To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Anna, your DD will absolutely adore the mouse!!! She'll treasure it. You did such a great job on it!

Mary Jo, I think the yellow would look great as a border, and if you have it on hand, that's a bonus. The graph came out so good!!

So....Our local Blankie Depot is officially ceasing operation. That's where I would donate my work. Now I'll have to see if I can find someone else to give blankets to. I don't often make hats, but I suppose I can do that... With the cost of postage I don't want to mail anything. If I can't find any charity right away I'll just keep making things until I can start gifting them...lol!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anna, your DD will absolutely adore the mouse!!! She'll treasure it. You did such a great job on it!

Mary Jo, I think the yellow would look great as a border, and if you have it on hand, that's a bonus. The graph came out so good!!

So....Our local Blankie Depot is officially ceasing operation. That's where I would donate my work. Now I'll have to see if I can find someone else to give blankets to. I don't often make hats, but I suppose I can do that... With the cost of postage I don't want to mail anything. If I can't find any charity right away I'll just keep making things until I can start gifting them...lol!

does your Joanns participate in project Linus?  Just go to the poorest nursing home in your area and I promise you will light up someones life....  Breaks my heart when those folks get forgotten!!

MJ, LOVE the ghan... yellow.... yes....

Wow, good for you, shark and afghan ready!  :clap  :clap  :clap

Well, I'm sooo proud  :jumpyay

I made ballerina mouse and it is so cute!

The photo session is not official, because I hide the mouse now - my daughter's birthday is on March 12th. But it's hard for me, I want to give it to her now  :heart  But at least I'll wait until new fabric comes and I'll sew the tote.

attachicon.gifballerina 1.jpg  attachicon.gifballerina 2.jpg

Turned out so adorable!!! I love it.

Finished 2 outfits for 8" Lots of Love doll.  I hope to get working on a knitted one today.

I will be changing my table and tree over today, so that will take most of the day.

Well Here is the afghan done, except for the border.  I have to wait for the white yarn, I ran out, to do the border or do you think the Yellow would be better?

attachicon.gifAngel Hugs 01.JPG

Gorgeous Mary Jo, Your work is always stunning. I too think yellow would be good for the border.

February List:

Currently working on Little Tribble's plastic canvas valentine box.

cross stitch pictures I'm going to make for Little Tribble's birthday

dragon scarf for an order

Finish the Blanket I started for myself. Mostly done but have to add the faces and I am out of black yarn!!!

Maybe choose an unfinished crochet item to finish if I have the time.

Mary Jo, I would make a red boreder  :D Sometimes you ask and get too many opinions  :lol  The afghan is soooo pretty - na matter which version of finishing you choose.

I have second ballerina almost done  :D

Mary Jo, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished graph ghan!

Lea, the nursing home idea sounds good...I may do that. A neighbor of mine has a relative who is a nurse in a nearby nursing home.

This blue blanket I'm making is in Periwinkle - I can use navy to border it and it will be less baby looking, and more of an adult lapghan.

Happy hooking, you industrious ladies!

Good Morning everyone.

I am going to go with the yellow.  Thanks for the idea of the red, but I think for a little girl, the yellow would be better.

I have 2 outfits done and working on the third for the 8" lots of love doll.  I am thinking of making a carrier to keep everything in. 

After this outfit, I will finish the afghan, so I can put it away till it leaves the house.

Have a fun day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Apak Love that mouse :O) wow!! your work is amazing!!!so jealous....

Mary Jo: Love your work as well and that blanket is perfect!!! Great Job.....I have been waiting on pins and needles to see how it turned out...I think Yellow would be perfect for the border... & that little pink doll was out of this world your dolls are always awesome.....

Cross posting this Update on blanket:  FINISHED!!!!

