Praline Pinwheel Doily

MimiFL

I made this for a friend's birthday this month.

She had seen another doily I made and asked if she could have one. I showed her a few examples (pineapple, pinwheel, etc.) and she loved the pinwheel, and added that the dusty blue in the picture (which I found online) was perfect for her living room.

So I set out to find light blue thread. At first, I got some DMC but after a few rounds, decided it really was too strong a color (ok for an accent, but not a whole doily) so I switched to Royale 'Bridal Blue' (lightest blue one I could find). When I gave it to her, she said it was perfect. :)

I had fun doing this one. The pattern's great. Pretty repetitive, esp. at the beginning, which is good because I can memorize 3-4 rows at once.

The only problem I had was the thread twisting over itself, but I finally managed to get a handle on it.

I think I'll do that pattern again someday. I really enjoyed making it. Took about 10 days.

pinwheel_doily.jpg

Close-up shots:

one | two

:ty

The pattern came from the Ultimate Doily Book (I think it's called - I'll check and make sure).:)

gorgeous, gorgeous, beaUtiful work! :cheer:clap:c9

Oooooh, oooooh, that would be a great idea! (yet another WIM to add to my list!)

Oh, that's lovely. Wouldn't that make a great baby blankie, done in lightweight yarn?

I've also seen where folks may use a doily pattern in regular worsted weight to make a small rug (sometimes two stranded in reg ww). Or as a shawl. Doilies aren't just for furniture, anymore!

I did check, and it is called The Ultimate Doily Book; the pattern is "Praline Pinwheel".

Archived