I was almost done. (When I started the blue stripe, I used a sc.) The rest of the bag is done in hdcs.... :blush I was so mad. But, not mad enough to rip it out and redo it.

Tina

Thanks . I gave it to my secretary who is a mad recycler. She uses is to carry her library books in. I have done another one which is a bit more random which I will post when I get arround to it.

Archived