how about a plastic bag CAL?

This should help you out on the oval shape Mom w/a motif....

http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa100299.htm?nl=1

It is for a rug but ,of course ,you can make it smaller!

And I am looking forward to seeing your totebag Becca!

It seems to me that people either really love crocheting with plastic, or really hate it.......there do not seem to be a "Well ,I guess it's OK...." kinda opinions!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol Lady Crochet, well I love/hate it. I like it, but it really hurts my hands, so I can't do it for as long as I could normal crochet (with yarn). Thanks for the link to the oval rug I'll take a look at it later.

Tina

I am having no trouble with it whatsoever, it doesn't hurt me at all....perhaps I am useing lighter plastic or I am cutting it thinner, I use SCs, maybe that has something to do with it???? And I work with small balls of plastic, like a baseball size, then when it is done I make some more....maybe that keeps my hands and wrists from hurting? I don't know, but I wish I did so I could help those of you who are having troubles with this!

Doesn't hurt me either....... but.... I have been crocheting with plastic for over 5 years. I dunno, I use an N (use to use L)hook and do hdc, seldom do I do sc. I try to pay attn to how i crochet with plastic..... I think I might hold my wrist stiff

Has anyone thought of making AJ'S Dog Bone Mat??? I have no dogs but so want to make it! I am thinking of using just kroger bags since they are all brownish. I have some Cat Mat patterns too and thought ......ooooooh do it with the bags. But I dont have a cat either! LOL

i did something really cool last night, now keep in mind i dont care about what my tote looks like, i ran out of white bags but i have these colored ones, so i cut those up and made the yarn but i joined them randomly and it makes a really neat varigation...well thats all, i thought it was cool anyhow :)

:mail I got a box of bags from my mom today! :clap Some white ones, and tan ones. But there's a few light green ones that are really cool looking! And a couple bright yellow ones... And she rolled up every single bag. They look like a box full of roses or something. :manyheart (My fourteen year old said, 'Sha must have nothing better to do with her time.' :P

th_Picture988.jpg

I took a couple of pictures but they all turned out blurry like this, sorry.

Becca I can't wait to see how your bag turns out!

Tina

I was doing so well on my plastic bag. We are dogsitting my daughter's dogs (a beagle & a basset hound) while they are on a mini-vacation. Mr. Basset Hound apparently has a love of plastic bags..... you guessed it! He got into it and chewed a hole into it (on the bottom). I frogged it to the hole and will have to start over. *sigh* I am not a happy crocheter!

Well I seem to be here and gone and here and gone, but now I'm here :cheer . And this looks very interesting to me, checked out Marlo's page, and finally know what to do with all those Wal-Mart bags I have everywhere! So, I'm gonna get started, and show ya what happens when you give me a hook and a wally world bag.:hook

Ada

Thanks for the sympathy ladies! I'm going to have to start from scratch... After the dogs go home! Mr. Basset also got into my knitting bag and somehow got my Clover Bamboo knitting needles out of their pouch and chewed them up. I was so upset! My daughter IS going to replace those. My things must be so interesting. I've put everything away so there are no more disasters. They are coming today to pick up their dogs.

BTW Mr. Basset was inside because he was yowling & barking so much outside that I was afraid the neighbors would start to complain. It's amazing how much trouble Mr. B gets into when I leave him unattended for 3 minutes....

Thanks for the sympathy ladies! I'm going to have to start from scratch... After the dogs go home! Mr. Basset also got into my knitting bag and somehow got my Clover Bamboo knitting needles out of their pouch and chewed them up. I was so upset! My daughter IS going to replace those. My things must be so interesting. I've put everything away so there are no more disasters. They are coming today to pick up their dogs.

BTW Mr. Basset was inside because he was yowling & barking so much outside that I was afraid the neighbors would start to complain. It's amazing how much trouble Mr. B gets into when I leave him unattended for 3 minutes....

Oh, how terrible! I've seen cats chew plastic bags too.

:heeheeI've done a silly thing! I have started ANOTHER plastic bag tote bag, well....actually I am just in the making the plastic yarn stage......But I am already involved with the flower:rose CAL and I do not know if trying to do two :hook:hookCALs at the same time is smart....I guess I will find out:shrug!

i finished my bag last night and since i dont have a camera i dont have a picture...but my aunt thought it was the bees knees and i'm really glad she likes it! when i do get a cam i will post a pic :)

That is so cool Squish:tup ! Glad you finished it:hook , and glad your Aunt loves:bheart it so much.....I am looking forward to seeing it whenever you can post a picture:photo!

this is something I would love to get in on but I think I should get a little more familiar with Crochet before I attempt it. But definatly an AWSOME idea. I always save my plastic bags abut never had a use for them before. Looks like I should keep saving them though

Archived