1st project of the new year is a Wave Ripple Baby Blanket using 3 skeins of RHSS Red/White/Black- a few rows left and then lots of ends to weave..... ***bought 1 skein of white used coupon

post-35509-0-63189400-1486157190_thumb.jpg

Mary Jo!! Love the blanket! Can't wait to see the pretty yellow border! What a good idea!

And that ripple is super pretty! Nice work!

I've been pretty busy this last week or so. It's Catholic Schools week and since I teach at 3 Catholic Schools...my week has been a little out of the ordinary, to say the least! Although I did put my hands back to work. I made 3 squares for Katy and am about to ship them out now. 

Happy weekend all!! <3

Was working on the sleeves of a sweater for the doll and lost one of my DP needles. Put it down and it ran away.  I have to stop after my haircut and get a new set.  I know once I come home, I will find it.

Love the way the afghan looks now finished.

Off to get the hair cut.

Have a great day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Oh I forgot about one thing. When my friend saw it for the first time, she was sitting opposite me, so she saw it upside down. She asked: What is it? PANTS???

Since then I call it the same  :lol

In fact it is kind of yarn organiser. You put yarn inside, place IT on your forearm and crochet! There's no way yarn could escape  ;)  One of my friend uses it everytime we meet for crocheting together in the cafe. It's very useful, because tables are usually full of our projects, cakes and coffees. It keeps work clean and safe, and is very light.

I was gifted with such organiser - my aunt bought one on craft market. SO I studied it and analysed carefully - and sew my own. I'm going to sew more for my friends. You can turn it inside out so you can use two patterns of fabric and change. But for this one I used just one, because I couldn't decide on the second.

attachicon.giforganizer.jpg

That is cute....and such a good idea. I crochet a lot in the car and something like this would work well for that.

So sorry to hear about katyallen. I hope she will recover soon. I thought I could make some squares, but I guess there's no way they could get to owlvamp before 6th Feb from my place...

I made the Holy Family for my calendar. I think if I don't manage to complete two adult calendars, I'll definitely make a Family set for the other person.

I had fun crocheting baby Jesus. I showed it to my husband and said: Guess - what is it?

HE HAD NO iDEA  :lol

attachicon.gifrodzina.jpg

And here are two shepherds for my kids' calendar. Orange is not so neon blinding in reality  :D

attachicon.gifpasterze.jpg

Advent calendar - kids:

1. mini sock

2. snowman ornament

3. elf ornament

4. first shepherd for Nativity (mom shepherd)

5. child shepherd

6. a candy cane

7. heart photo frame

8. snowflake photo frame

9. Christmas ball in pink

10. Dutch heart 

Advent calendar - "adult"

1. mini sock (2x)

2. thread bell (2x)

3. snowflake photo frame 

4. oval photo frame

5. heart photo frame

6. thread bell - pattern #2 (2x)

7. Big Christmas ball lacy cover

8. Pineapple ball cover (2x)

9. Dutch heart in thread

10. Joseph

11. Mary

12. Baby Jesus

Cute figures. They look like a lot of work.

This is what I did over the weekend.  A friend's little girl is very sick.  I decided to make her something she could cuddle and in her favorite color.

Oh I did not make the doll.  I also added a blankie to keep her dolly warm.

attachicon.gifCuddle Doll000 (2).JPGattachicon.gifCuddle Doll001 (2).JPG

Wow, that's beautiful. It would take me more than a weekend to accomplish that!

Mary Jo: Love your work as well and that blanket is perfect!!! Great Job.....I have been waiting on pins and needles to see how it turned out...I think Yellow would be perfect for the border... & that little pink doll was out of this world your dolls are always awesome.....

1st project of the new year is a Wave Ripple Baby Blanket using 3 skeins of RHSS Red/White/Black- a few rows left and then lots of ends to weave..... ***bought 1 skein of white used coupon

Beautiful!

I'm sorry to hear how sick katyallen8090 is. Sepsis is very serious stuff. Hope she does ok.

