Coasters I made for Wedding Present

donnalynn2

My DH's niece is getting married on Saturday and our main gift is money but I absolutely hate to arrive at a wedding or other function without a wrapped gift of somekind (just the kind of person I am) so I whipped these coasters up for her earlier this week. I used Aunt Lydia's Size 3 thread and loved them! Of course they are a little bigger than if I had used size 10 but they aren't that much larger and I think they turned out nice. I still have to block them this morning before leaving for work but wanted to show pics...

P.S. I got this pattern from Creative Crochet which I borrowed from the library. I am seriously considering purchasing this book (if I can find it) as there were many wonderful, easy patterns in it. I did modify this pattern slightly as it called for a Picot Edge and after making one with the Picots I didn't like how they turned out so I ended these one round early.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/donnalynn2/Coasters001.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/donnalynn2/Coasters002.jpg

For someone who has just gone over to the "DARK SIDE" they are beautiful. I am sure your niece will love them. I must admit I absolutley despise doing the picot edging.

Keep up the great work:cheer

What a lovely gift. I agree with the feeling of empty handedness.. The only advise I would give is that I dont think four will be enough. :D They are so beautiful she will want to use them for entertaining. If you find she really loves them, you can always add to the set at Christmas or birthdays etc.

That will keep you busy! :manyheart

For someone who has just gone over to the "DARK SIDE" they are beautiful. I am sure your niece will love them. I must admit I absolutley despise doing the picot edging.

Keep up the great work:cheer

Yeah, Picot is not my fave stitch. When making Snowflakes they are many times neccesary so I suffer through them but honestly, now I only do Picots if I feel the pattern really needs it. I actually was thinking of making a different edging, but since I used size 3 thread it was already big enough and another row of anything would have put it over the edge.

Is there anyone out there who really enjoy's Picots? :P On a side note, since discovering thread and enjoying making things with it I am totally addicted to "Old Time Crochet Magazine". I got a couple issues in a trade last year and love them. They have so many great designs in thread and not just doilies but practical things. The only diwnside to working with size 3 thread is that it tends to really hurt my tension finger after awhile. I think I'm going to stitch myself a crocheters thimble for that finger so the thread doesn't saw my finger off! :hook

Archived