Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Andrea

It sounds like you chose a good pattern and nice colors . It will look really pretty, I bet !

Keep us updated on how it is going . :)

Dazy- I've never heard of the stuff. Doggone , sounds like a good investment to me. That is a running joke in our house about dusting . I'll do all the rest of the housework ,but HATE to dust.. and I figure it's not real noticeable til you need to MOVE the dust off the table to lay something down . :D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, after looking at and dreaming about :dreamingthat beautiful Prairie Star Pattern again - I decided to join you all. It will be GREAT starting close to the beginning, and I like the colors so much - I am going to just stick to the original pattern colors.

I'm counting on YOU, Julie - AND any of you others that are willing - to encourage, PROD, and even get out that infamous baseball bat:tryme to keep me on target.

Don't be afraid to be TOUGH - I am going to need it. See you all in here!

Diane

That is great news, because I went and got my yarn yesterday for mine . Now we can work together . I think a few others have chosen this same pattern too, so there may be more than 2 of us brave souls trying to do this. That word patience is what gives me cold chills .. Dang --- that's a rough one for me .

I'm trying to work hard on my other one and get it done before breaking out this new one. I have hopes of getting my other one done this week or possibly the weekend at the latest . :clap

Well, gang .

I am officially in a BAD mood today. I mean bad enough to kick the crutches out from under someone .

Bad enough to steal someone's seeing eye dog .

Bad enough to snap a wooden TOTC crochet hook in two just for the enjoyment .

Not to unload on you guys , but I need someone to unload on and since my husband is at work ,YOU'RE it .

I won't go into any gory details . You don't need to hear them and I'm not in the mood to tell them .

Let's just put it this way :

As I was driving to Walmart for my daily 5:00 AM shopping trip , I was behind a huge truck on the highway .

the Logo on the back said :

AGRICULTURAL WASTE MANAGEMENT

HORSE MANURE HAULERS

I finally figured out that THAT has been my job description for the past 48 years.

I just never got the T-shirt .

I am not posting this to bring you all down, but in hopes that you will bring ME up .

Get on here and post today, people . I don't care WHAT you post about -- yarn, hooks, patterns, food, spouses, kids or pets.

JUST POST .

I need a little diversion . You guys are it .

THANK YOU .

Now where'd I put that shovel ?

Post anything huh? Well I wont get much crocheting done today.

Got to go get dog food and plan to play World of Warcraft. Yep that is my other habbit. I mean hobby. I tend to play a lot. Way to much for a women of 41 with a house to clean and crochet that needs done but I can't seem to stay away from it.:lol

My neighbor well be going with me to Sam's to get the dog food which means the trip well take two hours longer then it would if I went alone because she is so so slow. She has to look at everything.

I hate taking this by monthly trip. But the dogs got to eat. :(

Just to keep it somewhat on topic I have made about four squares. Decided just to make them with my scraps till they are all used up then put it all together see what I have. Just doing a basic granny of just two rounds. Mostly cause I need to use up that yarn and because I need something to carry to my monthly doctor appointments.

Opps just relized Im not 41 Im 42. Oh goodie.:devil

PS Just reilized I didn't say anything cheerfull.:cheer So here it is Don't Worry Be Happy.:) :) :)

Good Morning all. Julie you said anything. WEll this is my plan for today. Leaving for work in 15 mins. Have to take the lady that I take care of to eye doctor. Hopefully they will be able to get her some glasses so she maybe able to read. Explain more later. Then it is home to do laundry, laundry and more laundry. Did not get that done yesterday. Hopefully I can get my sweater/bolero done today while at the eye dr. and doing more laundry. Then I plan on dragging out all my stash yarn and listen to my husband grouch about how much I actually have....:eek I may be able to pull some colors together from that to get started on my afghan. :hook Well I really need to get going. Dont want to be late.

Will check in later sometime today.

:cheerHAVE A GREAT DAY!!:cheer

Julie -

Sorry your day has gotten off to a stormy start :irk. Don't you hate that? Here's a big hug :hug

Well I'd like to do my part to help chip the pieces away and help cheer you up. :cheer

I started on my Prairie Star Afghan yesterday! :D I WAS going to do it in colors as close to the original as I could get using Caron Simply Soft, but yesterday I wanted to see if I could even DO the pattern so I thought I'd give it a try with a bit of the purple I had left over from my MAM. Well then wheels got spinning and I thought, "How pretty would this be in rainbow pastels?"

Sooooo... my neice's birthday party is on Saturday. I'd already made her an afghan about 2 months ago for it, but I think this one might be a whole lot better. I figure I'll give the one I made her to charity and work my tooshie off till Saturday to get this done.

That can be done, right? ?? :sweat:scared

I got 12 diamonds done and joined last night and have to go out today to buy the rest of the yarn colors that I don't have here in my stash. Hopefully if I crochet like crazy, I'll be able to get it done in time. If nothing else I can give her the original afghan I made for her, but ooooooh I REALLY want her to have this one!! I think it's going to be SOOOOOO pretty!!

