Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattern? Well just thought Id use up all my scrapes see what I got put it together. :lol Realy have no clue just determed to use up all them scraps by Christmas when I order my new yarn.:eek

Yep I order my yarn, the selection is always terrible here and Christmas time is when I get some cash to buy yarns. This year I may go for something other then redheart WW but have such a hard time spending that much money on less yarn. :think And I make afghans and not much else. I can make a large afghan for about 20 to 30 bucks with redheart. But the same afghan well run about 60 to 100 with fancy yarn and just cant seem to do it but Im thinking maybe I well next year.

Tried making a couple afgans with Simply Soft but that yarn splits way to much. Well anyway that all my ramblies. My post just are not as interesting as you alls.:(

Hope your day or at least your week gets better.

I went to the yarn department. :oops Alright, I got a big 12 oz ball of RH Toddler Print w/ the intent to do the Prairie Star. So likely my P.S. will be in pastels. The yarn selection was pitiful today. Apparently they just did inventory, and will be restocking 'soon'. So, I guess techically I'm in for this -- just stuck in the yarn selection stage for a while. :help

Here is how my day went,Had to get the oil changed in the car today so while going this crazy driver in a red car is weaving all over not paying attenion to what hes do then he pulls in front of us and stops half way in the center lane, :confused cuss words and we honk the horn at him he makes a u turn in the middle of a busy high way and goes the other way!!!:think

Enid - thanks for your cute doughboy story !

I know what you mean about the yarn at walmart . Ours is the same -- doing inventory ,so they are putting very little new stuff out and getting rid of lots of the old .

Donna - try these - they look kinda like a pinwheel, there are 8 different designs that you can make , all with the same basic square .

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-8afghans.html

Brandy - good luck in gathering all your yarn up tonight !

Angie -We appreciate each and every post -- thanks for filling us in on the latest ! Afghans are my favorite thing to make too, and that's almost all I make .

Jen- that is SO pretty . How many of those squares will it take for the afghan ?

Here is how my day went,Had to get the oil changed in the car today so while going this crazy driver in a red car is weaving all over not paying attenion to what hes do then he pulls in front of us and stops half way in the center lane, :confused cuss words and we honk the horn at him he makes a u turn in the middle of a busy high way and goes the other way!!!:think

are you sure it wasn't julie in front of you on her way to walmartto eat the bunny heads? :scared:P

It was a man driver!! We are safe and sound after all that. driving around here is putting your life in your hands!

Is there a place to see a picture of the drunkards afghan??

oh my gosh. I just seen the drunkards afghan....where can you get that pattern. I like that one better than the ones that I have......ooooooooo what am I going to do now??????

Well, Brandy -- you could always make 2 I guess, if you 've already got a start on another one.

Someone in the group is making this one, but I'm sorry, I can't recall who it was - she posted photos a few pages back of her squares .

Well gang ,

I don't know what I was thinking before when I calculated how many squares I'd need to make my round the world . Anyhow, I did some re-figuring today and I am going to need a total of 481 squares . I have 252 done.

They are very small, about the size of a saltine cracker . Got a ways to go yet, don't I ?

So I started my nine patch afghan last night and the squares go pretty fast. not very big though. i can get 10 done in less than an hour. i picked out two other colors for another project i want to do not sure how that will look together its, RH gemstones and monet hopefully it will look alright together not much of a selection here anywhere. that drunkards afghan is very pretty i would like to try and make that one as well, but if i dont finish the ones i already bought the yarn for ill have to start hiding yarn lol.... have a great day to all.

After a grueling, tedious day of PAPERWORK, it has been wonderful to come and read about your eventful lives, though I was concerned for you, Julie. You know, some people have a very hard time seeing outside their own skin and just don't get it. I hope this thread was diverting enough to relieve your anger a bit because, it sure diverted me -

Most of you are HILARIOUS, and you are all FASCINATING!

After feeling sad for Julie, I saw Vims say that "she promised but had to do the mam strip" and I thought - what's this crochetlady into? THEN I saw the word "CAL" - and it took me awhile :blush but I did figure out Mile a Minute!:cheer

Dazy - you are a card. I love the idea of taking your frustrations out on candy figurines.

And everyone else - this is going to be a blast. Well, I'd better go and start my afghan. I actually had a lot of the yarn colors in my stash! See you all soon with a progress report....

Ummm, I was just thinking, though, Julie:( - maybe you can put the bat away for a while...until you're feeling better?

Hi Andrea -

Yea I think the 9 patch squares are about the same size as the ones I'm doing . They do go quick. I never timed myself to see how many i could do in an hour. Guess I'll have to try it sometime when I have an hour of time to sit -- i usually work on a couple, get up, do something else , then do a few more, so I will try to measure a block of time out and see .

Hi Diane

It's nice to hear from you tonite. I 'm glad you have lots of the yarn you need already there . Yes, this has definitely been an entertaining day on the boards, hasn't it ?

I'm gonna sound like Bob the Builder ,but :

Does this group have talent ?

Yes we do .

Does this group have spirit ?

Yes we do .

Does this group have fun ?

Yes we do .

Thanks to all of you that came in to post today . I am cooling down now and ready to go in and get a good night's sleep .

You guys are real pals -- thanks so much for making what could have been a really crappy day into an entertaining one .

You guys are GREAT . :manyheart

For once I believe I was smart in deciding to do the Around The World pattern in lapghan size 'cause I only have to do 225 squares. Actually, it's more like if it isn't on the relatively small side then it ain't going to get done this decade. :lol With the pattern I'm using it's 15 tiny squares joined as you go to make one strip and then I have to do 14 more strips. As I finish each row, I join it to the corresponding stitch on the first strip. So by the time I finish with Square 15 on the 15th strip the lapghan will be done except for the border. I love it! Can't wait to tell my husband: Neener, neener, I can too finish a project; now what about yours? :lol

Julie, know that I thought of you today as I slept! But really I did....I work nights so Sunday nights I start my work week. Sundays are hard to get any rest before I go into work especially when the weather gets nice and I get busy with outside projects so anyway I didn't get any sleep before going into work last night. By the time I got home I had been going for 26 hours straight. I logged on here to see the new posts but just didn't have the energy to post anything. I'm all caught up now and I sure hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone! Your friend sounds a lot like one I have with accepting advice! LOL We have all learned to just ignore her when she gets that way, sooner or later she gets over it and realizes how dumb she was. I do have three squares started for my ghan! As soon as I got them done and showed my oldest daughter she said she liked them, but did I forget that I had a sweater to finish for her! Sheez......kids....they think they are so important!:devil So I am finishing her sweater, but I told her I can work on two things at once too! LOL

Everyone have a wonderful evening and a better tomorrow!

Theresa "2"

SO impressed! You're more than halfway there! Go Julie, go! :cheer

Well gang ,

I don't know what I was thinking before when I calculated how many squares I'd need to make my round the world . Anyhow, I did some re-figuring today and I am going to need a total of 481 squares . I have 252 done.

They are very small, about the size of a saltine cracker . Got a ways to go yet, don't I ?

Julie,

It's not that i actually had the time i usually dont have time to sit down and count the stuff i do or how long it takes me. I do it at night when i send all to bed and have quiet time usually at 10 or 11 or 12 at night. and it so happens that i watched a show from 11-1 so i know it took me 2 hrs and i had 20 done. good luck on yours.

Archived