Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Hey AJ -

Well, if you ever change your mind, the job's yours ! I will probably be yanking my hair out by the roots when I start Prairie Star . You do make it sound easier than the pattern says -- but when it mentions the word patience, I am SUNK .

Brandy

Your colors sound very pretty. I love that cornmeal color . There's also one I have only found at one store anywhere in our area -- it's called Eggnog. Just the lightest,creamiest looking yellow . PRETTY ! I've never gotten any of it ,but one of these days I'll think of a project that would be perfect with it and get some !

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again I failed to read the ENTIRE instructions! UGH! By looking at the pic of the afghan it appeared as though the squares were finished with basic SC's all around. NOPE! So I am STILL working on my first square! Each square has a total of 38 sc's on each side. So first you work a sc, ch 4 in first sc, then a sc, ch 10 in next and go all the way around. Then you LACE all the 10 ch loops together. Now you go back with a different color and work in all the CH 4 loops. I could just scream. Wait til I find the woman who designed this ghan!!! :thair

Well, I am still hoping my goal of finishing one square a day is feasible but now I'm not so sure. I have 2 more rows to go in the finishing of my first square which I am hopeful I will finish tonite. As soon as I finish it I'll post a pic...

(I'm gonna get you for this Julie! I couldn't simply make a nice, simple afghan for my dad, nope, I just had to join in this CAL didn't I? Your Jedi powers are strong but they are NO MATCH for the darkside! :2magic)

In case I suddenly "DISAPPEAR " -

I KNEW I'd get blamed for the afghan problems Donna is having .:lol

You all keep your tv's turned onto CNN .

This will be the first EVER crochet-related killing . Donna's gonna get Jimbo to whittle her a hook about the size of a steak knife with a REALLY sharp point on the end .

She will make a beeline for my house ,and there goes your CAL leader down the drain, you guys .

I thought I'd better post a note on here in case I DO come up missing .

Note to Police .( I know you usually read the missing person's internet junk to see if you have any clues to who may have done this . ) Yes, I irritate the life out of my husband, but what are the chances that he will kill me at this late date ? He's put up with me for 30 years, so if he was gonna bump me off, he would have done so 29 years and 11 months ago .

Since this is post number 2,201 for me, I'll leave a post-it note on my computer screen which will read :

Dear Barney Fife - Please read post number 2,201 first . I'd like my killer to be caught sometime before the year 2010 . If you begin at the beginning of all my posts , justice may never be served . It'll get mighty tedious for you to read all these posts .

No torrid online romances, no NEKKID photos of me online that would attract a pervert . If there were , it'd scare them all into turning over a new leaf .

No blogs . No visits to an online dating service ....

The person you are searching for is listed above . Spelling :

D O N N A L Y N N

Thanks for your vigilance . And I hope you're satisfied now --- the only law I ever broke was going 48 in a 35 zone. I was on a Yarn Run . I had to use my YARN money to pay the fine .

Just thought I'd throw that in to make you feel a little guilty, Mr. Policeman .

You took away one of the great pleasures of my life right before I got a Crochet Hook through the Heart .

Oh, good lord...there's only so long I can lurk in a CAL thread before giving in. :devil Everyone is doing such a great job, and besides, that Prairie Star afghan is just too gorgeous and I can't bear to pass up a challenge like that! What a glutton for punishment I am. ;)

I'm thinking about doing the 'ghan in cream with blues and purples...I feel like I've been doing a LOT of greens and browns lately! <Sigh> Off to pick out and buy my yarn! :hook

JulieKay you are a riot!!! :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about asking Jimbo to make me a specialized hook for my dirty deeds, but that's a great idea! :badidea

I wish I had the gift of comedic writing as you do but I have no funny retort... Oh well, let me get back to my "sc ch 10 sc ch 15 sc ch 10 sc ch 15..."

Hi all. I havent been busy crocheting like I am suppose to be doing....instead I made something else. Someone mentioned back a ways about a button. I just thought I might come up with one. If no one wants it well I will just scratch it off...LOL Hopefully I can put it here and not have any problems.

CAL.gif

:yay Yahoooo I did it.... Ok now off to cook some bbq chicken and a little crocheting I think....:hook

I'm in!!!:cheer I've read enough posts and they have pushed me over the brink. I will be making the Around the World. I will be using Caron 1 lb. in pale green, soft sage, victorian rose, soft pink, and white. I was wondering would the pattern change much if I sc around the edges of each square in white?

