Sapphire Enchantment #9 My New design

Katchkan

This is the ninth Doily that I have created towards the Birthstone Doilies. This one was fairly easy as I actually designed it a few years ago but never wrote it down. This was the perfect opportunity to document the design. It actually turned out much nicer than the original as I have better idea of what I am doing. There are several irish crochet element in the design.

This one is done in size 10 thread, I used a Royal Blue and white. I used my trusty size 7 boye hook/1.65mm It measures 14 inches across.

I hope all of you are enjoying this challenge. I know that I have been enjoying the opportunity to stretch myself and see what I can come up with.

Well I await your verdict. Does it pass muster?

SapphireEnchantment1.jpg

SapphireDetail.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay where do I start, I :manyheart it, I love the way the roses puff up, you have done a spectacular job as always. I just can't seem to catch up to you. :cheer Beautiful work as always.

Mary

Kathy

Very pretty Doily..

I learned to crochet with thread when I was about 8. Lol back then thread was more popular then yarn I think.

The color contrast with the white and blue on your Doily really makes it stand out..

I need to sit some of my yarn projects aside and do some thread projects. I like doing the filet doilies, and designing what they say etc.

I did a wedding Filet for my niece as a extra gift for her wedding and she wondered :think what it was lol since then she has learned to crochet.

Thank you for sharing the pic of the doily.

hummywinger :yay

Let's see does it pass muster???

4,066 Yeah's :clap

0 No's:angry

Does that answer your question. Boy, remind us not to challenge you again. You are unbelievable. Each one is better than the next.

Beautiful as always and I drool:drool

Archived