Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

rosette,

Those quilt afghans on your blog are awesome! I just love the prairie star! That is one that is on my long list to make someday

Lynn

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Julie that donuts went really fast. That prairie star is super easy to make...the first one I did only took a week and half....Now my other problem, which one to do now...HELP:shrug Maybe my hubby will make up his mind today...

Oh Julie! You are sooo funny! Of course you can do it. I have done a few quilt afghans and they are easy to crochet, the difficult part is putting them together. I got one all put together one time and then saw that I had a row backwards! Had to scrap the whole thing! Since then I have found that if you sew the little squares together with wrong side to worng side its easier to see what you are doing. As for crocheting 1/2 square one color and changing colors for the other half --- thats easy too. It just takes one or two squares to get the hang of it. I usually will crochet the plain color squares until I am blind and bored to death then do some 2 color ones to break up the boredness!

Go for it!!!!!

(give you a donut if you do!:lol )

Lynn

I don't know about losing my toenails though -- i absolutely LOVE all those pretty flip flops and wear them right into fall! I may look a little strange without toenails. Hmmm, maybe I could just paint some on. What do you think?

Lynn

Well, Brandy, I'll tell you what :

I think with your talent you could pretty well close your eyes and just point to one and be able to make it . Let us know which one you decide on .:)

Lynn - pass me the donut first and nobody gets hurt .:devil

THEN we'll talk Prairie Star .

Yea, Lynn -

Just get some fingernail polish and paint spots where your toenails should be . Just don't wear flip flops that are TOO noticeable. It'll draw attention to your missing toenails .

You'll look almost as goofy as those ladies that shave their eyebrows off, then draw some new ones on with a pencil - they always look so SURPRISED !!!:eek

Brandy

You know you're digging yourself a pretty big hole here. If you talk me into making one , I'll PESTER the daylights out of you since you've already done one .

Should I warn you ahead of time so you can put me on your IGNORE list ? :lol

Pester away...I am really enjoying this...I dont know anybody who crochets around here, except for my sister in law....but she smokes....So this is really nice to talk to people who like to do what I do.

2000 posts???? See --- you have time to make a prairie star!

GO JULIE ----- GO JULIE ----- GO JULIE!:cheer

Lynn

Brandy

I'm in the same boat. I don't know ANYBODY around here who crochets. You guys are it . I guess that's why I like it here so much :)

Thanks for the offer of help .:hook

Lynn ,

I'll do it if you will .

DEAL OR NO DEAL ?

Note to self :Need to get a shorter haircut if I'm gonna keep using that line .:D

I'm ebil for bringing the Prairie Star over. :devil

I know what you guys/gals mean about having no one else to crochet and craft with in person. The closest I have to a crafting buddy is my mom, and she's 3.5 hours and a border away. :( She knits and I crochet. (Both of us can do only the basic stuff of the opposite)

I :manyheart mom tho. I can call her up and talk to her about crafts or whatever for hours.

You folks are so great! :) Next time I see a yarn sale for red heart supersaver yarn, I'm going to stock up so I can join all the afghan CAL's I want to!

Julie,

"Lynn ,

I'll do it if you will .

DEAL OR NO DEAL ?

Note to self :Need to get a shorter haircut if I'm gonna keep using that line .:D "

You crack me up! :lol :lol :sofunny

I have finished 2 of 20 squares! (It only took me 2+4+2=8?, yes 8 hours to do so--so what is that? 4x18 hours left?). So I'm 10% done already! I'm taking my time to weave in all ends as I go because I would go crazy trying to do them all at the end. :thair

It's great to see so many people joining up!

Oh gosh Julie! You drive a hard bargin! I have 4 or 5 things going right now and if I start another hubby will choke me! Every time I try to sneak something new he says, "oh another one? What happened to the one you were doing yesterday? Finished already?" And I keep telling him he doesn't finish anything HE starts! HoHoHo! I really do want to make the prairie star though. Maybe in the near future!

Lynn

Brandy, I just visited your blog. You've made very lovely afghans! :cheer

All right, you guys, as I said earlier, I went to A.C. Moore this morning and I'm standing in the yarn aisle...and stood there :think ...and stood there...:think and then I walked out of the store; didn't buy a dang thing there. So I went to Michael's and did the same thing...just stood, staring at all those yarns. I finally decided :yay on my Caron SS colors for the Around The World lapghan: Iris, Grape, Orchid and Blue Mint. Since I cannot get a light Blue mint, I decided to go all purple and use the Blue Mint for the punch color. The Orchid is a little lighter than I wanted, but it's the only color I saw in Caron SS...so it will do.

BTW, out of curiosity I picked up a ball of yarn (wool or wool blend) that was approximately $10/ball and I'm pretty sure yardage is < 200. I read the label for care instructions: hand wash only, do not dry in dryer or out in the sun. :eek I think I'd have to make something really, really tiny for that price and that kind of care....like maybe the thumb portion of a mitten. :lol

Enid --

You have just joined the Army and didn't even know it. Now where'd I put that pen ? Just sign on the dotted line . Did I just read that you are going to join all the CAL's in the future ? Buddy, are you in for a RIDE ~~~~~ :lol I'll NEVER let you rest now ...

You are lucky your mom likes to do crafts. My mom hates them . My sister thinks they are a stupid waste of time . I am so glad I found this place ! I thought for awhile there I lived on an Alien planet . Maybe I do, but I found my home planet here . :hook

Howdy Jen !

How are things in the land of the painted desert ? Is that your state or another one out there ?

Glad we are keeping you entertained. I have a blast with you guys .

You're doing great -- go at a steady pace. I think I'd better not count up my hours I have to go, or the guys in the LITTLE WHITE COATS will have to cart me off .

I have NO ends woven in .. Why ? I don't know ,but I'll regret that later I bet !

Well, Lynn --

I DID it . I went and bought yarn to make the prairie star . Doggone it . Where's my Valium when I need it ? :tired

I'll hold off on it for awhile. I really would like a crochet buddy to team up with on it ,so I'll work on the one I have going now and hopefully you'll be ready to do yours when I get this one done .

Doesn't your husband make you mad when he says that ? Mine will ask once in awhile-- WHY'd YOU TEAR ALL THAT OUT ? So, there's a mistake -- leave it ,no one will know .

He doesn't understand . If I am gonna spend this much time working on it, it has to be RIGHT ... Certain colors look good in certain patterns, etc. Sometimes I'll tear the same thing out 4 or 5 times til I settle on what I want to do .

Anyhow, you just go ahead and get more yarn . What is he gonna do about it then ? It'll already be home waiting on you -- nothing he can do about it then, is there ?

You folks are so great! :) Next time I see a yarn sale for red heart supersaver yarn, I'm going to stock up so I can join all the afghan CAL's I want to!

Julie, I'll give you points for trying! :D I won't join all... just some. :c9

Ok I was a bad girl...someone spank me....I went into the store and I was going to just break down and buy the yarn. I have it down to these two "Job's Troubles or Churn Dash". I know if I do Job's that I want to do the mutli color one and Churn Dash will do two colors...But (pulling hair out over this) I cant decide what color.....And my store must have had a yarn sale cause they are about out of every color you can imagine.....ugh. I did find this awesome magazine that someone else talked about and they have the cutest sandels in there that I am going to make....Well back to the drawing board...

Archived