Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Julie Julie JULIE! :devil LOL What are you doing to me?!??

I saw this one yesterday and thought, "no way, I'm not doing that CAL."

Then I took a look at that last site you put up there with pages upon pages of quilt square ideas and found one I ADORED! AND I already know how I'd do it -- it'll be SO EASY!

So yup, here I am, another CAL. Off to buy more yarn. ;):hook

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julie, Julie, Julie..... Let me see what would they call you in the addiction world... AN ENABLER :lol You seem to find the bestest patterns then flash them before our eyes like a dealer. Then knowing that we cannot resist, you reel us in. Problem is you don't benefit financially. Perhaps you need to open an online store. Or package the afghans in kits, we can order from you and never have to leave our homes.

All kiding aside, thanks for leading me to these patterns. I cannot join the CAL, I have not finished the GFG yet :eek and I definately do not need to be buying more yarn.

However, I love your enthusiasm and appreciate :hug the time you spend ENABLING me.

My name is Lucy and I will resist, for now. :lol

Norma,

Yes, I know which afghan you mean, that one is really pretty ! She will love it .

Howdy AJ --

GREAT to have you here ! I knew I'd snag someone else with those latest additions ! Don't keep us in suspense-- when you get home from the yarn shopping trip, drop in & tell us all about it !!!

LUCY --- Resistance is futile...... there's a pattern listed on that page with your name written all over it . I bet you have enough yarn in one closet to pull this one off without spending a dime ....

And speaking of dimes -- nope, I don't get any money for this adventure -- in fact,

if Renee gets HER wish, and word gets out , I'll be filing bankrupt here shortly . A Dollar a SQUARE, Renee ??? I try to play fair . If I do that for YOU, I have to do it for everyone else .

I haven't won the lottery yet ,so I think I'll have to say NO DEAL to that one .

( I still think you'll be back in here to sign up before the day is over .... ) :D

HAVE A GOOD DAY :lol

if Renee gets HER wish, and word gets out , I'll be filing bankrupt here shortly . A Dollar a SQUARE, Renee ??? I try to play fair . If I do that for YOU, I have to do it for everyone else .

I haven't won the lottery yet ,so I think I'll have to say NO DEAL to that one .

( I still think you'll be back in here to sign up before the day is over .... ) :D

HAVE A GOOD DAY :lol

-------------

Nope, I'm headed out for the weekend! I have to get a filling replaced at the dentist in an hour. Wish me luck!

Happy hooking, y'all.

STOP ME. lol Ok joining this one. No colors to post cause Im going for my scraps. :devil It's got to shrink.:hook So Ill just make my squares but it together see what happens. Would like to put this together as I go not sure how Ill manage that. Maybe rows of one color? but not sure what Ill do with the ones I dont have enough to make a row? Save for the border or make two of these at once? Well anyway Im about done with grannies flowers so Ill start this one then and my ripple.

Julie, this is not fair! I´m delighted with all the beautiful quilt afghans I´ve found at your links!!! But I´m busy with the 200 Blocks CAL... I can´t join here now! Maybe I´ll be still in time to join when I´m done with that... I don´t think so ...:think

But I´ll be coming back here to see how you are doing! Have fun! :manyheart

here is the yarn that I have picked . I came across this one skein of Rh that I have been holding back for something special . Its burgandy , do you think it looks good with the sage, woodsy green , aran?

th_ninepatchyarn.jpg

I love those colors together! That's going to be great!

Hi Everyone... Gleda, wow, those books you mention... how cool! Lynn, so great to see you here! New Theresa... Hi! And hi to all the other folks that I can't seem to name at the moment! :think

Hi Angie -

Well, there's probably a pattern in there somewhere that you could do with many different colors . Take awhile and look through them. I bet you'll find one to catch your eye ! Thanks for joining !

Vik - It's ok , you don't have to sign up now -- you can join later if you want, or if not, just drop in once in awhile to visit ! We enjoy your company !

"Morning Mare --

Got that ROOSTER pattern started yet ? SOMEBODY has to make it so I can see how it turns out .

IMG_0233.jpg

Here is a very blurry image of the squares all laid out on my bed. I'll try to take a better picture, but I didn't have time this morning to mess with the exposure on my new camera.:blush

Very, very very cool! I love it.

Robert... it's going to be fun having you over here. I'm not really in this CAL... I just like to visit... I'm not, really, not...

So Sam I Am, is that so?

Here, there and everywhere I go...

It's not my fault I move around,

and cannot seem to find my ground.

It's Julie, she's a temptress true

she lures us with more things to do!

New patterns and ideas to make,

That Julie really takes the cake!

So if indeed it's Sam I AM

Then when I'm here, you call me SAM!

ALRIGHT SAM I AM

Get that hook in your hand

Stop wandering around with a puzzled look

Grab your yarn and your hook .

No more excuses, that's what I say ...

Have I ever led you astray ?

Pick out a pattern and take a stand

I won't let you keep your head in the sand .

You're just visiting so you say ...