I told my husband. last fall, if he ever saw me doing another afghan of little squares, please have me commited to a home. I hope he doesn't notice.:devil

Is there any set amount of squares for this afghan and do the square have to be very small, like 2 rounds?

I designed the color pattern on the computer, on a filet crochet program.

hi everyone!

I haven't posted in a few days, but I've been reading! Everyone's work is so beautiful! I'm doing the Around the World pattern, but I haven't worked on it in a few days because I remembered I had to start my nephew's christmas afghan. He's getting a MAM afghan in camoflage, off-white, and sage. Maybe one day I'll get all my projects done.

I admire those of you doing the Prairie Star. I started that a while back, but gave up because the yarn was so thick for so many stitches in the same place--my arm hurt like crazy!

That pinwheel afghan is gorgeous! My neice would love it for Christmas, but sadly, her afghan is all ready half-way done. Would it be wrong to rip it out and start over at this point? :devil

How easy is that pinwheel pattern?

Keep up the great crocheting!

Cindy

Sounds like the line from Ghostbusters when they got their first call --

Hey there Frann -

I was hoping to snag some more of you lurkers out there . Welcome to the Craziest Group on the Internet . I'm not only a member, I'm the Leader .

( Don't know if that's something to be PROUD of or not )

Your colors sound beautiful .

Post away ~ We're always ready for new blood . ( Whoops, shouldn't of said that ... Gotta remember Donna and her Steak-knife Jimbo hook .)

Hey Brandy -

Thanks for making the cute button . Those of you that have blogs, check it out, you can add it to your pages !

Sprtsbear -- Can't say I'm surprised I pushed you over the brink . I did that to my husband YEARS ago. That's why he has a permanent twitch in one eye and a nervous tic in the other .

I think your colors sound pretty . As far as edging each in white, I'm not sure how that would look in the pattern , but it's anything goes in this group. We are each kinda making up our own ideas as we go along . The rounds on my squares ae only 2, they turn out about the size of a saltine cracker . You could make the squares bigger, depending on how many you want to make and how large you want the afghan to be .

Cindy -

If you want to rip out what you have done and re-start another one, go right ahead ! It's your call !

MY BAD!

It's not the pinwheel afghan I like so much, it's the one Linda H. (aka grandkids)

is doing. It has big squares that are half black and half neon colors.

Can anyone tell me where to get this pattern?

That looks great AJ! I was wondering how the pastels would look. I was intending to do mine in pastels. So far all I've got is "Toddler Print" RH yarn, as the local yarn inventory in pitiful atm. I expect that as it gets further into spring/summer that I won't have any trouble finding matching pastels soon. Now that I've seen yours, I know I definately want to use pastel coloring!! :cheer

WOW! That is gorgeous AJ! Makes me want to start a Prairie Star right now!

Lynn

Oh my gosh, AJ -

That is gorgeous . I love it .

Thank you SO much for making it for me . That is the nicest thing anyone has ever made me . :D

Evelyn - sure, I think leftovers would work, if you had enough of each color to do a round or section in one color . I don't know for sure, though -- AJ would probably be a better one to tell you about it since I've never made one . YET .

Brandy, Lady of Roses, Linda H, Evelyn, Lynn, Julie, and Donna -

Thank you all so much for the lovely compliments on the afghan! I appreciate it!:c9:ghug

Evelyn, I'm sure your leftovers would make a stunning color palette for the Prairie Star!!:cheer

Thanks again, everyone!

And to QueenOfCrochet - welcome! There are so many great crochet-quilt patterns to choose from!:D

I would probably have enough even after I finish the summer scallaps, I dont have enough sence to quit buying yarn and crochet hooks [My obsession, a dozen or so hooks 3 or 4 the same size never been opened!!

[ 10 ] 8 oz skiens of one color.plus a couple skiens Of more colors and 1 skien of some.:eek

I have lost it I told my friend she has to slap my hands if I even look like Im going to buy yarn or hooks!!! :hook

AJ that is just awesome...now I might have to try that one!

Evelyn, right there with ya on the hooks thing...I seem to need at least on metal, one wood, one??? I don't know, but I keep finding excuses :-)

Archived