Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Jen -

That is REALLY pretty ! Can't wait to see your first square finished !

PS- thanks for posting the Quilter's link -- I LOVE that website. Can't quilt, but I love looking at all those patterns. I think I'd better add it to my list of pattterns at the beginning . Someone could always use one of those patterns to design a crocheted afghan if they had the talent ( which I don't ) :lol

Norma -- sounds like you got a good start last night ! What afghan are you making for your SIL ?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Ladies

For those of you who have yet to decide :

I added some new links to page one-- they are down below the ~~~~~ line .

4 REALLY neat squares ( one for you Canadians done in a red and white maple leaf design )

and a baby afghan that is SO cute ----

Go check them out ...

VIMS --- thought I'd help you out a little by adding a few MORE choices to the mix .

PS -- wish I knew someone needing a baby afghan . I LOVE that pattern .:manyheart

Julie you succeeded in confoozling me even more! Now I want to make the lion brand one too! its so simple and cute:P.. well I am confident i would make my decision by tomorrow am if you don't bring in new links :devil

Thanks for all the wonderful links!

hugs

Vims

Nope, no way, not gonna join this CAL! The thought of having to stitch all those itty bitty blocks makes my eyes go buggy. But, the patterns really are beautiful, so I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up. I'll be watching safely from a distance! :lol

Aww, Come on ,Renee ...

You KNOW you wanna do it . If I can do it, so can you !

Go take another look through the new patterns I posted . I bet you'll change your mind . :devil

Look how many people have signed up . Do you want to be left out ? :hook

You have been so much fun in some of the other groups-- great poster, great crocheter .

* I'll give you a dollar .*

IMG_0233.jpg

Here is a very blurry image of the squares all laid out on my bed. I'll try to take a better picture, but I didn't have time this morning to mess with the exposure on my new camera.:blush

Wow, Shelly

That is gonna be a real stunner when it's all put together ! Looks like you are the farthest one done of any of us !

Thanks for sharing the photo ~~~ :)

I'm only the furthest because I cheated...I've been working on this afghan for months...no real credit deserved here! :blush Like I said I'll be lucky to have it pieced together and with border by the time most of you are finished. Several people have asked me what the Drunkard's Path pattern looked like so I wanted to post the picture...although, I have see other Drunkard's path afghans done with smaller pie shapes...I think it varies quite a bit.

JulieKay I'm so impressed by your quick responses :-)

Oh that sounds really pretty! I loce blue and white together, unfortunately I don't have much blue in my house. Can't wait to see a picture of it. The Israel quilt block you posted the link to is gorgeous! Wish I could fine that pattern in crochet.

I just asked hubby what he thought of the fan quilt afghan I am doing for my granddaughter, Shannon. His words were, "I don't have to like it, Shannon does." So, guess he doesn't like it very much. Shannon has just redone her bedroom in orange (bright) and lime green! Sounds awful and I thought before I saw it it must look terrible. When I saw it completed it is very striking, especially with the accents she used. This colorful fan quilt will be perfect in her room. She picked out the colors. Oh, to be a vibrant 18 again!!!

Lynn

Well, I only read the first post here, but I wanna do a crochet-a-quilt crochetalong! I just got a leaflet that has several traditional quilt designs in crochet pattern!

Count me in! I adore the Double Wedding Ring pattern - I actually have a beautiful Double Wedding Ring quilt that hubby and I picked up on our first anniversary in Solvang, CA, a lovely little town towards Santa Barbara, and it's hanging on one of the walls in the livingroom. I'd love to make one in crochet!

Do we know how to have a good time or what!

Shelly -

Thanks -- I make it a goal to answer EVERYONE that posts . I think it shows that we care what each person is doing -- if you post and no one answers you, or you may not get answered for days, it's easy to get discouraged because you think no one notices what you're doing .

I notice you all .

Equal Opportunity CAL leader .

No one left behind .. and all that Jazz . :lol

Oh Julie!

I just LOVE the tumbling blocks baby afghan! Would love to make that one too but better stick to what I have started.

Thank you for the wonderful quilt site! I love quilts and quilt afghans! On this site you can get the templates for each quilt block and I think I saw the templates marked with the size of the square or triangle. I'll have to look again when I have more time. If this is the case then it will be easy to translate to crochet blocks.

Lynn

Lynn ,

Don't get discouraged by your husband's lack of excitement . Mine is pretty much the same way ,although he DID ask what I was working on with all these bright colors. You almost need sunglasses when looking at them .

Your granddaughter's bedroom sounds like mine when I was a teenager - Mine was also lime green !

Oh, I'll have to tell Shannon someone else had a lime green room! She wanted a lime green dress for prom but the dress she picked out didn't come in lime so I think she is wearing turquoise. Oh well, its another bright!

Lynn

Welcome Paulette !

Wow, i'd love to see the double wedding ring pattern in an afghan . I bet it would be SO pretty !!!

Glad you decided to join the gang -- you'll have a blast. There are so many nice people in these -along groups ~ :)

Aww, Come on ,Renee ...

You KNOW you wanna do it . If I can do it, so can you !

Go take another look through the new patterns I posted . I bet you'll change your mind . :devil

Look how many people have signed up . Do you want to be left out ? :hook

You have been so much fun in some of the other groups-- great poster, great crocheter .

* I'll give you a dollar .*

-------------

Make it a dollar per square, and I just may! :lol

Lynn -

If you're speedy, you'll be able to squeeze in the baby blocks afghan next . Yes, that Quilt site is amazing isn't it ?

Sure wish I could sew... my sewing is PATHETIC .

My poor husband knows if a button falls off, he may as well buy a new shirt. I hate even sewing on a button .:lol

Fargoan...now it's not hard once you figure out what they do...you start in the pie shaped part in the corner and work across...increasing to make the pie shapped part, then you change colors and continue to increase for a couple more rows. then you start decreasing in order to get back down the the other corner.

That probably doesn't make sense, but I couldn't see how it would work from the pattern even until I did it a couple times.

Norma -- sounds like you got a good start last night ! What afghan are you making for your SIL ?

Its out of the leisure arts Birthstone afghans . Her birthday is july 21st . She don't know I am doing it . I wanted to do it because she is such a great person . she sets her mind on things and she achieves them . She is there for you when you need her . I am rambling but thats what I am doing. its a really pretty pattern suppose to be in a ruby but all I could find was a autum red is caron ss which is really pretty . It has 130 rows and I am on row 15 so you see I have a lot to work on .

I used to sew a lot and even made a SMALL quilt eons ago. I would love to take quilting lessons but the problem would be picking out which patterns I want to make an actual quilt and which one I want to make a crochet quilt! Don't think 24 hours in a day would be enough if I were quilting AND crocheting!:lol

Lynn

Archived