I designed and made my great niece a messy bun hat this week. She always wears a headband because she has super thick curly gait that she always has in a bunch on top of her head. I designed it to have horizantal ridges on the brim. When I went to weave in the ends, I noticed that the brim was ribbed on the inside, so I decided it wa reversible! Excuse the upside down picture. Not sure exactly how I managed that! The hat is actually a bright turquoise, as she loves bright colors.

post-6189-0-93629000-1486219838_thumb.jpg

post-6189-0-53814400-1486219855_thumb.jpg

Great hat, Cindy!!

Good Morning everyone.

I am going to go with the yellow.  Thanks for the idea of the red, but I think for a little girl, the yellow would be better.

I have 2 outfits done and working on the third for the 8" lots of love doll.  I am thinking of making a carrier to keep everything in. 

After this outfit, I will finish the afghan, so I can put it away till it leaves the house.

Have a fun day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Oh, the ghan is going to be perfect!!

Was working on the sleeves of a sweater for the doll and lost one of my DP needles. Put it down and it ran away.  I have to stop after my haircut and get a new set.  I know once I come home, I will find it.

Those suckers are small - easy to lose! And I'm sure it will turn up, too...lol!

Love the way the afghan looks now finished.

Off to get the hair cut.

Have a great day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

That ripple ghan is so pretty - and perfect! :clap

Well, I reached out o my nurse neighbor and she works at one NICU that I can still donate to - and she knows another nurse nearby who works at another hospital, and she will gladly take stuff too!. She says she'll take anything I make. That's the nurse who I made the red hat for - and the smaller one for her DD.

I'm going to make hats, too - found some green SS and will make at least one hat for St. Patrick's Day. ;)

Judy, doesn't it make you feel great when you know your work will be appreciated?

I am hooking away at this weeks CAL, yesterday I was able to finish one of the heart potholders when I was in the car...

...and APAK... I ordered some of those wooden figures and worke d/frogged/worked /frogged on Joseph, he in no way looks as great as yours but I am satisfied....  thanks so much for the inspiration, I really want to  do a set for each of the kids/ families..

Judy, doesn't it make you feel great when you know your work will be appreciated? Absolutely!

I am hooking away at this weeks CAL, yesterday I was able to finish one of the heart potholders when I was in the car... Good job!

...and APAK... I ordered some of those wooden figures and worke d/frogged/worked /frogged on Joseph, he in no way looks as great as yours but I am satisfied....  thanks so much for the inspiration, I really want to  do a set for each of the kids/ families..

My DAR chapter has a small group who are going to make lapghans for the veterans home. I will join them.

The shark blanket is now "swimming" its way up the east coast to Amity Island.

That sounds like a terrific group to join!

Good job! The blanket is pretty and the colors are great!

I'm sorry to hear how sick katyallen8090 is. Sepsis is very serious stuff. Hope she does ok.

I designed and made my great niece a messy bun hat this week. She always wears a headband because she has super thick curly gait that she always has in a bunch on top of her head. I designed it to have horizantal ridges on the brim. When I went to weave in the ends, I noticed that the brim was ribbed on the inside, so I decided it wa reversible! Excuse the upside down picture. Not sure exactly how I managed that! The hat is actually a bright turquoise, as she loves bright colors.

The hat is really cute!

And thank you for your compliments!

Judy, doesn't it make you feel great when you know your work will be appreciated?

I am hooking away at this weeks CAL, yesterday I was able to finish one of the heart potholders when I was in the car...

Wow! Good for you! 

First figure is always the biggest challenge and surprise  :D  I can't wait to see your Joseph!

Good morning,

Another chilly day for Florida, but we are looking to warm up later.

I finished the afghan, which will be posted later.  I also finished another outfit for an 8" lots of love baby doll.  I have to make another one, as the first was confiscated for a doll in Amy Ville.  She was cold.

So after that I will make a tote to put the doll and cloths in.

Hugs, all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Archived