Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Hi Julie...I am letting my husband pick out the colors and he hasnt told me yet...Pretty sure it will be the one on the cover but I think he wants just two colors...we'lll see. I dont know how to post pics on here yet and as soon as I figure that out I will be able to share...otherwise I will post them on my blog.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI Lady of Roses....I made that Prairie Star one three different times. Donated one for charity in the colors in the pattern and then did one for myself replacing the green with blues and I just made another one for the lady I help to give to her grandchild. It is super easy and fast...

Hello ladies -

Roses and Insurechick --- can I ask what your first name is ? I always like calling people by their names, it seems more "homey" .

Yes, the prairie star would definitely qualify -- how'd I forget that one ? It is lovely !!!

Also ,can't wait to see the Drunkard's path-- it sure looks hard to do, is it ?

Dazy- you are funnier than heck -- you guys are all so much fun. I'll kick your butt if you kick mine. We're in this together now !

Rosette- keep us updated on what you decide !

Sorry I meant to put that in...my name is Shelly.

The drunkard's path is "easy" according to lion brand...and probably really is for a better crocheter. I had issues with the fact that the squares come out squatty because it's crocheted from corner to opposite corner. Once I got over that and stopped frogging the squares things got better. 64 squares is alot of squares...so I'm sick of the squares and it will take me a long time to have any desire to make another of these afghans...except that I like them :blush ...oh well. Anyway, it's all laid out on my guest bed and I really love the way I can tell it will look. Unfortunately, I'm ridiculously busy these days...so it will probably be a while before I finish it.:(

I know what I'm going to do now! I am doing a monogram quilt in green, yellow, white and pink. It will have a checkered border and the monogram will be white in a pink box. I think it should be kinda cool! I can't wait to see everyone else's too. It seems to be kinda fun!

You know what I just realized? This CAL is actually kinda devious because almost anything you could make could qualify... after all, Quilts are very diverse.

Julie... you are one sneaky woman!

Ok Julie! Just saw this thread! I LOVE quilt afghans and have made a few of the. Right now I am working on a fan design quilt afghan for my granddaughter. Would this qualify for this CAL? Its not traditional though. The fans are multicolored in Caron brights - Watermelon, Lime, Grape, Turquoise, Rubine Red, Mango & Lemon. The main color of the square is white and is done in a shell pattern. The fans will be put together ofset each other so one will be fanning one way and the next the opposite way. If this qualifies then count me in too!

Lynn:hook

My name is Enid. It's Welsh and means meadowlark or purity. (Family name). Most people just call me LoR on message boards.

I'd like to do the Prairie Star, but I won't be able to join in this CAL until yarn goes on sale . I will hit this thread and join when I can. :manyheart

Curse you, Julie :P for putting another idea in my already-bulging-with-crochet-project-ideas head!!! :faint

I have to pass on this CAL for now, as I have GOT to get some other projects done! :knit But I will be spying :lurk on you all for inspiration and maybe join in as soon as I can!

By the way, the All Around the World afghan looks so nice!

Ohhhh...I have been wanting to do a quilt ghan for a long time...so.....count me in too, I just have to decide on a pattern and colors. I have a few wips to finish first and that should give me time to get a pattern and colors picked. I am leaning towards the log cabin though I may find one (probably more than one!) that I would like to do too! This is so much fun!

Theresa

Julie, you are such a ringleader! :lol

And boy, do I have a book for all of you who like crocheted quilts: The Crocheter's Quilt Book - afghans with quilt motifs - by Elyse Sommer, ISBN 0-02-609170-4. Patterns include: Amish Split Bars, Split Rail, Diamonds and Arrows, Trip Around The World, Broken Star, Baby Blocks, Checkerboard Grid, Nine Patch, Patience Double Nine Patch, Roman Stripe, Sawtooth Quilt, Flying Geese, Cross, Hole In The Barn Door, Bow Ties, Rocky Road To Kansas, Pieced T, World Without End, Barn Raising, Log Cabin Fences, Snail's Trail, Melon Patch, Windmill Blades, Flower Baskets, plus a few others.

And then for those of us who love the Tunisian stitch, there's a couple of crocheted quilt patterns in this book: BHG Afghan-Stitch Crochet, ISBN 0-696-01786-5. Patterns are lap robe size: Aunt Sukie's Choice and Trip Around The World.

I'd love to do an Around The World afghan, but I want to think :think about how I'm going to squeeze this in with a trillion other WIPs :eek and to-do projects hanging around and what colors to use and yadda, yadda, yadda.

Hi Lynn -

Yep, yours would count as a quilt. I think i know the pattern you're talking about but have never seen one made other than in a book . I'd love to see it finished !

Enid- Thanks for telling me your name. I like it, it's very pretty . We'll be here when you're ready to jump in !

Since we have 2 Theresas -- Theresa 1- We'll be here if you can get things done and want to join later on ! Hope you do !

and Theresa 2- Great ! I was hoping someone would pick the log cabin . I'd like to see one of them done !

Gleda- Hope you can get organized and join us soon . We'll be waiting to hear back from you -- the book you have sounds really nice !

Ok Julie! I'm in then! I'll post a few pictures when I get a few rown put together. It sounds awful but looks really pretty when I lay the squares out together.

Lynn

Dang it, Julie, you make it nigh impossible to resist your enthusiasm for CALs. :lol I'm going to bite the bullet, put aside everything else and make a quilt for me, myself and I. Oh, man, what did I just do? I just committed myself to my first CAL! :eek

Okay, okay, I got the pattern I want. Now it's just a matter of deciding on colors. I do not have the capability to post pictures from my computer, but I'm sure my husband can be persuaded to let me use his computer to post. Just do not expect to see anything for awhile. I'll be posting when I can.

here is the yarn that I have picked . I came across this one skein of Rh that I have been holding back for something special . Its burgandy , do you think it looks good with the sage, woodsy green , aran?

th_ninepatchyarn.jpg

:cheer Julie --I love the patterns you posted-I would like to join in !! I think the nine patch in some special colors would be wild for my bedroom makeover . thanks and blessings Janice:clap

here is the yarn that I have picked . I came across this one skein of Rh that I have been holding back for something special . Its burgandy , do you think it looks good with the sage, woodsy green , aran?

th_ninepatchyarn.jpg

The burgandy is perfect! :cheer I think all four colors are balanced.

Archived