Teatime Filet

crochetrae

This is my first filet done from a graph! I absolutely hated doing it, but I like the picture!:hook I discovered my brain won't read the line left to right while I'm working right to left. Who knew? I found the graph in a very old leaflet, pre-1920 I think. There was no copyright date. A friend of mine redid the graph on her computer for me. The one in the book wasn't legible. It's bigger than I thought it was going to be, 19x14 inches. I used #30 thread with a #12 hook. I haven't decided what color background to mount it on, but I plan to put it in my kitchen.

th_f6b27298.jpg

It's funny what the digital camera does to these squares. :eek It doesn't look this funky and squiggly in real life.

Susan

That is just beautiful! I would hate to do filet, too. I think I did a bookmark once in filet and that was enough for me. :lol It turned out gorgeous, though!

Tina

Wow. that is really pretty. What colors are in your kitchen? I think it would be lovely with a blue background behind it or even a pink one. (those colors always remind me of teacups and teatime.)

Wow. that is really pretty. What colors are in your kitchen? I think it would be lovely with a blue background behind it or even a pink one. (those colors always remind me of teacups and teatime.)

Anna,

I really don't have any color in the kitchen. The walls are beige and the cabinets are wood. I have some green plants, so I was thinking about the green, like I pictured it on. I thought about pink, too but it doesn't show up as well. There's no blue in my house. I tried black and it looks muddy with the ecru thread. Still thinking. Thanks for your thoughts!

Susan

Archived