So, Julie, I'm on board with you and a few others who are going to to the Prairie Star. :ducky:manyheart

Good morning Julie! You're not to far from me and I think we both shop the same Walmart....Sounds like you may need a little girl time and some chocolate. Want to meet up for coffee sometime? The sun is shining and it is going to be a beautiful day. :sun It will get better :hug:flower

Patricia - if you ever made it to Allerton Park while you were studying in Chambana...the park is just outside Monticello where I live. If you come back for a visit sometime...let me know. My parents-in-law are big tailgaters...so were always at the games and stuff on campus!

Well...I accomplished nothing on my Drunkard's Path Afghan. I did get one of the three baby blankets finished...I have two more in addition to the Drunkard's Path and no time this week, so who knows.

Well Julie I didn't see your post till now so here it comes:) Hope I cheer you a little by saying that I didn't start my pastel pinwheels as I promised but had to do the mam strip for the mam cal!!! And to top it my sister came online requesting a little help on a crochet motif and I ended up explaining to her the whole motif without having lunch!!!! now she is going to pass on this info to my mom!!!God help me! Then a student of mine came home to crochet when my daughter kept whining that I don't take her swimming when she wants to go!!! So off we troop down to the pool (as I am sacred to let her go by herself) and tell my lady friend that I would teach her at 5 pm.

So how long does daughter gets to swim??? 1/2 hour!!! all the fuss for half an hour and I didn't even get time to pull out the yarn I had taken with me to crochet!!!

So now my student/friend comes along and I am teaching the diagonal crochet and she says please Vimala not now I can't focus! So then I made her do a granny square with front and back post dcs and she did that and we kept chatting for more than an hour while her hubby kept calling up :) She then wanted me to teach her how to do a flower and I started on a simple rose, she completes 1 round promising me that she will come in tomorrow to learn more. BTW she is going on vacation from wednesday till the end of this month and I am shifting house by the time she returns!!!! So we have to continue our lessons online!!!!

So thats been my day ! Hope yours turned out better after the nasty trip!!!

Now to go and fix dinner and get the kids to bed so I can crochet in peace!!!

hugs

Vims

Hi Angie

Thanks for the post . What pattern are you going to use with your squares, have you decided yet ?

Morning, Brandy

Set your husband in the corner if he lips off today .Mine, if he's smart, will work REALLY late tonite . (I'm not mad at HIM , but he's the only one here , so he gets to HEAR all the crap .There he goes again --Van Gogh minus TWO ears . ) I drive the man crazy. Good thing he's not a drinker , or there would go all the YARN money ....

Hi AJ - your prairie star sounds like it's off to a great start . Also PRETTY colors !

Wow, you are braver than me.. I figure on getting MINE done for my mom's 80th birthday. ( She turns 70 next month )

Shelby -

Thank you for the kind offer, but as mad as I am right now, girl time would probably not be wise . I'd hate for my first meeting with a CAL person to end with me beating them up . ( Not that you deserve it -- you are a sweetheart . ) I'm just mad enough today to go out and kick the tree in the front yarn just because it's THERE .

Hi Vims -

Wow, you must be a great crocheter. It sounds like you have a lot of people you are helping to learn ! Do you enjoy it, or would you rather spend the time on your own projects ?

I have a question about the term you just used - shifting house ? Does that mean like spring-cleaning or moving ?

It seems trange that you are so far away, your day is ending but ours is starting .

Isn't this great that we can keep in touch online from so far away ?

Oh...I forgot...Come on Julie...it can't be that bad! We're all here and ready to have some fun with you!!

This is my fun brain waves coming your way:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~fun~~~~~~~~~~~~happy~~~~~~~~~~~yarn~~~~~~~

~~~~~crochet~~~~~~~~~~~funny CAL poems~~~~~no house cleaning~~

~~~~puppies??~~~~~~~~~kittens??~~~~~~~~??

I can't think of anything I pulled it all out there...that had to make you smile! :cheer

Let's just add a little post-it note onto my Horse Manure line :

Picture this - you are just laying down after a nice restful weekend . GREAT weekend in fact . Just starting to doze off .

Dreaming about Harold the Tow Truck Driver and a plate of gravy and biscuits .( My favorite food )

The doorbell rings . To me, sleep is a SACRED thing . EVERYONE knows that I am meaner than King Kong and twice as LOUD when they wake me up. The only reason that would be good enough to disturb MY sleep would be NOT only that the house is on fire, but that it is so CLOSE that the elastic on my underpants is starting to melt . THEN you can wake me up .

Anyhow, ever get woken up by someone who desperately wants your input and advice on a REALLY big decision ? If they wake me up, it'd better be good . Well, this was .

I sit and listen for 3 HOURS . Give my opinion . Try to help . THEN they get MAD at you for not giving them the advice THEY think is right .

DANG IT ... don't come to my door, wake me up , deprive me of 3 hours of sleep then get mad at me .

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ????

I'm mad just typing it .

Where's my magnifying glass ?

Hi Vims -

Wow, you must be a great crocheter. It sounds like you have a lot of people you are helping to learn ! Do you enjoy it, or would you rather spend the time on your own projects ?

I have a question about the term you just used - shifting house ? Does that mean like spring-cleaning or moving ?