Have a seat , you need to STAY .

I want to see a finished 'ghan from you

No more excuses, that's what you should do .:manyheart

okay, i think i figured out what i want to use. i want to keep it kinda low-key in the bedroom, so i'm going to use just a few colors. i'm starting with three colors and will alternate those. unless i decide that i need more. right now, i've got aran, buff, and aspen print. here's a picture of the colors laying on the bedspread so you can see how it matches. and i'm adding a picture of the paint and border in the bedroom to show how it goes with it.

crochetthings004.jpg

crochetthings002.jpg

Ok, Renee

Good luck at the dentist, have fun on the weekend . We'll see you here on Monday morning ~ :D

-----

That was the easiest dental appt ever! Took about 20 minutes, no drilling, no novocaine, and voila, I have a new filling!

Now, I'm gonna eat my sandwich and run my errands!

Dazy,

Those colors are perfect for the colors in your room! Post a picture of your squares when you get some done.

Lynn:hook

-----

That was the easiest dental appt ever! Took about 20 minutes, no drilling, no novocaine, and voila, I have a new filling!

How does one go about getting a filling like that? I got 2 fillings done yesterday complete with shots and drill. :(

I was thinking maybe I shouldn't do this CAL after all and my MSN horoscope agreed: Projects that may involve a group, or perhaps your entire community, could take up a lot of your time, dear Aquarius.:lol But I'm going to try anyway. I've changed my mind from Pastel Pinwheels to the afghan I've been meaning to make for a few years now. It's called Amish Star & it's from Annie's Ultimate Book of Quilt Aghans. There are a few in that book I'd like to do eventually, but the Amish Star is the reason I bought the book. The only picture I could find of it is on ebay here. Amish Star is on the top left of the second picture. The hunt for the perfect yarn mix has been on and off, so now I guess it's back on. The pattern calls for 10 different yarns in graduated shades. Yeah, right. I'd be happy with half that, but haven't even been able to find more than 3 that are close to each other. I have so much other stuff going on and I know I shouldn't do this, but . . . off I go to look for the perfect colors. Wish me luck:worried

Brenda

Hi, Shelly! I went to grad school in "Chambana" at the Univ of Illinois, Urbana-Champagne in the mid-80's. loved the school, loved the town(s), the nice folks, and the green fields! the campus even had a 100+ year-old plot of land planted in corn (continuously under cultivation for 100 yrs, not 100-yr-old corn....:D , the land itself is quite a bit older, heh, heh) that I walked by every day to class. Nice weather, too, as I recall. But then again, now I live near metro D.C.; they joined the Weather-of-the-Day club many years back (and are thinking of switching to the Hourly club, as is clearly evident by our most recent offerings....), so my memories of weather elsewhere are usually fond ones....

yep I live near Champaign and Decatur. Galesburg is a pretty city I'm sure you enjoyed going to school there!

and Julie? I just have one question (ok, maybe two, but here's the first)

How did you know my weakness for quilt-design crochet?

I thought I'd kept my dark secret under wraps (:D )... And then you just had to go and start another CAL, didn't you?:bang

I managed to keep from getting sucked into the lace-and-bobbles - too intimidating. And the cathedral window, although I've been drooling over that pattern for ages. and the 63 more squares - outta my league for now. and the Grandmothers flower garden - hiding all those ends? <<:scared shudder>>. and the homespun border patterned blanket, although I love that yarn, and have enough (and then some!) on hand to make it. and the scripture afghan, and the... because I was gonna get me some discipline. Yup, I was going to be part of one (count 'em, ONE) CAL, plus finish all those UFO's and make y'all proud of me. You get the picture? Are you feeling ashamed of yourself:embar , Yet? No? Well, paint one more hook on your computer monitor, you've bagged another hapless soul - I'm IN!

Now to decide on the pattern.... I'm gonna use caron simply soft - love that yarn! - and either the prairie star or the around the world - I'd been eyeing both patterns before you waved the carrot under my nose!:hook

and congratulations on your ideas - the number of responses in only two days should show you how big a nerve you twanged!

Oh, the second question? Well, when are you going to share with us your magic hook (or wand, tool, spell, or whatever) that you use to be able to answer all these replies, crochet, watch your darling grandboy, and still compose poetry? I figure you cut out eating, sleeping, and breathing, but that still leaves at least 27 hours extra per day unaccounted for....:juggle

Dazy, beautiful colors! What pattern are you using?
i'm thinking 'around the world'. but i'm gonna check out some more sites before i decide for sure. i know that just as i get into it, i'll see something else i want to do. i'm so wishy-washy.:blush

Little did I know how much entertainment I would have in this CAL!? :lol

Hi Shelley..Those squares are awesome. I still havent figured which pattern I am going to do from my book. Just finished a test pattern for someone and going to finish my bolero this weekend and buy my yarn for this cal. If someone tells me how to post pics on here, I will be able to post my pics as I get them going. Ugh...need to decide before I go to the store I guess...LOL

Archived