It seems trange that you are so far away, your day is ending but ours is starting .

Isn't this great that we can keep in touch online from so far away ?

I don't consider myself a great crocheter but yes I do love teaching crochet!!! I didn't intend for my post to come out the way that I would rather be crocheting than teaching :think.. just that I didn't get to crochet much today I guess:)

By shifting I meant moving:) not spring cleaning lol!! I would forever be cleaning then!!!!I don't know what I would do if I lost internet access!!! Its truly amazing how I can keep in touch wih so many people at the same time!!!

Three cheers for the pc's and the internet !!:cheer:cheer:cheer

hugs

Vims:manyheart

JULIE!! snap out of it! ~slap, slap~:P

i had typed my email joke of the day, but erased it. it might not have been a welcome joke after all. i'd hate to offend.:blush

so, the other option is to go get yourself a chocolate easter bunny and a box of marshmellow peeps. bite off all the peeps heads. then start on the bunny's ears and then pick off his candy eyes and eat those. take out your frustrations and eat candy all at the same time. does it get any better? i think not!:devil

BTW, i got almost all 32 of one color of my squares done last night. only about 300 to go:eek .

today, it's off to dig up some lilac bushes and a flowering quince. hope i stay out of the poison ivy this time. i've got plenty, thank you very much.

Julie - I am convinced you are evil incarnite! :tryme

So I got everything ready to start my Quilt this morning. I have my pattern, my yarn, my hook, my scissors, and an ice cold can of Coca-Cola C2 by my side. Then I actually took my eyes off the picture of the ghan and read the instructions! UGH! I had no idea this was a charted motif! I was thinking I made the little pinwheels and sewed them on. Nope, CHARTS! I hate charts! And I will have to make 15 of them for the ghan itself not to mention the extras I have to make for the feet pockets. UGH! But my heart is set on this ghan so I must see it through. I know it'll be worth it when it's finished but right now it seems like such an impossible task!

Ok, I'm done whining! Back to the evil chart!!! :thair

P.S. Did anyone happen to make a button for this CAL? I couldn't find one on here!

Ok, Dazy -

You get the gold star for today -you actually made me laugh . I think I'm mad enough at this point that I could just go to walmart and stand in the Easter aisle and bite the head off of EVERY freakin chocolate bunny in the store )

Gonna be a LOT of disapointed kids next weekend .

And you are funny when you told Donna to run ..she maybe should ...her swinging the ballbat today isn't too wise .

How does one go about getting a filling like that? I got 2 fillings done yesterday complete with shots and drill. :(

---------------

Well, I was getting an old filling replaced (not a new one), and it wasn't very big, so I think that made the difference. I have some old fillings that are quite a bit larger, and for those, I suspect my dentist will eventually put a crown on those. But overall, Friday couldn't have gone easier! :D (<-- my new pretty smile).

Hmm.. Julie needs some cheer, eh??

I'm stuck spending the morning searching job wanted ads and applying this morning. After that I can go to Wallyworld. (Must attempt to avoid yarn section!!!)

Lookie at how many people I sucked in .. I mean got involved in your nifty CAL by bringing the lethal Prairie Star! (Must not go to yarn section of wallyworld to buy yarn for said project yet!!!)

I was going to write something now to cheer you up, but I have some very sad news. :(

The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin.

Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies,and Captain Crunch.

The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded.

Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers.

He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes.

Despite being a little flaky at times he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John and Jane Dough, plus they had a bun in the oven.

He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the occasion and take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone else who maybe having a crumby day and kneads it.

Hmm.. Julie needs some cheer, eh??

I'm stuck spending the morning searching job wanted ads and applying this morning. After that I can go to Wallyworld. (Must attempt to avoid yarn section!!!)

Lookie at how many people I sucked in .. I mean got involved in your nifty CAL by bringing the lethal Prairie Star! (Must not go to yarn section of wallyworld to buy yarn for said project yet!!!)

I was going to write something now to cheer you up, but I have some very sad news. :(

The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin.

Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies,and Captain Crunch.

The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded.

Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers.

He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes.

Despite being a little flaky at times he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John and Jane Dough, plus they had a bun in the oven.

He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the occasion and take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone else who maybe having a crumby day and kneads it.

:laughroll:rofl:laughroll:rofl:laughroll:rofl

You are too funny!!!

What, I am not allowed to come out with my bat today? Ok, I'll play nice!

BTW, after 12 rows I have decided I cannot do another chart ghan, I cannot, I will not! So, I am thinking maybe about what I thought it was originally, a crocheted pinwheel stitched onto a square. Now to figure out how to make the pinwheel. Anyone seen a crocheted pinwheel?

Hi all. Back from a hard morning at work...Well if you call sitting at the eye doctors crocheting for two hours :hook and then running out of yarn and staring into space for another hour ... Then I got to go shopping for another hour. Sure love my job.

Julie are you still in a bad mood? I hope not...need :cheer on in my pursuit of yarn to make my afghan. Going to go dig out yarn while hubby is at friends house.....

And then drive 62 miles to get rest of yarn for my sweater....cause I ran out.....ugh. HOpe they have it in.

Archived